More stuff at the blog

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

potter

superstar

#1 [url]

Apr 18 13 3:13 PM

Great fun-And is it just me, or does the fig with the stick grenade look really cool? It jsut seems to look 'right' somehow...

Would love to hear how you're going to paint these. The shield and warpick/hammer guy looks pretty awesome to. Reminds me of a WWI Stormtrooper or Trench Raider for some reason.

Thanks for sharing!

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 19 13 5:56 AM

Thanks, Potter. 
Haven't the foggiest. I'm feeling a khaki uniform for the shield/warhammer guy, who is incidentally totally inspired by WW1 trench raiders. As for the bandits....khaki top for the stick grenade guy, different color pants-don't want him seeming like he is as uniformed, cos of the whole bandit thing. Dunno at all re: the other fella. 

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#3 [url]

Apr 19 13 1:24 PM

Cool choices-How about Khaki/Tan for the jacket and dark grey for panys? Not 'quite uniform' but would look scavenged or rag tag militia-Oh and I'm not trying to impose with my suggestions, I'd just started something similar.

Persian Body with German Arms holding a Panzerknaacker-I'd wanted to go with locals collaborating with DAK for Pulp adventures, so my uniforms will be a little mixed also 

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#5 [url]

Apr 19 13 4:31 PM

Some is-The Pulpy stuff isn't sadly as it was started prior to us moving and is still in storage (about 240 miles away curses!!!)

Hopefuly in the next few months I'll be able to get my hands on my figs and paints again-Not been able to paint since Nov last year and boy do I miss it!

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 20 13 8:14 AM

everyone,

I see great minds think alike. Is anyone using toenail clippers for bit trimming and removal from sprues? I have found with the WF circular bases, 'most' of the time after the cut I don't need to file the base smooth. It does now work well on all sprues, but I have also found it a useful tool.

Are doowop and I the only ones using these clippers? 

jim

Quote    Reply   

macasm

superstar

#7 [url]

Apr 20 13 10:08 AM

Yes,  you are! I have a set of sprue cutters from Xuron that work great. Only use them on plastic and they have lasted for years. If you live near a Menards big box store you can get a set of off brand side cutters that work almost as well, sometimes they put them in the electrical department as wire strippers or wire cutters. I have a set that looks like my Xuron set except the handles are red not orange.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#8 [url]

Apr 20 13 12:03 PM

Jim, jim, jim
Silly wabbit.. everyone knows toe nail clippers are for..  LEAD. devil
Waaay back when. Just for the heck of it I started picking up a 'blister pack' of 15mm Nap's. I found the T C's worked great at 'snapping' the then, all lead strip of miniatures apart. Again this was long before lead became an issue with child safety and they started changing the metals.

Now that Im using 28's like Macasm I have 'plastic sprue cutters'. However the people who make bandaids did send me a card sometime back. It seems that my purchase's had fallen off and they were concerned that I had cut more than a finger with my razor sharp X knife that I had been using for years.
And I just missed out on the 'One Millionth sliced finger award'.  crying

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#10 [url]

Apr 22 13 5:56 AM

I used to use toenail clippers for sprue cutting. I only warn you to be careful. The curve of the nail clippers was often responsible for maiming my troop’s arms, legs, heads. I did (do), however, find the file on the clippers to be immensely useful.

I now have a sprue clipper which looks suspiciously like a set of florists clippers. I received mine as a gift; they came in an Army Painter starter kit. I tell you I will never go back. But I admit the curvature of the toenail clippers has some advantages like the clipping of round bases as mentioned before.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Apr 22 13 10:47 AM

The assualt section looks great. Where is the shield from? Is it wargames factory or someone else. I'm thinking about building an empire army for WHFantasy. Maybe an opposing army of WF saxons or orcs or something. Amry building, I'm completely addicted.

Death before Dishonor!

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Apr 23 13 6:29 AM

Sirarratay
If you'll be building a Warhammer Empire army, you'll find that shield and more like it in the State Troops box. PM me, as I am trying to trade some of the spares from that box currently. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help