Remove this ad

bryon31

superstar

#21 [url]

Mar 13 13 8:17 AM

I like the Shaun of the Dead Cricket bat being included.   Makes up for the lake of a double barreled shotgun.  I'm happy.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

potter

superstar

#22 [url]

Mar 13 13 9:28 AM

Bryon, check out the sprue shots mate. There's a shotgun, a nice looking pump action civilian model (also used by Law Enforcement so doubles up for the Trooper/Cop style fig previously shown). It's tucked away, next to the crossbow on the lower left as you look at the figure sprue.under the Baseball bat arm.

It looks like there's a couple on the loose weapons/arm sprue. Yay!!!! Shotguns-1st choice for non-military survivors everywhere. Oh and is that a flat peaked cops hat head as well? Gets better and better. Or you could always do a Parking Warden survivor fig!

Can I just say it's nice to see SA80's, as well as a cricket bat for us Brits, At least any army deserters/stragglers/survivors who have picked them up on their travels can now be armed correctly if playing a UK based game i.e 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead, Dr Who etc. 
I have a feeling though it's Stars Hollow that's going to get Z'ded n our house....

Truly an international bunch of survivors so should be suitable for loads of nation depending upon where people who buy them live, not just the USA and UK-Great, well thought out stuff.

Should be easy to do 'Before Bitten' and 'After Bitten' survivor figs as well. Nice touch if you're painting them for RPG's, ATZ etc. Oh can't wait to move and get some...*sigh* wants some now....d

Looks like another 10 out of 10 for Z themed sets, I loved the Zombie Vixens for the new level of quality they introduced, in correct True 28mm, correctly proportioned and despite the tongue in cheek name, modern looking without looking like a teenagers idea of how Zombie Women would look (bare flesh and not enough rot and bites). These looks as if they haven't let you down and the Female Survivors will no doubt deliver more of the same!

Thanks to all involved.

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#23 [url]

Mar 13 13 9:57 AM

A box of these, plus the soon-to-be Female Survivors, plus a box or two of the Z Vixens, and/or the 1st set of Modern Zombies from WGF add a few cars (from the Dollar Store or Poundland here iin the UK) some quick card board buildings, and you've got a massive Z Apocalypse game for less than $100. Tonnes of figs and massive amounts of spare weapons, arms etc.

The other beauty of these is they look like they'll work np with the other WWII sets, so even more possibilities. 

Not to steal the limelight from this beautiful looking set from WGF, these latest figs look like they'll also be compatible with the Studio Miniatures Z' Clips figs recently released.

Modern Zombie Gaming just got even better, not to mention truly affordable for epic sized games. 

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#24 [url]

Mar 13 13 10:46 AM

I see the pump shotgun and I'm happy for it.  I was just hoping for a double barreled sawed off shotgun is all.  I totally agree with you about the afordability of epic Zombie apocolypse games now being possible. 

BTW... Love the painted figures WF is putting out these days.  Whoever you have painting for you guys is doing great work.  Now I'd wish you would get them to paint up a few of your older sets and give them some painters love.  I love the Amazon and Greek Hoplite miniatures but the painted examples are scary.  Top notch stuff recently, really piques the interest in the final product.

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#25 [url]

Mar 13 13 1:39 PM

Hi Bryon, sorry mate thats me 'speed reading you post' and not seeing the double barrelled bit!

Have to agree with what you said about the painting, it's a cracking job whoever's painting them, they're really doing them justice.

Should the older sets be revised, i.e like the skellies have been recently, and the box art be updated, then some of the painted examples on the website do deserve a fresh lick of paint. It can only be good PR for very little effort, and a selection of pics of well painted figs really helps shift figs. 

Well painted figs and good box art make for good eye candy. The price is often something of a second consideration, and lets face it, at these prices they're a bargain.

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#26 [url]

Mar 13 13 1:59 PM

The weird thing is, the more I see of these, the more possibilities I see.

Sawn off pump action shotguns, HK's being used to create a John McLane character, vest et al, Rick and Daryl from Walking Dead, Shaun with the cricket bat for Shaun of the Dead, AK assault rifles for terrorist types, chainsaws for Ash types, oh and so much more.

I'd like to have a go at creating a 'Movie Z survivor' selection, as well as some of the Walking Dead characters. Tallahassee and Columbus from Zombieland would be fun, and it'll be nice to see how the females pan out to see if a Wichita and Little Rock can also be created. 

My other half got me the movie as a stocking filler for Christmas as I'd never seen it and I only got round to watching it a few weeks ago and thought it was a blast. I've always liked horror with an comedy aspect and really think this was the Zombie equivalent of what 'The Lost Boys' was for Vampires in my youth.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#27 [url]

Mar 13 13 3:58 PM

While its not stated, Im sure Im correct in assuming this will be a "30 figure set'. Hmm, so 3 of each the weapon and body sprues. As such were talking some 21 of each of the 3 combat weapons, half a dozen shotguns (which Im sure could be carefully cut down a bit) which could become police weapons.
I agree the potential here looks amazing.
AK's; 'the' weapon if any was said to have been "sold by the ton", and to any buyer in the world that had the cash. Im already 'seeing' Persian Inf. armed w/ these. Now that WF has said (thank God) for now they are staying with True scale 28's, this is going to rock.

I must confess a "doofus" moment..
I kept looking for the head and legs on "that guy with the heavy leather / trench coat".  monkey

Thank you Daisy and WF!

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#28 [url]

Mar 13 13 4:19 PM

Hahahaha-Glad to know it's not just me Jack. I was looking at the sprues seeing legs then looking for a torso...then it struck me!

The AK's will be incredibly useful if combined with the Persians (sure I mentioned that donkeys ago ) spot on for Middle East conflicts and Z games in North African to name but a couple!

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Mar 13 13 5:45 PM

Absoloutlly wonderful! WGF, I love you guys/gals! On a personal note this is everything I could have ever wanted and MORE!!!!!!!

yay. :) Its going to be better then christmas when these come out. :D

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#30 [url]

Mar 13 13 6:13 PM

Absoloutlly wonderful! WGF, I love you guys/gals! On a personal note this is everything I could have ever wanted and MORE!!!!!!!

yay. :) Its going to be better then christmas when these come out. :D

Any mis-spellings or other grammar mistakes are due to the following 2 reasons: A: I am drunk. B: I am drunk. Thank you for understanding.
Good man! 
Please note whilst not condoning drinking, it is something I have abstained from these past 37 weeks....oh I miss LCL* and Stella ......may have a small sherry to wet the babys head when he arrives....
* A lager brewed in the North East that I've not had in about 6 years because it seems like you can't buy it anywhere else in the UK ......miss the North East....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Mar 13 13 10:54 PM

I`m  buying these...sooon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its a bug planet its an ugly planet

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Mar 13 13 11:09 PM

The sprues are a joy to see. Much more material than I hope for. That kit is going to fill a gap that exists on the market. Cant think of one kit that offers so much material to work from in the conversion department. It will allow to get modern/militia/survivor forces out of many other models.
I was wondering if the dream forge elite force could work as a SWAT like unit. I guess that a dreamforge kit plus this kit will work wonders.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Mar 14 13 5:26 PM

Lots of good bits for us kit bashers! Like it!

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#35 [url]

Mar 17 13 2:17 AM

Hey Mickfarnworth!

Is it me or have you been away for 'wee a bit'?  It could be just a bad timing thing on my part, but it seems you havent been around for sometime and your input has been missed.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Mar 17 13 11:24 AM

Dear Jack,

You are right, I have been away for a couple of years.  I was close to the original team and felt a bit burned by the change over.  I didn't have contact with either party since the split.  My painting guides are still on the site. 
Anyway, I kept watching and I am very happy to see some of the new products coming through.

Mick

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#37 [url]

Mar 17 13 3:10 PM

Mick
Gad to see you back, what ever brought you back. As for the past, well its certainly  'a'  part of ourlives, but I recall reading once... 
"its called "the past" for a reason, just make the best of Now and work for ever better tomorrows."

And I still refer too and use some of those guidelines which I 'copied' and saved for references.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Mar 18 13 5:40 AM

mickfarnworth,

Welcome back to the WF forums!

There have been many changes, and we think, improvements since you have been gone.

Newer kits are now coming with bases (forum member suggestions), standardized stackable sprues, improved detail, more figures in our boxes at the same prices as 2 years ago, and a growing team of people who love our hobby.

I hope you like our changes!

Jim 

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Mar 18 13 12:11 PM

I like em. I like the new WGF, but I'm not playing politics, just give me my plastic crack WGF. GIVE ME!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help