Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 12 13 7:31 PM

Tags : :

What is next on the WF agenda and release schedule? How frequently will WF release new products? Also, who is designing the new sets like the WWII sets? They look a lot more like 'conventional' (read 'not Wargames industry') model kits. For better and for worse.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 13 13 7:53 AM

I to am curious about what is going ahead this year. I have some armies of the Dark Age and Antiquity that need expanding and would also love to add some variety to my Orcs. Great things have been heralded for this year and I would love to know if I should wait on WF or plan on other manufacturers for my needs.

Colin

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 13 13 8:47 AM

Hello Bramante & Colin,
Thank you both for your interest and support!
Our new kits are designed and sculpted by Kevin E. Johnson, aided in great part by the excellent research and design/layout assistance of Lonnie Mullins.
Kevin has been sculpting for the toy, figure and collectible industries for more than 20 years, and we are extremely fortunate to have him on board! Before sculpting, Kevin worked as an illustrator and has more than 500 published book covers to his credit.
Regarding upcoming kits, Wargames Factory's current policy is to not announce too far into the future. We can tell you that the Apocalypse Survivors: The Men will be released on our web store any day, followed by WWII 28mm Russians. Apocalypse Survivors: The Women will also be released in the next few months.
Other than that, we can give the broad announcement that more WWII is in the pipeline, as are some beautiful new Historicals. Also, we will continue to expand with new Sci Fi releases from Mark Mondragon. We are the proud, sole manufacturer and distributor of the outstanding Dreamforge line.
On a side note, I would like to mention that we are still a small company, and the design, sculpting and tooling for our multi-part kits take quite a bit of time. We are going as fast as we currently can, while maintaining the exceptional quality we are now achieving.
Thanks again,
Daisy Nanton
Sales Director

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 13 13 10:57 AM

Thanks Daisy for the heads up of things to come.  Wargames Factory, to me is the best.  Wargames Workshop drove me from plastic miniatures along time ago, but you brought me back.  I am in the process of priming so I can paint my massive order I got from you of the Eisenkarn.  You guys are #1 for me.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#6 [url]

Apr 13 13 11:54 AM

Daisy,
Thanks for the 'heads up', I can understand and actuallly appreciate NOT being told too far in advance of whats coming up.  Other wise you get into the cliche' "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we.. "  you get the idea.
But I can see why ' a ' company would tell you every idea as soon as they have it.. 'keep you hanging around', fear you might go looking elsewhere.

And I know we have heard, as Daisy has adressed this, 'some' sets will be going up a bit in the future... honestly, no one should be surprised. Well Im surprisd considering the economy, and fuel costs, this did not happen sooner.

Personally I have to agree with Comrade 87, WF turns out a great product, 'more' than fair price, and while Ive always said, 'credit where credit is due'..   GW does 'some' really great stuff, but they dont mind charging REALLY Outrageous Prices as well.

So.. I too will be 'staying' right here when Im ready for more mini's.
(Right now..working on some dark ages so the Zulu / British are on hold).

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#7 [url]

Apr 13 13 12:03 PM

What is the difference between WWII and a Historical?

-macasm

Macasm,
If your born after 1980..  its Ancient History (WW II) and VERY Ancient History to them. LOL

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 13 13 2:06 PM

Daisy,
Thanks for getting back to me.  Kevin does a great job.   Which of the sets was the first that he put together for WF?

Your response was exactly what I asked for.  

The pace is fine!  I think the figures are looking great.  I can't find the time to put them together and paint them before a great new set comes out anyway.

Jim - glad to participate.  Thanks to you both for the quick responses!  On a weekend nonetheless!

Regards.  

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 13 13 11:07 PM

I would also like to thank you for such a quick response. Historicals is what I want, and plastic historicals is what I need. WF and other fine companies offer a good amount of those figures, but those other fine companies are doing faster. I guess it is a little annoying on guessing what direction WF will be going in their next release. I like your figs and love the price but I'm not waiting when there are other plastics to be had elsewhere. I will, of course, remain very curious on finding out what beautiful historicals means when you announce them, and hope they fit my hobby needs.

One question, is there any plan to expand your fantasy range? Your orcs are top notch but need a little expanding in both allies and enemies.

Colin

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#11 [url]

Apr 13 13 11:47 PM

Im also curious what other historicals will be coming down the line, this could be very interesting.

As for the fantasy range, that has been a topic of conversation off and on for sometime. I know dwarves and elves were on the top of the 'most wanted' list. If (and im sure) they are  going to continue with the fantasy range, certainly more races will have to be added, just a matter of time and deciding which one.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Apr 14 13 5:46 PM

What is the difference between WWII and a Historical?[image]

-macasm

If it happened in the last century, that's "current history". If it happened in the 1800s...OR early, back to the fall of Rome.....THATS "Historical"  IMHO and ball park eras.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#13 [url]

Apr 15 13 5:41 AM

I think Daisy used the generic term "historical" to keep from giving too much information about the kit.  If she said more WW2 sets and some beautiful Dark Age miniatures are in the pipeline.  We'd all go crazy speculating what Dark Age miniatures were coming.  We've already been advised about the WW2 sets so there is nothing to be hidden there.  Like Daisy said it is no WF policy to tell us what kits are coming beyond a couple of months.  That way we aren't dissapointed when the kit doesn't arrive at the estimated target date. 

Personally I like getting info about a new kit just a month or two before release.  That way I can buy it soon.  I hate the months that can turn into years of anticipation for a new kit.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 15 13 6:08 AM

bryon31,

BINGO!!!! Thank you for the assist! You have the correct answer. Daisy was VERY specific on what is 'close'.

Please remember weather, shipping costs and international customs both in and out. All three effect 'when' new products are available and ALL of them are outside WF control hence the policy Daisy has put into place.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 16 13 3:48 AM

macasm,

No worries! Daisy, has a great sense of humor also! Her WF gamer name is "Wendy to the Lost Boys". 

Here in the colonies, if you try to register WW-II in most historical gaming conventions you will be directed to the 'modern' section. Please don't get me started on the difference between 'ancient' and 'historical' gaming.grin 

A long time ago I decided I play to have fun and 'learn a little history' if possible. To me, these forums are for people who love creating, painting and playing miniatures. I include movies, book, short stories, and other game related assistance in that description.

The important thing is to have fun, learning a little history along the way is a closely guarded secret in my family. Hence my 'historical bowmen' fighting zombies game!

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Apr 16 13 11:17 AM

HelloBramante & Colin,Thank youboth for your interest and support!Our new kitsare designed and sculpted by Kevin E. Johnson, aided in great part by theexcellent research and design/layout assistance of Lonnie Mullins.Kevin hasbeen sculpting for the toy, figure and collectible industries for more than 20years, and we are extremely fortunate to have him on board! Before sculpting,Kevin worked as an illustrator and has more than 500 published book covers tohis credit. Regardingupcoming kits, Wargames Factory's current policy is to not announce too farinto the future. We can tell you that the Apocalypse Survivors: The Men will bereleased on our web store any day, followed by WWII 28mm Russians. ApocalypseSurvivors: The Women will also be released in the next few months. Other thanthat, we can give the broad announcement that more WWII is in the pipeline, asare some beautiful new Historicals. Also, we will continue to expand with newSci Fi releases from Mark Mondragon. We are the proud, sole manufacturer anddistributor of the outstanding Dreamforge line.On a sidenote, I would like to mention that we are still a small company, and thedesign, sculpting and tooling for our multi-part kits take quite a bit of time.We are going as fast as we currently can, while maintaining the exceptionalquality we are now achieving.Thanksagain,Daisy NantonSalesDirector

-daisynation

"New historicals?" I like the sound of that...

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jul 27 13 9:25 AM

I know full well that you guys don't like announcing plans until they are near production but I would like to cast that fishing line anyways and see if I can get a bite anyways on what may be the near if not indeterminate future with re-releases of the original favorites.

Are there are other plans to remake the original kits that WGF entered the market with? Its no secret I love the Sci-Fi product range however I look at the Ancient lines and I think they are as green with envy as the long coated Shocktroops when I see what the newest kits are coming out with sheer number of accessories and the attention to detail on the components of the kits. You folks redid the Skeletons and they look incredible and I hope some of the new modelling processes can be applied the rest of the originals as well. Again I have a favorite I would love to see done and if there are other of like mind, please speak out as I am certain WGF needs to see more love for re releases than just mine! What follows is my list;

The Romans would be my dream come true if re released in the Lorica Segmentum (segmented Armor - apologies to the die hards if I got it wrong) but for visual sake, the armor seen in "Gladiator". That pattern of armor has always been my favorite and is very striking as appearance goes and think a table top of them would look very sharp as long as its not my wife's table top!

For the Greek side, a dedicated Spartan line in armor ("300" movie they were near naked so please don't use that as a reference) would look just as impressive as the Romans in their Lorica pattern armor. Some awesome history and like the Romans, wouldn't have been bothered getting into until I seen the products available here

As for the Shocktroops, are we going to see more of them, not just re done but expanded? With Dream Forge in the picture I can see that Company filling that niche, regardless whether DF or WGF does it, whats your thought on this part of the big picture?

So I end my rant and leave with this sentiment, keep going where you as a Company are going, I'll keep going to work so I can continue to buy more!

Cheers,

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jul 28 13 2:50 AM

mudgunner,

Please, the forums are here for discussion, thoughts, ideas, and the artistic display of miniatures. You are not ranting, and bring up many interesting ideas, IMHO.

What is coming next and NOT for sale yet are 15 MM Americans and Survivor Women. Both were on display at Historicon, but not quite ready. As promised, Phase II of the DreamForge project is now very near completion, and this will be a multi-box release. 

WF is hard at work on a major 2014 project, and the War & Conquest army lists are picking up speed as Rob Broom adds additional lists. I have draft army lists (Not yet in the WF format) for Athenians and Spartans for example.

I agree with you on the Skeletons, and yes WF may release additional updates on other sections of our product line.

More is coming soon!

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jul 28 13 6:04 AM

Keep doing what you're doing, Jim; and I'll keep buying. The question I have, though, is whether you are still taking customer suggestions or using the LAUL? There is at least one thing I submitted that I think would do well, but apparently no one has been looking at the LAUL forum for a while... or, perhaps my idea just didn't draw any interest like I thought it would. Either way, I suppose it doesn't really matter, I still love the look of everything you've put out, and I'm not going to stop your miniatures anyway.

Whatever you can do with finesse I can do more thoroughly with volume.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help