Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 13 13 5:32 AM

Tags : :

Hey,
So the plastics company I work for going into Wargame scenery using a 3D printer. Yesterday, we released pictures of our first Wargame building. This is a variety of highly detailed floors, walls, roofs and other miscellaneous objects that can be easily built up without the need of glue giving the gamer freedom to build whatever he chooses. We plan to experiment releasing different varieties and timescales of the parts so that buildings can be easily changed and created.
I've attached some images and my blog which fully explains our original concept below! Feedback is well appreciated. Don't be shy!

http://tabletopworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/03/an-exclusive-our-new-unique-war-game.html

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

potter

superstar

#2 [url]

Mar 13 13 3:13 PM

Looking good-Do keep us posted!

Good looking build and suitable for loads of periods. One thing I would suggest if you don't mind me saying is how about modern buildings? There's lots of MDF and resin out there for Dark Ages to the 17th-18th Centuries, Sci-Fi and near future for example but few 21st Century suitable in plastic.

No major manufacturer save for GW's own kits that I can recollect are available in plastic except Perry Miniatures (more of that later).

Contemporary buildings, diner, shops, offices, bus stops and street furniture for example simply aren't out there in plastic. Resin and MDF yes and most are excellent, but no plastics. There are railway kits, Hornby etc, but none, or at least very few are truly suitable for 28mm. 

Perry seem to be the exception, and their plastic kits are very versatile most are suitable for up to the present day, the church kit for example. As far as I know however, there are no modern high street (UK and Europe) types for your heroes to fight off riots, bank robbers, zombies, terrorists, or aliens for example. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

I really like whats out there in MDF and own some resin kits though the quality varies from fantastic to never to be painted. The MDF kits for the most part feature great details, they're versatile and the price is right for what I've seen, but if I could get modern, basic plastics at the right price, then I'd be sorely tempted. 

It's amazing what 3D printing can do and it's still in it's infancy

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#3 [url]

Mar 13 13 3:39 PM

Back again, just checked out the blog and looking good. The idea of buying bits as you need them is great and will help cut down costs for you guys. Produce as is needed/requested.

A similar principle was tried by another company a few years ago with resin buildings (their name escapes me atm) but I did buy at least one 'full kit' from them. A coach house iirrc. It was ok, but a pain to put together as there were no tabs, slots etc. I had to support the interior, roof etc with angled strips of plasticard which meant the interior was useless as a 'gamezone'.

Would be good to see what else in on the work bench, and I really like the idea of the interior being detailed, saves a lot of hassle for the modeler/gamer.

Items such as chairs, tables, cabinets etc would be useful. Again they're out there in resin and mighty fine, but if it comes down to price, I've got to go with what looks best for the price asked and postage costs. If plastic proved to be as detailed and useful then it's plastic I'd buy.

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 14 13 5:18 AM

You're quite entitled to your own opinion zedeyejoe. :) The price is looking to be around £15-20 at the minute. But our mailing list link is http://enigmadesign.us6.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=e2ac0584ab&id=93d724a1bdIf you join that we'll keep you up to date on price/release date. etc.

We're looking to build parts such as the front of a shop to use instead of a house next. These parts can all be interchanged therefore one day you can have a house, one day a blacksmith and one day a shop. All for a little bit more money.
We're also already looking into the next design timescale and modern day designs are an idea we're considering.
I'm sitting next to the model now and I can assure you, the plastic is sturdy and will not cause problems and there's a lad in our office detailing the inside as we speak ready for a proper release! I can't comment on chairs, cabinets. etc. as we haven't looked into them yet but I'd imagine we'd look into introducing bits like wardrobes into the interior of the walls and floors further down the line if enough people are interested. As you can see we're still in early days right here. Anyway I hope all that's answered your questions! Thanks for the feedback! 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help