Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 22 13 5:46 PM

Tags : :

Yes, oh yes.  I discovered 8 unfinished Saxon (unarmoured) Fryd. There on my work station/end table were leftover matchlocks from my last box of  WSS cavalry.grin 

Those 8 warriors are the first of 30-40 "rebels" OR perhaps they are militia? Hey, the muskets, likely meant to be carbines for the cav minies were "discovered" by those wacko Saxon Fryd with time on their hands.

Those Saxons do seem to look like peasants of the 1400 to1600s not just Saxons. Then there were the "New World" colony dwellers.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Feb 25 13 7:28 PM

I went shopping today at  the Miniature Market (It's 25 minutes away from me). I got The Saxon Fyrd box I needed. I found lots of "extra" matchlocks in my leftover/bits boxes.

Production will commence tonight. They will be militia units, skirmishers, whatever is needed. For now, thre "uniform" colour is Model Master's "Sand", it's an off white, unbleached cloth, etc.

EDIT TIME     I have plans to try using some of the leftover heads w/hats from my WSS boxes too. Since these minies will be used as/standins for island colonials, militia, whatever I need/want, I am going to dig out a few, Celt, Roman, Numidian, whatever....weapons too.

MAN..... I LOVE plastic 28mm minies....OH YEAH.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 14 13 4:42 PM

I am NOT a photo taker of worth. I have some photos of my minies. The trick is getting them into my PC and onto websites.

THAT said.....I will be done with 42 WGF Saxons (unarmored). Sand coloured uniforms/clothing, red leather hats and matchlock muskets.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#5 [url]

Mar 14 13 10:05 PM

I am NOT a photo taker of worth. I have some photos of my minies. The trick is getting them into my PC...-crazyharborc

Your preaching to the choir!  LOL
For me the trick is still figuring out the camera, then 'keep shooting pictures', until FINALLY one or two out oh.. 10 or 20 come out, relatively clear.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#6 [url]

Mar 15 13 5:47 AM

Count me in this crowd. I'm a horrible picture taker. I have to ask my wife to do it. Thing is she isn't always a willing compatriot. She'll ask me why I want her to take a picture of my toys. My answer is "I want to show them on the forum I go to." To which she replies "that’s stupid." This usually ends the conversation. She still won't take a picture of the orc's I painted. Grrrrrrrr.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#7 [url]

Mar 15 13 11:15 PM

Bryon,
Well thats not fair.. even the good ol' bad, evil Orc'es deserve to hav's there pictures take me thinks'ez.  Give it a shot 'er self I says. I know not just myself, but others would like to see dem orc's.
It maybe a while before I take any more pics, those 2 'regiments' are all I have completed. I had stopped working on the 3rd to work on the Colonial Brits, thats not exactly going by 'leaps and bounds' I must say. (

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help