Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 5 13 10:05 PM

Tags : :

Here's a thread on TMP concerning what happens when the Eisenkern troopers "acquire" a ride:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=298205

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jul 27 13 6:41 AM

hi guys, first off I hope I have managed to upload two images to this post! If I have great, if not this post would rang amongst the most useless you will have read...anyhow here goies. I am currently working on converting a Revell modern German army "Boxer" vehicle into a sci-fi, specifically a troop carrier designed to also provide fire support, command and communication and logistics support. I would like the forums opinion on the camo applied to the two figures and the wheel hubs. The ones on the left are obviously new ones, but Im not sure if they look ok...opinions sought. Cheers 

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 27 13 10:06 AM

Welcome! Like you I bash and convert kits too as its fun to do and you may use a kit that might not get used otherwise.

Your painted figures look great, good job on those and their camo,

As for your thoughts on the tires, stick with with the original ones. I don't think we can ever get away from the bolt ons and the bolt on ones have the detail in my mind :p

Lets see some more...

Mud

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 27 13 11:49 AM

Thanks Mud for the input. A couple more photos, not upto much as the lights fading and I have yet to get my photo studio up and running. However they give a rough idea. A bumper bar bristling with sensors (IED detectors I assume) and the "must have" accessory on all modern MBT's, an active anti missile defence system on a post...though mine's held on with blu tac hence the crazy angle. Taking up your comment regarding bolts, I have on order from Tichy Train Group some beautiful plastic bolts. If you havn't discovered them check there web site. They do rivets and NBW castings in a variety of sizes, and very reasonable..$3 for 96 of most sizes. I have some on order and when they arrive I will be fitting stand off armour to the vehicle. Lots of lovely bolt details all round. I want to mount a MULE from the accessory pack on the front somewhere complete with a device to deploy it next to the vehicle. I'll give that some thought tommorrow. For now cheers and talk soon... Roy

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 28 13 2:58 AM

zoltar,

I really like your idea with the mule. Have you thought about a rear attachment with several mules linked together? An MBT could pull numerous mules, and there is plenty of room for 'hitch hikers' on your tank as well. 

Supplies, infantry support, and heavy armor all in one package!

Your detail work is fantastic, by the way!

Jim

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Jul 29 13 7:26 PM

Definitely great posing, and nice modding... and the camo is starting to grow on me as something simple and effective.

Whatever you can do with finesse I can do more thoroughly with volume.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jul 30 13 1:05 AM

Thanks guys. The camo is dark green undercoat..two shades of green dry brushed on the tooth brush splattered black. My interpretation of Danish Flecktarn..i hope.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jul 30 13 3:36 AM

Looking great! Following with interest (really like the APC conversion).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help