Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 24 13 7:20 PM

Tags : :

...Y'all Haven't Been Keeping Up With Current Events...: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=298205

More to the point:
picturepicturepicturepicturepicture
picturepicturepicturepicturepicture

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

potter

superstar

#1 [url]

Mar 25 13 5:52 PM

Man they are incredible-Hard to believe they are 28mm, they actually remind me of the Dragon 12" figures, even when I saw them stood on the Russ.

The colours, and the poses, just look amazing. This sort of example of what can be achieved sells figures. I bet the orders have gone up by a few boxes since Dwartist put these up.

Ok, now where's my brushes so I can snap them? I mean whats the point in going on if this is the (exceptional) standard?  I'm only (very) jealous....(alot)....

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#2 [url]

Mar 25 13 7:22 PM

Potter,

Ive seen your work.. I think your 'safe', I just hope Im not too late to 'save your brushes'. LOL
These are a perfect example of why I rarely put my work on the forum. I enjoy seeing (lets be honest) Great work like this, and they truely are.
But it never fails there will always be some out there, that as you put it, do consider this to be the "standard", exceptional or not, and heaven help the rest of us that dont match up.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 26 13 7:26 AM

everyone,

Many of you have mentioned daughters asking about female figures. Please share these with them.

I agree on the painting, breath taking and beautiful!

luoshangzhi, thank you for sharing!

Jim

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#4 [url]

Mar 26 13 7:29 AM

It was models, perfectly executed, like this that discouraged me from painting my soldiers for years. Every time I tried my attempts fell horribly short of what I thought was the standard. Sites like Cool Mini or Not and White Dwarf Golden Demon supplements always left me wanting. I finally broke down and decided that I wasn't going to be a pro painter forgetting that even the pros say they didn't accomplish their abilities overnight. That said some of the Jr. entries in White Dwarf put my paltry efforts to shame. So I figured that I might as well get some practice and although I'm far from perfecting my art I'm finding that I'm not half bad or at least I'm satisfied with my results and at the end of the day that's really all that matters.

However, seeing the painted miniatures of the average gamer (Myself, Potter, and Jack) inspires me to keep pressing forward in my quest for better painting technique. In part because I see you guys as my peers. I'm not playing against anyone that has Golden Demon technique on the tabletop I'm playing against the average Joe who has a few hours a week to devote to his /her hobby. The kind words of encouragement from my peers (you guys) gives me that extra boost to keep going. Thanks to this I'm only 2 units and a general model away from my first fully painted 1,000 point KOW army. Granted a 1,000pt KOW army isn't massive I have 40 swordsmen, 20 spears, 20 archers, 10 Knights, a Minotaur, and a General a whopping 92 models. Actually I'm only at the 51 model complete mark but as I keep going the faster I'm getting.

Anyway, before I steer too far off the subject. Yes those models are stunning and almost look like dolls they are so detailed. More pics would be nice to.

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#5 [url]

Mar 26 13 3:24 PM

@Jack-You really are to kind (again) mate and I agree with your comments.
You to Bryon, I also know what you mean.

I do sometimes get disheartened when I see some of the stunning work thats out there, and do sometimes fall in to a fugue, especially if it's a model I've painted and enjoyed and am pleased with, then POW straight out of left field comes an 11 year olds masterpiece to piss on my chips. 

I then tend to try and be a pessimist and think 'Well, what the heck, I enjoy painting. It's my hobby and I love it.'

As Jack said, some will criticize others work if it's not up to this remarkable, beautiful standard and quality-Hey they're the ones that spoil it for others-by doing so they'll stop people who are starting out from enjoying the hobby and may end up being the next Golden Demon, Cool Mini etc winners of the future. This critscism does not depreciate my enjoyment of seeing such well painted figs they are a real aspiration point and truly inspirational, and even if I never do reach this high quality, I'll still get one heck of a kick out of the journey. If quality could be measured by the enjoyment taken from simply painting as figs as well as the individual can at that time, then that individual is a winner.

Whilst I accept I'll never be up to the standard of some of the work out there, I enjoy painting pure and simple. Like Bryon said, it's the kind words, not to mention creative criticism of you guys that helps fuel my hobby, not a sense of beating up on the other guys painting!

Bryon that sounds like a really cool army-what figs you using

In summary, yes sometimes I do get put off, but then I see something or have an idea and it's back in the saddle I go.

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#6 [url]

Mar 27 13 5:49 AM

Potter,

For the infantry I'm using WF Greeks.  For the Archers I'm using WF Numidians, For the Knights I'm using Fireforge Tuetonic knights with Hoplite helmets and numidian shields, The Minotaur is the reaper bones guy, and the General is a greek looking guy also from reaper.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 2 13 8:56 AM

Hi guys - first of all let me thankyou for your very kind words and secondly tell you that I have a cabinet full of painting failures which I wouldn't dream of revealing to the public eye. Nobody's perfect!
I would be very upset if I thought anybody was intimidated by the PJs I manage to achieve but often feel that way myself when perusing others work (eg Angel Giraldez). I must confess too that as I paint for photography and very rarely show my work anywhere other than on the web it's relatively easy to enhance a decent PJ with decent photography (and I'm certainly no expert) and software.
I spend much of my time painting for a couple of manufacturers and the Eisenkern is one of the very few projects I have at the moment that is purely for my own pleasure and I've had a great time creating the slight conversions you see posted here. The quality of design and casting of the figures and, of course, the user friendly nature of the material in which they're cast makes them a joy to work with. I'm extremely pleased that you like what you see so far.
 I've weathered the 'Jeep' and despite having eight more figures to paint for one of the manufactures I mentioned in time for Salute I hope to have the driver and officer in situ and the standing figure behind them painted this week. I'll post some updates soon.
Thanks once more for your interest, regards, David

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 2 13 11:40 PM

Egad! The Dwartist Himself is among us!!! All of you!!! Quickly!!! On your faces before the living Painting God!!!!

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!!!

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 3 13 6:19 AM

dwspainting,

Welcome to our forums!

Everyone here is very impressed with your figure painting skills, well done!

Here at WF we are very pleased to hear you like working with our figures. 

Many of our forum members are also fantastic painters as well. In addition, the creative talent to see new designs and possibilities with WF figures by our forum members has also been fantastic. As an example: http://www.wargamesfactory.com/announcements/mashup-contest-winners 

You are in very good company on these forums. Welcome!

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 16 13 1:24 PM

Vehicle weathered, driver and officer seated!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

potter

superstar

#13 [url]

Apr 16 13 3:28 PM

You're a bit very good at this painting lark...

Seriously though, they really are phenomenal. Just amazing....

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Apr 30 13 9:33 PM

Ya know, these damn Ratzis in space are starting to grow on me... maybe as Finns... Mwahahahaaa!!!

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#16 [url]

May 1 13 12:13 AM

I then tend to try and be a pessimist and think 'Well, what the heck, I enjoy painting. It's my hobby and I love it.'
...some will criticize others work if it's not up to this remarkable, ..standard  Hey they're the ones that spoil it for others-by doing so they'll stop people who are starting out from enjoying the hobby...
Bryon that sounds like a really cool army-what figs you using
In summary, yes sometimes I do get put off, but then I see something or have an idea and it's back in the saddle I go.

-potter

Reading back over this I had to make a comment or two.
First Potter, I dont call your attitude of,  "I enjoy painting. Its my hobby and I love it." pessimistic, if anything.. MOTIVATIONAL!  In fact I strongly advise all new comers, let those words be the foundation of your building and gaming. Its Your hobby, your opinions are the only ones that matter. Good People here will always offer Constructive critisizim and a lot of "Keep up the Good Work" comments. 
My personal motto when down and that got me thru many though times.. "Never Quit!"

Bryon31, like Potter I to am very curious to know more about and see some of this amazing army (thats a blatant shameless hint for PICTURES!). lol 

Dwspainting, you do some really amazing work. Thanks for sharing..

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

May 1 13 4:50 AM

dwspainting,

Fantastic! 

OK I have to ask, since no one else has so far, the 'haircut!!!!! Please share how you did that. From your picture it 'really' looks like hair to me!

Jim

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#18 [url]

May 1 13 5:38 AM

Jim,  I also am amazed by the haircut.  But even more so for the fine detail in the camo on the hat and pouch.  WOW... AMAZING.

Jack -  I'll be getting some pictures up of my greeks pretty soon..  wink

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#19 [url]

May 1 13 9:21 AM

Incredible-Thanks for sharing once again!

@Jack-Oh Jack You are just too kind..shucks! Going red now 

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

May 9 13 3:09 AM

The standing trooper is finished and on a temporary base for some photography. He'll be taking his place in the 'Jeep' later today....
[img width=322 height=500] [img width=338 height=500] [img width=302 height=500] [img width=333 height=500]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help