superstar

#41 [url]

Mar 18 13 1:55 PM

yes yes... plasticrack is good.. very very good....  devil

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 [url]

Mar 20 13 12:01 AM

OK I normally never, never get in on the forum about whats going on, I just read em and follow on as per normal. I am a fan of WF stuff (my collection of WF figures attest to this) BUT boy are these 'to paraphrase you Yanks' just the darnedest minis I have ever seen, and in plastic too, Wow, way to go. And even with the USPS leaps into mega bucks for postage overseas I see myself getting some of these soon for sure. Again another Americanism. "Way to go guys."

ON a side note. You guys "have got it together" so it looks like you were doing the right thing all along.

Jules in RSA.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Mar 20 13 4:19 AM

everyone,

Thank you for the kind words!

Apocalypse males will be available very soon, and the female box is in tooling. But remember, shipping, weather & customs, oh my, so no date available on females yet. 

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Mar 24 13 2:30 AM

Here are Apocalypse Survivors: The Men. They will be up for sale soon. What do you think of this cast of characters?PS: Apocalypse Survivors: The Women just heading to tooling. [image]

-daisynation

WOW, just freaking amazing!!!
Exactly what i was hopeing for.

But one thing... I cant see any fireaxe or doubblebarreled shotgun! ;)
Maybe with the females?

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Mar 24 13 5:13 AM

These models are going to be amazing, and the ability to just use this to convert other miniatures is going to make it (in my humble opinion) a probable hit in the miniatures market. Not to mention they also appear to be able to become unarmed civilians if you need any. I've been looking for a kit like this for years, now I see it, but I can't have it yet. yet........

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Mar 24 13 12:42 PM

I'm very excited to see the survivor sprue (so excited I logged in), I've been waiting for something like this since I first played Fallout. grin

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bryon31

superstar

#51 [url]

Mar 25 13 5:50 AM

Starting watching the show Falling Skies this weekend.  The survivor kit could work out well for an alien invasion scenario as well.   Getting excited.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#53 [url]

Mar 25 13 7:35 PM

The survivor kit could work out well for an alien invasion scenario as well. 

-bryon31

Excellent idea. After all, as in Independence Day (or any intelligently written story) the military bases would be priority targets. Naval & Air Force bases would of course be on the top of the 'hit lists' as they'd have the best concentration of military 'hardware'.
As a result, much of the civilian population would find themselves in a "make do" survival situation, this would be great for that.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#54 [url]

Mar 26 13 3:29 PM

I have to agree with your comments regarding Alien invasions, and they could be used opposite so many other figs out there. They could become the 'modern version of WGFs Persians for their versatility and thats before you combine them with the Persian figs!

Not only Aliens either, with the remake of Red Dawn coming out I can see many such Earthly Forces Invasion scenarios taking to the table tops with younger gamers who have not seen the original...oh I know it wasn't that great either but it was the 80's!).

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Mar 26 13 5:15 PM

Sounds like a good and possible scenario/happening for wargaming tables everywhere.  The re-release/new version of that 1980's movie just may "inspire" all kinds of versions of invasion games and minies.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Mar 26 13 6:25 PM

These figures are perfect for fighting zombies, modern or near future insurgents, militia in a near future civil war, drug cartel thugs, undercover law enforcement real or pulp fiction, hit men, hired muscle, private security guards, executive protection professionals, "private contractors," civilian colonists fighting off the local fauna on a colony in the Far and Away of space, et al. This is one of the most useful sets to emerge from the L&UL and WF to date in addition to their zeds. 

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Mar 27 13 6:56 AM

towerwarlock,

Welcome to our forums!

Very soon now the Apocalypse Survivors will be available. WF has now completed the first phase of the DreamForge Kickstarter shipments, and posted those kits on the web store. Apocalypse Survivors should be next up. The Kickstarter program had top priority because everyone prepaid for their kits on Kickstarter.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#60 [url]

Mar 27 13 11:12 AM

with the remake of Red Dawn coming out..   I can see many such Earthly Forces Invasion scenarios...  with younger gamers who have not seen the original...oh I know it wasn't that great either but it was the 80's!)-potter

OHH I do love it when they are REmaking the movies you saw in HS. Makes you feel so.. 'arthritic'.LOL
Actually my friend I only 'discovered' that Red Dawn had been remade yesterday when I saw it on the shelf at a near by store. But I cant say I was at all surprised.

I like the fact that "regular' Police officers can be made with this set. Lets face it, what good is any Zombie movie without at least one "zombie-cop' confrontation? I ask you gentlemen, am I right? Dont strain yourselves, of course I am.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help