Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jul 2 13 11:39 AM

it's been a while....
Just started the fourth member of the squad (last actually in the Jeep) and will have pics to shw you of progress very soon. Meanwhile the 'lifter' has been put on hold and I've started this...

and I'm thinking about a new role for Ada...

What d'you think?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jul 2 13 10:10 PM

Um, its a dwarf walker...?

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#43 [url]

Jul 3 13 5:36 AM

smileI like it.  I've been super tempted to pick up some of the AT-43 stuff.  I see that repaints look quite nice, then again the painter has a lot to do with that...

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#44 [url]

Jul 3 13 10:51 AM

They look ace and the style of walker suits the aesthetics of the figures (and vice versa).

I've got some of the AT-43 stuff and they are nice models and repaint very well, they do suffer from mold lines, but this is an easy fix if you're repainting.

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#45 [url]

Jul 5 13 3:24 PM

I've got some of the AT-43 stuff and they are nice models and repaint very well, they do suffer from mold lines, but this is an easy fix if you're repainting.

-potter

I must admitt, they did have some pretty cool stuff, though I never invested in the game myself.
And if your going to repaint, mold lines are, more or less 'easy' to deal with, just bring out ye ol needle files. grin
Acutally I thought the walkers were more from 'Dust Tactics', but rethinking that, I now realize, they lacked the traditional 'tank turret' that appears to be common among their walkers.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jul 7 13 4:11 PM

All this does is make me pine for my "Generic Powered Armour Suit" L&UL proposal all the more...

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#48 [url]

Jul 7 13 9:41 PM

All this does is make me pine for my "Generic Powered Armour Suit"..all the more...

-luoshangzhi

Im sorry sir, but this is a "No Pineing Section". However if your Canadian, "Maple Leafing" is permitted.
With the proper permits of course. grin  Red-tape, you understand.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jul 14 13 1:39 PM

Sorry, Girot but not sure if you're asking me or luoshangzhi about the digi camo....
not a great deal of progress on the thread as a whole but I have started work on the 'mech's hatch and a new vehicle...
Here's a slightly different view of the 'mech' (taken from a lower angle and perhaps looks a little less squat)

and I think Antenociti's 'Warthog' might suit the aesthetic...

...and I've started my Leviathan

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Jul 14 13 2:07 PM

Hi DWSPAINTING. I think the thing that REALLY jumps out at me is the face painting on your figures. Its truly superb. Ok so all your painting is..but body armour and vehicles are not somethink that I lose sleep over. Face painting is! Any chance of a tutorial please. I know your a busy chap but I'm sure many, many modellers would appreciate your words of wisdom. Cheers Roy

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jul 15 13 4:36 AM

zoltar,

Welcome to our forums!

I agree, IF pwspainting did a tutorial on any of his work it would be most welcome here.

Please look around as there are numerous other tutorials here on painting, photography and other how to do information throughout the WF forums.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#53 [url]

Jul 15 13 2:15 PM

Hmmm how about a tutorial on those lovely Samurai and Ashigaru?

Watched a programme on Samurai head hunters the other night and really got me wanting to get cracking on my missile troops!

Moving date T Minus 96hrs and counting....

Painting Opportunity T Minus 196hrs and counting.... Defcom Orange

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#54 [url]

Jul 15 13 2:17 PM

@DWSpainting-That Warthog looks fantastic-Really keeps with the Sci-Fi German feel. Screams out loud Panzer Grenadier Armoured Scout vehicle to me....but thats just me isn't it...ahem

Keep us up to date with the Leviathan please!

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#57 [url]

Jul 18 13 2:57 PM

You know Dwspainting..

I think I liked this guy better when he was 'just legs'.. now, just looking at that (beautiful) Copper? beast with his sword.. and the idea hes looking my way asking.. "Next?"  makes me hurt. LOL

Hmmm.. Copper ..Sword  I got it. Its the new Acme COPPER CHOPPER!  
OMG Im brilliant.   Please, please..  no applause.

I Love It when you guys think out of the box.. I would have never thought of this color for a giant 'Mech' anything.
Please keep posting as you keep 'building and painting'.

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#58 [url]

Jul 18 13 5:06 PM

It's a bit of a beast of a kit isn't it?! Phew big fella!

I'm not sure the aesthetics fit with the Eisenkern, but who's to say it's meant to be on their side/piloted?

With the right paint job, it could fit in with anything no problem. Great stuff Cheers!

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jul 21 13 1:29 PM

Armour plating started  - airbrushed with Tamiya Dk.Green, then Field Grey, then Field Grey with a little Sky (as far as I got as the Dk.Green ran out!). Aso started enhancing the detail on the 'dull-grey metallic' areas.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jul 21 13 5:22 PM

Looks great. I like the 'enhanced' mechanical metal areas.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help