Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jul 29 13 5:18 AM

theinsane,

The LAUL is not in use at this time. LAUL needs a major overhaul to function properly, and WF is reviewing this for a better approach and methodology. Please Note - LAUL has not been removed from our forums site.

2013 to date has already surpassed 2012 for new releases, and more are coming. At this time our top priority is completing already promised projects so the LAUL, at this time, is not a priority.

The LAUL is NOT over, customer interest and feedback is a top priority, but the old LAUL system was not working hence the WF decision to suspend the program.

Our customers want us to complete opposing armies for our current figures, and also make complete armies. Two quick examples are Samurai & WSS; both are now complete. AND for our 15 MM customers, American 15 MM are in sculpt stage as WF showed everyone at Historicon.

Please also remember the DreamForge project is also in progress.

Thank you all for your business and support, more is coming soon!

Jim

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jul 29 13 8:57 AM

Well, like I said earlier, Jim... It just about doesn't matter to me what you decide to release. You keep coming out with the same quality that you do now at the price point you've been holding (Yes, I know, you raised prices a little bit over the last year... still a fabulous price point for the product, though), and I'll continue giving you my money.

Whatever you can do with finesse I can do more thoroughly with volume.

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Jul 30 13 4:18 PM

Um speaking for us old fart/longtime customers......IMHO, some "touched up" add ons to the original boxes would be VERY  welcome.... new ROMANS TOO.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#24 [url]

Jul 30 13 7:34 PM

While I personally think that "Caesars Legions" is one of the best sets offered, not only do you have the Celts and Germans, but like the Greeks the early Roman's bring their own enemy with them, that is in the form of their civil wars.
However I have no doubt that the later Roman army with the Lorica Segmentata would be a great seller for WF.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#25 [url]

Jul 31 13 6:45 AM

I'd be like to see some unarmored hoplites, although I admit that numidian / greek kitbashes produce some decent options.  I'd like to see more greek helmets added if there is an update to the current crop.  Love what comes with it but would love some helmets like this guy has.

I also really did the shield and the long cloak?  Drape?  as well.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Aug 1 13 4:32 AM

everyone,

Are any of you playing/using your WF miniatures for gladiator type games, and if so what rule system do you use/like?

I will soon have Athens & Sparta army lists available for War & Conquest btw.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Aug 1 13 5:49 PM

HELLO  Now....War and Conquest "may" get a look see by my fellow old farts and I. Hey, a good reason for more Greeks.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#28 [url]

Aug 4 13 8:17 AM

Personally Im glad that WF has (no) plans for making CRUSADE period KNIGHTS, yes those kind that happen to have the Full Plate Armor. And come with things like..

Barding on the Warhorse's. Clean, basic barding so you can paint or add the decals of your choice, for those of us that are "heraldry challenged" )  Not that God awful 'stamped-on" shield on each and every single one that you cant do anything about, that some put on.

Opitional Weapons not just the Lance, but also a Sword, Mace, Short Battle Axe and perhaps the Morning Star (if I recall my history correct aka, spiked ball & chain).

Optional Heads would be great, mostly the traditional "Great Helm" (bucket head I used to call it as a kid). One for each knight, but perhaps a couple of variations, including the open face style or even one with the face plate in the raised position.
Yep.. its a good thing they havent done any of these grin.. 
some of us that have that "Knights of the Round Table" addiction and have already done about 48 of these guys, not counting the 3 or 5 more I think I could put together from the bits Ive collected.
When you consider the price that WF sells their other cavalry sets at..  some of us might be living in the car by the time we stopped ordering.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#29 [url]

Aug 4 13 8:30 AM

Though I havent ordered them (up to my arms in Zulu's, Colonial Brits and my Dark Age boys) I'd love to see what WF 'will' come up with to compliment their Fantasy Orcs. Seems only logical the next on this line would have to be the 'enemy', but who? Humans, Elves or the hard headed Dwarves?

Quote    Reply   

mrinku

superstar

#30 [url]

Aug 4 13 9:01 PM

Hate to be a stickler, Jack, but crusader period wasn't full plate. Last real crusade was 1360 (sacking of Alexandria) and they were swanning around in coats of plates and such for the most part. Classic crusades were mail hauberks and pot helms (not great helms).

Hard to tell if that post was sarcastic, though :)

Mark Dewis

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bryon31

superstar

#31 [url]

Aug 5 13 5:36 AM

Though I havent ordered them (up to my arms in Zulu's, Colonial Brits and my Dark Age boys) I'd love to see what WF 'will' come up with to compliment their Fantasy Orcs. Seems only logical the next on this line would have to be the 'enemy', but who? Humans, Elves or the hard headed Dwarves?

-jack

I vote Hard headed Dwarves... but I'm guessing the folks at WF already expected as much from me.

Quote    Reply   

macasm

superstar

#33 [url]

Aug 5 13 5:52 PM

Before you all go and say this is a bad idea. . .think about it. Hey WGF, how about some 28mm Livestock?
Not the few animal casualties some box up, real honest to goodness, livestock. Cows and sheep and horses and chickens and pigs. good for all periods. Good for pillage, and stuff like that.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#34 [url]

Aug 5 13 7:36 PM

Mrinku,

No problem.. my post was a fun 'poke-in-the-ribs' wish list you might say, as a message to WF.
As for the helmet, Ive heard so many names for them, they seem to be interchangeable at times. Includeing but not limited too, "bucket" helm.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Aug 6 13 5:01 AM

macasm,

The horses, unbridled, are already available on our store site, and at a VERY good price!

To me, if you are doing a raid scenario, horses make the most sense to 'appropriate' from your enemy. My preference is also for a 'fast escape', and with other livestock this becomes more problematic.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#36 [url]

Aug 6 13 5:41 AM

Before you all go and say this is a bad idea. . .think about it. Hey WGF, how about some 28mm Livestock?
Not the few animal casualties some box up, real honest to goodness, livestock. Cows and sheep and horses and chickens and pigs. good for all periods. Good for pillage, and stuff like that.
 -macasm

I would buy this.  I think it would be fun to have a wargame with a herd of cattle grazing in the center of the battlefield.  Depending on the combatants interaction with the herd they may get a result of a rampaging stampeed that will gore and trample all units in their way. 

I have to admit that a stampeed of wild horses is just as likely to inflict mass damages and can even be used as a viable campain objective for opposing armies. The set up could be that scouts from both sides return with news of a heard of wild stalions.  Both sides looking for mounts or meat attempt to capture the herd to gain an upperhand in the war.  Rewards for winning could range but something like giving the winner the ability to field light cavalry units at 75% of normal points cost for the remainder of the conflict would make the battle important.  If neither side is a clear victor then no advantage is gained.

I see a lot of different opportunities with something like this.

Quote    Reply   

macasm

superstar

#37 [url]

Aug 6 13 12:14 PM

Thanks Byron!
Cattle Jim, Cattle was what made and broke. . . dare I say it? Highlanders! And to an extent lowland Reivers as well, Cattle, was the first choice. Horses were prized but rare when reiving.
Reivers would tie the tails of the cattle to the horns of the next in line and so on. The could be lead quite easily that way, horses were harder.
Maybe some Elephants?

Quote    Reply   

mrinku

superstar

#38 [url]

Aug 6 13 7:59 PM

Livestock and other animals can be found at very reasonable prices in discount store toy departments. Scale will vary, but look around and you can find all sorts of cheap soft plastic ones that can work. When a pack only sets you back a couple of dollars, it doesn't matter if there is only two or three models in it that are suitable. Once based and painted, it's hard to pick them from quality versions.

Same applies for jungle beasts and dinosaurs...

Mark Dewis

Quote    Reply   

macasm

superstar

#39 [url]

Aug 7 13 3:43 PM

But a box set of Livestock can be used for any game, any period. And would be in scale. And would be something no other manufacturer does in 28mm.
Of course, no one is looking for any new ideas from the us, the peanut gallery er League and Union.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#40 [url]

Aug 17 13 2:44 PM

I should have brought my reply to this blog when I responded to Jim's comments about WF's future plans..  so to avoid derailing the Apoc conversation here we go.

MANY, more kits are coming soon, so start thinking about what you want for your holiday gifts.  I know, I know, what is coming Jim? ..and next year an awesome new historical line!-jim_goss

Lots of money.. LOL  Ok ok, a lot more "than what Im getting now".. hows that? but must have more "me time"... thats a must Santa.
Ok 'Santa' Jim..  SPILL IT!
That "New Historical Line", Im trusting that your talking an expansion on WF's 'great 28's.' Right Jim??

I'm guessing wild west. -mrinku

Really?  Hmm, now that would be one of the 'last' guesses I would have made if anyone were to ask me, what did think they'd do next. Persoally, I'd love to see some expansion on the Wars of the Empire line. Lancers and Artillery would be great for the British forces. Also additional opposition forces, for example, Boers, Sudanese, and of course the rebellion of India would be great. I'd say something that would cover.. oh 1875 to about '90, somewhere around there.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help