Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#61 [url]

Jul 6 13 10:50 PM

Sorry for being slow on new pics and such. Ironically, dispite the fact I loved the unarmored archers my friend had built, after I finished painting them, 'this' idea came to mind and it brought all other work to a halt.
FEAR NOT..  the archers are but a couple of pva glue and 'sand' layers then seal'm and I'll have them posted as well.. I think June should gimme just enough time LOL   hey Im old and slow!

But seriously..  I hope you like my 'Hollywood' Historically accurate elite dual weapon unit. I just couldnt resist doing this. I just finished the 'grass' about midnight, an hour before I did these photo's, so if the 'ground' seems to shine you'll undersand.

Hope ya enjoy..                             Now.. back to those archers.

Click here to view the attachment

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#64 [url]

Jul 8 13 1:48 PM

jack,
Great job, and your picture taking has improved mightily! Jim 

-jim_goss

SIR!
I'll have you know I resemble that remark..  thankfully. LOL

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#65 [url]

Jul 9 13 5:06 AM

Great stuff! LOVE the two axes-Double the Pillaging!!! Grrrrrrrrrr

Now where's Kirk Douglas? 

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#66 [url]

Jul 9 13 8:00 AM

Great stuff! LOVE the two axes-Double the Pillaging!!! Grrrrrrrrrr
Now where's Kirk Douglas? 

-potter

Yea..   Ummm It seems that some joker put super glue on his two axes, so hes stilll stuck to the outside of the. draw bridge.

I think Tony Curtiss looks guilty devil

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#67 [url]

Jul 22 13 3:05 PM

Mean while back at the archery range....

These are the 2nd set of photos I took of this group, the close up look at the faces, in the first 'really' pointed out how unsteady the hands have gotten. I just had to try and do some touch ups on them. Well for better or worse.. here's what we got so far.

The Human Archers...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bryon31

superstar

#68 [url]

Jul 23 13 5:37 AM

Looking good. Your war band continues to grow. I wish I was a cleric with a crazy good turn undead ability about now. Undead are one thing, undead Vikings are another thing altogether.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#69 [url]

Oct 29 13 3:42 PM

Ok.. the good news first. I just completed a "company" (10) D A spearmen and have taken a few pics earlier this evening. I hope to get them off my camera and onto my computer for 'cleaning & cropping' so I can get them posted within a very few days.

Now the bad news.. from 'day one' of Lefora's overhaul of the forum, I have been unable (with only one exception) to even get 'onto' the forum, even to just read, let alone attempt to any 'post', without my computer completely freezeing up. Everything I have posted since the new look, has been done via public or college library computer. I fear my 'ancient' computer is simply not able to keep up with this new format.

But.. I will try again, perhaps tonight to get at least one of these posted. If all else fails, Bring out the Flash Drive and head 'back to school'.

Quote    Reply   

#71 [url]

Nov 7 13 5:23 PM

I like them too. I still remember a few years ago, I discovered that Vikings did NOT provide handles on their helmets for enemy opponents to jerk them around!! Say.....didn't ALL viking raiding parties carry BIG axes? I mean what if they wanted to steal firewood??

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#72 [url]

Nov 8 13 2:16 PM

"steal firewood"?? My God Man.. think like a VIKING! Vikings would never steal your firewood.. they'd steal your entire tree. LOL

Afraid theres been a delay on posting the human 'army' pics. Once I got them "set, shot and cleaned up" I realized.. the shields schuck. (pardon my southern Norse there). So I did a quick chop, and used the more traditional viking shields that came with them. I was trying the 'Greek, Numidian, Skeleton', bit larger 'metal' shields and in the end, it just didnt work for me.

So Im repainting them this weekend, and if I can get back here (library) next week, I intend to have them posted then. Well heres to keeping a positive thought.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#73 [url]

Dec 17 13 3:39 PM

As I just posted on the "Changing Forums" and "New Products" threads, ...
I "think" the only way to get any photos on the new and Far Worse LEFORA controled WF forum, must be to first put them into your own profile as a photo "album".
.. but I have tried repeatedly for the past cpl of months, ...to upload photos.. still, no go. So Im done trying with these (lefora) people.
I have completed my second company of 'regulars', another unit of 10 spearmen. I think Im over thinking the shield designs. Will probably redo them to something 'very' basic, i.e., half yellow, half blue, just change it up from yellow in the upper, lower, Lt, then Rt. area etc. for the various companies insignia.

Well since Lefora's being a pain in the cpu for uploading pics, I may go back to working on my 4th Zulu regt. for a brief change. (WF, I love those, guys, they rock!) or if I can steady the nerves, try to tackle my British Regulars again.. the Zulus have to have someone to fight.

IF I dont / cant get back to the forum before the New Year..
I hope Each and Everyone and your loved ones have a great Holiday, a Very Merry Christmas and the New Year is filled with Good Health and Peace for all.
Jack

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

Dec 18 13 5:33 AM

jack,

Happy Holidays!

Jim

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help