Remove this ad

Lead

May 3 13 2:43 PM

Tags : :

Has WGF thought of making a cataphracti set? with the detail on the samurai and dreamforge stuff it got me thinking maybe WGF could do the metal lammellar right.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 3 13 5:37 PM

What would really be nice are some armored Persian cavalry on with at least one barded horse pose in the set, and armored Persian infantry in Greek-style linen corselets to fill out the two existing sets. 

Cataphracts would make a great deal of sense, M'Lord, however, whose cataphracts is the question?

I say if WF is going to forge ahead with a cataphract set, perhaps Parthians or Sarmatians would be in order to give a new opponent for the existing Roman sets... of course the former would require a light cavalry set as well, while the Sarmatians would on principle IMHO require a set of light cavalry headhunting teenage girls for the Black Sea tribes that did not consider a girl eligible for marriage until she'd brought back the head of an enemy (similar to the way girls have traditionally been raised in my wife's family...).

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#2 [url]

May 3 13 7:08 PM

the Sarmatians would on principle IMHO require a set of    headhunting teenage girls..   that did not consider a girl eligible for marriage until she'd brought back the head of an enemy (similar to the way girls have traditionally been raised in my wife's family..

-luoshangzhi

Well, that explains the 'high' pitched voice I suppose.  devil

But on the joking..  uh serious side, 'Lou' I like the idea but Im thinking 'so far' with the Ancient German, German Cav, Celts and Ive been informed with a combination of the two, you could even 'kit bash' Gauls. So IMO the Romans seem to have various enemies.
However, other than the Persians and the Numidians which seem to work pretty good as generic ancients for a variety of nations, the Greeks dont reallly have many opponents. Of course as I have said before, the greatest thing (to me) about the Greeks, they were often their own enemy. Sparta vs. Athens was fairly common it seems.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 4 13 5:52 PM

I have  plans for an army of mercs composed of Greeks and Middle Eastern troops invading Western Europe. Hey...it just might have happened. What if Alexander had headed back home then North West into Ohhhh.......Gaul??devil Who says he did NOT "think about it".

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 4 13 5:56 PM

Okay second try to post on this thread....I mean come ON, I might be a spammer??

I have plans for an army of Greek, Middle Eastern troops. Heck who says it couldn't have happen? What if Alexander had turned into North Western Europe....say into ohhhhh Gaul.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 5 13 4:12 PM

What the Greeks need is to face armoured Persian infantry and cavalry IMHO, and they need a set of Peltasts/Psiloi which would cover a broad period of the Hellenistic world specifically, and the ancient world in general. 

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help