Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 9 13 3:12 PM

Tags : :

Here's a basing technique on the cheap.
These come from a ceramic tile sheet and are 20mm x 20mm. Cost $ 5.00 US for 196 bases = 2.6 cents apiece. There are also sheets exactly 25mm square as well - 4 cents a base. The completed Roman is Wargames Factory and flocked with static grass and fine "coal" applied with school gel. I use "GOOP" to attach the minis to the bases. The other figures are comparisons. I included one standard square plastic base for comparison. They paint up normally. I just use craft store paints.
Regards,
VonGamer

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 9 13 6:52 PM

Well.......thanks for the idea. 

I mount all my infantry on individual 20 by 20mm bases. My cavalry is mounted on 25 by 50mm bases. All are NON-GW bases. Ceramic tile, I never would have come up with THAT one.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#2 [url]

Feb 9 13 11:07 PM

Vongamer
Thats a great idea. I never would have thought of that. In my case it would 'kill two birds w/ one stone", as I prefer to 'weigh down' my miniatures w/ a small washer or bit of 'slug' metal.
Ive learned the 'soldiers' tend to "fall down" less when going uphill during skirmish games, when the base has a bit of weight added. LOL

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 10 13 12:21 AM

Excellent! I'm always on the prowl for bases on the cheap...

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Feb 10 13 5:43 AM

Hmmmm another clever newbie, well done sir.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its a ugly planet, its an bug planet

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 10 13 6:58 AM

You can also get ceramic sheets that match 25mm x 50mm horse type bases exactly. The ones I've found are not bevelled and are thicker than a plastic base. Still, a possible alternate.
Regards,
VonGamer
Currently working on Welsh and Saxons...

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#6 [url]

Feb 11 13 5:36 AM

Very cool.  I'm thinking the tile could make for great dungeon themed bases.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help