Remove this ad

#181 [url]

Jul 10 13 4:30 AM

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't seem to see it anywhere, is there a release date for the female survivors yet? I'd like to take advantage of the multi box offers and buy a couple of boxes of both survivors and zombies

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#182 [url]

Jul 10 13 5:25 AM

bushieoghan,

Welcome to our forums.

There is no release date set for the female survivors. 

The Russian infantry will be on our web site for sale very soon.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#183 [url]

Jul 10 13 7:49 AM

Oops it seems my first post on the forum was flagged as spam, and after reading the forum rules I see why so my apologies to the moderator(s). Lets just say I was really impressed with my first box of "survivors the men" and am really looking forward to "survivors the women", though when this box does come out I'd like to see more rifles and shotguns than automatic weapons, some improvised weapons would be cool too.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#184 [url]

Jul 10 13 1:36 PM

looking forward to "survivors the women", though when this box does come out I'd like to see more rifles and shotguns than automatic weapons, some improvised weapons would be cool too.

-bushieoghan

I think thats a practical idea. After all, while Im sure in a 'fight or die" surivival situation, anyone will take whatever weapon we could find. However I believe its more realistic to think that women would have chosen a handgun for their home protection weapon than a semi-automatic rifle.
At the same time, it cant hurt if say WF has 5 spures of 6 figs each (30 total) and 3 sprues of weapons and extra's. Looking back at the weapon list provided by  *Mrinku  on 23 April, that the weapon sprues have 1 or even 2 more 'Bullpup', 'AK-47' & "M-16' rifles each (always handy for bits). In addition at least 2-3 hunting rifles and shotguns per sprue, but handguns and improvised weapons 'should' be the bulk of weapons I think.
I know the idea of the woman with the cast-iron skillet sounds cliche', but if you ever dropped one on your foot.. laughter was not the sounds I made. LOL

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#185 [url]

Jul 10 13 2:37 PM

@Jack-I REALLY like the idea of a skillet for the women survivors! Not being sexist or anything but it's a great idea.  Death by Le Creuset!*

Hey didn't Stephen King include a character using a toaster in a pillow case as a weapon in the short story 'The Langoliers' (pos sic).

Even if the same equipment sprue came with the women figs, I've no doubt it'll work.

Hey, handguns...now thats a cool idea....

*Sponsored by Sabatier-The Knives you can trust in a Zombie outbreak!

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

mrinku

superstar

#186 [url]

Jul 10 13 7:29 PM

I'm hoping that a couple of the classic zombie survival weapons not provided in the Men's kit may make it to the women's one:

* Fire or wood chopping axe
* double barrelled shotgun
* Revolvers

As well as kitchen blunt objects as discussed above. A big carving knife would also be nice (as would a fancy hunting/bowie - the knife from the men's kit is okay, but a bit small).

But... I guess it's a bit late to change whatever has been sent to the factory by now.

Mark Dewis

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#187 [url]

Jul 10 13 10:33 PM

Samurai sword (Katanna at least) would be a bonus, but I'm happy to use one from the Samurai set if one is not included 

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

#188 [url]

Jul 11 13 4:34 AM

bushieogan,

Welcome to our forums!

The female survivors will be coming 'soon'.

You are in good 'spam' company, I also have that issue from time to time. WF has been working on this with Lefora. All spam gets reviewed and then 'released' if admin finds no issue. Just an FYI on this everyone, most, spam is later posted so it is not lost or considered spam by WF. Most veterans of our forums, I believe, will agree true spam is an uncommon event. As the message you receive advises you, your idea is being reviewed before being posted.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#189 [url]

Jul 11 13 6:28 AM

Thanks for the welcome, I think my post was considered spam as I was asking about a release date, though I see from the forum rules that its not allowed, anyway I am looking forward to the kit when it's released soon hopefully.

Also as we've been discussing other weapons we'd like to see included, I agree I'd like to see more pistols/hand guns, also a wood chopping or emergency fire axe would be great as well as some more improvised household items like hammers and shovels, though I'm sure if its at an advanced stage of production we should get tons of weapons like we did with the men

Quote    Reply   

#190 [url]

Jul 11 13 11:39 AM

Glad to see female survivors in the works. My game can REALLY use them, and I will be getting ALL of the models in the Dark Futures range VERY soon, kit bashing, painting, and posting for all to see.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#191 [url]

Jul 11 13 1:44 PM

Hmmm... forget the toaster, I say three or four cans of Spam in a pillow case is a more viable anti-zed weapon system...

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#193 [url]

Jul 12 13 3:59 PM

A simple bar of soap in a pillow case is a very effective weapon. The newer the bar of soap, the more effective.[image]

-macasm

I prefer the blunt force trauma of canned pig meat; the reinforced edges of a Spam can are not to be taken lightly, even if you happen to be a shambling flesh eating member of the undead...

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#194 [url]

Jul 12 13 4:18 PM

SPAM........good food. Still have it from time to time. My wife likes it too.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#196 [url]

Jul 13 13 9:57 AM

I prefer the blunt force trauma of canned pig meat; the reinforced edges of a Spam can are not to be taken lightly,-luoshangzhi

And it has a shelf-life of 10,000 years..  the 'pig meat' not the can.       grin

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#198 [url]

Jul 25 13 4:35 PM

One of my regular old fart opponents has a teenage grandson who is now awaiting these minies. He is going to do Old West ZOMBIES. He's got buildings, is building a table, and  starting on the Zombie cowboys.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#200 [url]

Jul 26 13 12:42 AM

A definite Must Have for me!!!
All that's missing now are some equally nice Male Zombies.
The old ones are somewhat outdated..

Cheers

Labienus

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help