Discuss this submission here!
http://www.wargamesfactory.com/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=43009

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 10 09 10:23 AM

Okay,

I think this Norman Spru could really work for pretty much all Dark Age Cavalry, up to and including the First Crusades. Given a few alternate heads and shields, it could even play the role of Frankish, Gepid, and Early Lombard types, as well as Byzantine, etc...

Anyone else see the possibilities here?

n.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 11 09 8:37 AM

How about some extra/bits/parts only sprues? Parts for different armies cav. Say in groups of 6, however many would fit on a sprue of heads, weapons, shields, whatever. IMHO, not having enough for 12 cav from one sprue would be fair. Buy two sprues to convert 12 cav, save money AND help WGF make money on the deal.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 11 09 11:24 AM

That is a good point... There could be a couple of ways to do it really. First, they could put three horses and riders in generic chain on a spru. And perhaps throw a few heads and shields to fit the Norman look if they fit on there. Then they could produce extra sprus with different head/weapon/shield options.

Either that, or they could do a sprew of six generic horses with tacking, and then separate sprus of riders, weapons, shields, and other kit (perhaps extra horse tacking) to facilitate pretty much any rider with an unbarded horse to ever have existed in the world! Sorta like the way GW does their mounted figs, with horses on one spru and riders on the other. That way, the same horses could be used for many different mounted packs. So, on four sprus they could provide twelve horses and twelve riders with lots of options!

n.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 27 09 12:25 PM

"Three mounted figures and three horses per sprue"

In any case, the original prospect of this entry sounds overtly optimistic, now that we have seen how much sprue space three horses tend to consume.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Apr 23 10 12:00 AM

Just for a notice: there is now another company (Conquest Games) working on plastic 28mm Norman cavalry. They will be showing their work in Salute this weekend and are planning a release sometime later this year.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 23 10 11:14 AM

Um....photos taken at the upcoming Salute perhaps?? 

I want more than just the knights. I want the also fought troops, the backup troops, the poor man's cavalry.  I want the sergeants at arms. The more choices the better.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 9 10 3:51 PM

I'm hoping the wonky arm is just the angle of the photo?

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help