Remove this ad

potter

superstar

#22 [url]

May 9 13 4:31 PM

Just incredible-Keeps getting better and better...has anyone ever suggested you do this painting lark for money? You're a bit good...

Seriously though they're flawless. Great figs and vehicle as well, shows what can be achieved, though to be fair, I've been painting for 26 years off and on and mine look cack in comparison, mind you I still torture myself by endeavoring with this hobby of ours 

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

May 9 13 4:37 PM

Looks at pictures, then looks at painted model in hand, then back at pictues. Curses. devil
But seriously I agree with potter, you could make some good money painting for commision. Your work is Golden Deamon standard. (that's the highest accolade I could think of)

Death before Dishonor!

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#25 [url]

May 10 13 6:08 AM

love them..  but I think the soldiers look a little clean to be in such a weathered looking vehicle. This isn't a critisizm just an observation. I'm still in awe with the crispness, and the urban camo is out of this world.  Great work. 

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

May 10 13 12:48 PM

Thanks guys  - you're very kind. I have done and still do the occasional commission (I paint regularly for a couple of 15mm and 28mm companies) but I can't (and won't now) work to deadlines which deters lots of potential clients who need their product painted asap for marketing purposes. More importantly I'm now in my 64th year and don't get as much time painting items for my own collection (the backlog is huge!) as I'd like.
Golden Demon? Ah, those were the days http://demonwinner.free.fr/uk/1991/golden_demon_winner.php?categorie=2
I like to think I've improved a little since then!
@byron31 you're right about the contrast between the troopers and the vehicle...I had intended the vehicle to be 'appropriated' but not sure the idea comes across clearly. I'll review the figures once I decide on a setting'.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

May 10 13 2:32 PM

1st place golden demon and you think you've improved...  I belive someones said it already but... WE ARE NOT WORTHY, BOW BEFORE HIM! grin

Death before Dishonor!

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

May 12 13 6:10 AM

Okay, just because I've always been curious, and it seems as if no one else will ask. Do you have any tips on painting camouflage? I've never been able to come up with a way to do it that I like.

Whatever you can do with finesse I can do more thoroughly with volume.

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#30 [url]

May 12 13 12:20 PM

Me neither, mine may follow the actual look of real life equivelents, but it looks messy.

I've seen some great examples however on the web, Dwartist for example, and have also been informed that less is more, camoflage is cool, but you want to be able to actually see the figs on the table 

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

May 12 13 1:21 PM

Okay, just because I've always been curious, and it seems as if no one else will ask. Do you have any tips on painting camouflage? I've never been able to come up with a way to do it that I like.

-theinsane

Do you mean the vehicle or the clothing/equipment?

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

May 12 13 5:05 PM

Actually, both... The figs look like you went for a digital pattern (that may not have been the intent, but it looks great). Camouflage is one of those things that seems to get more difficult the more area you try to cover. So, actually, tips on camouflage for both figs, and vehicles would be a marvelously appreciated.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

May 13 13 2:25 AM

I did a WIP on the clothing a while back and the method has not changed (only the colours quoted and the shape of the camo patches - yes, a form of digital on the Eisenkern) the photos are quite poor but you might fine it useful for experimenting
http://dwartist.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/im-moving-links-to-camo-wip-as-ive-been.html
I also started an urban camo WIP but domestic life got in the way and I never completed it
http://dwartist.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/wip-heresy-sci-fi-trooper-urban-camo.html
http://dwartist.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/wip-heresy-sci-fi-trooper-urban-camo_20.html

you'll find plenty of WIP vehicle camo on the blog if have a wander through but I will rewrite WIP's for both clothing and vehicles when I have a little more time.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

May 13 13 6:42 AM

DWS, a lot of great info in those links. I MAY attempt some camo on my own Dreamforge when I start them, now. Instead of going with the digital, me thinks I might go with a flecktarn, for two reasons. One, you already went with the digital, and I wouldn't want to put pics of my attempts up any where they'd be able to be compared with your work, my stuff just wouldn't come anywhere close. Two, as the Dreamforge minis are German-based, flecktarn seems like a natural alternative... Thinking of it, if I can come up with a scheme I'm satisfied with, I might also use flecktarn on my WWII Germans, also.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

May 21 13 4:49 PM

<sigh> That Industrial Lifter suit makes me pine for my L&UL powered armor suit proposal that passed 100% so long ago, as the suit bulk is essentially perfect for what I was advocating for in hard plastic...<sigh>

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

May 21 13 10:24 PM

Photo realism... in 28mm crying why so perfect, the time spent on that one head... I am no longer satisfied with slapping on some green and calling my marines salamanders. I now hold myself to  a higher standard. (not your standards of course, not quite there yet) grin 

Death before Dishonor!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help