Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Dec 19 12 9:29 AM

everyone,

Here are the latest update photos for DreamForge (I have given you close ups so you can see the level of detail Wargames Factory has achieved with these figures.)

Photo: Feral Shadokesh

Photo: Leviathan CrusaderPhoto: Leviathan CrusaderPhoto: Leviathan Crusader

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Dec 19 12 10:37 AM

AAAAAGGGHHHHH, nnnnnnoooooo! thought my wallet was safe, my credit card was not needed. wow they are better than I thought. m-m-ust resist, for now at least. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its a bug planet its an ugly planet

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Dec 19 12 12:39 PM

The giant walking target (aka giant mecha) ain't my thing (ie., "A moving foxhole attracts the eye!"). Those heavy weapons teams however are another matter entirely...

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#44 [url]

Dec 19 12 1:39 PM

Man, they really are something else....wave of the future, and bye bye pennies...

Really, really like the heavy weapons teams. The Tri-Mortar and the Grenade launcher/HMG really impress me and the large Crusader suit is as good as the hype. 

Another fantastic sets of sculpts, well done all.

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Dec 21 12 4:50 AM

everyone,

If you have not looked at our home page let me share the latest with you here:

Wargames Factory is pleased to announce that Stage 1 tooling on Dreamforge-Games' Kickstarter is now finished. With tooling complete, we are running production on the remaining sprues and loading the cargo container. As soon as the cargo container arrives at our US distribution center we will ship all Kickstarter orders! We appreciate everyone's patience as we wait for the shipment to arrive.

In addition to providing the manufacturing of Dreamforge-Games kits, we will also be handling distribution of the product to stores. After we finish shipping all Kickstarter stage 1 orders, we're excited to release the kits for general distribution. Look for these amazing sets on store shelves in early 2013!

Below you'll find some pictures of the first assembled hard plastic figures from Dreamforge-Games. The Leviathan Crusader (the big robot) is an impressive behemoth of a kit measuring 8.5 inches tall! 

Jim

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#46 [url]

Dec 21 12 7:27 AM

Just noticed on the pics on the page, there's an option for a beret'd female trooper head-Yep Thats progress and a sure fire seller, great stuff!!!

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#47 [url]

Dec 22 12 1:41 AM

I love the looks of these over all..  just wish 'the world' was more pro- "true scale" in its models. Just M-Humble-O folks.
Looking at the mortar, Im thinking as an option.. a little 'drill work', and ya got yourself a 'single round' 81mm mortar as a "heavy mortar team".
But I must say.. the idea of a single mortar, firing multiple rounds at one time...  super cool!  A 'one gun' barrage all alone. Now just imagine a 'mortar squad' of 3, 9 rounds per 'volley'. If that dont get your enemy's attention.. he's already dead. LOL

As for the other heavy weapon, based on the extra shells, (just guessing) I'd say that would be one outstand.. 75mm light (based on the age of the 'tech')  ATG. Any chance it will come with optional 'twin barrel', would make a hell of a HMG.

Over all these are some really great models.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Dec 22 12 11:12 AM

That's not a female. That's Combat-Style Leonardo DiCaprio. An easy mistake. I got my goddaughter a Justin Bieber doll by giving Raggedy Ann a bowl cut.

Those do look good. I don't like the game, but I do like how it looks.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jan 2 13 7:10 PM

Jim, when these models are available will they be able to be purchased on the War Games Factory site? How many of the sets will be available? I was looking on the DreamForge site and really like the new line. Will the price be comparable to wht WF sells now. I have always liked WF products and am ready to by all of these.

HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?

Thanks

Kevin

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Jan 3 13 4:04 AM

caractacus,

Yes, we will also be selling Dream Forge figures on the WF website. 

Pricing information is available on the Kickstarter web site.

The response was so great for the robots and other figures delivery had to be delayed. The decision was made to expand this project to meet all the customer requests for more figures.

For Wargames Factory we will chose quality over speed every time. Wargames Factory has already provided you with numerous pictures of what is coming very soon now, and we believe you will agree the figures are Awesome!

I feel the ground shaking. Soon, very soon now for the Dream Forge products. Remember, this is a Kickstarter project so Kickstarter customers will be the first customers to receive the new products.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jan 31 13 5:54 AM

After reading Mark Mondragons statement about not adding more to the pledge for the other stuff i feel really foolish !.  The heavy troopers will be spectacular thanks to the WGF and DFG alliance !!

One thing though get the feeling Dreamforge should set up a forum home here to discuss the Iron Core stuff.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jan 31 13 12:44 PM

Well, I'm not sure how the person did it, but there's a plastic Dreamforge mecha model for sale now at the FLGS... interesting...

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jan 31 13 2:09 PM

Are you sure they are not selling a resin kit? I had an initial release of about 300 of these, so its quite possible they have one.

The box art for the resin kits looked like this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Q4xgC19hdNg/TV7wqnqsSAI/AAAAAAAAA80/i668RKSCpQU/s1600/Crusader+box.jpg

The plastics have not been released and would have a box that looks like this.:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreamforge-games/something-wicked-this-way-comes-crusader-plastic-m?ref=card

I doubt highly that anyone aside from myself or Jim who is running the conventions has one of these in their hands. If they do I would sure like to know where you saw it and have a chat with them.

Mark Mondragon
DreamForge-Games

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#55 [url]

Jan 31 13 2:51 PM

jack,
Based on the images from the Kickstarter, the heavy weapons team included an option for a quad machinegun.

-xeno

Oh, yea.. that works too! )

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Feb 2 13 6:45 PM

Are you sure they are not selling a resin kit? I had an initial release of about 300 of these, so its quite possible they have one.

-nosegoblin

Could very well be resin; the model was assembled and painted up to a professional standard and for sale as such. Paint as you well know, hides many sins...

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Feb 4 13 6:47 AM

everyone,

The first shipment of DreamForge has arrived!!!!!! It will take 1-2 weeks to send out all the Kickstarter orders first. This is primarily the Kickstarter shipment, and we have a small amount of 'extras' that will be available.There is another shipment following up soon. I will have a lot more information shortly, and PICTURES!

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Feb 9 13 10:21 AM

Been watching all the KS backers on Dakka and other forums posting unboxing pics, very exciting!

Warstore and other online sites have set up preorders. Any news when the kits will be available for preorder or order through the WGF shop?

Doug currently working on: Kings of War - Goblins, Black Powder - War of Spanish Succession, Dreadball - 29ers, Pike & Shotte - New Model Army

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help