Remove this ad

#281 [url]

May 4 10 3:52 PM

All this half sprue has got me excited!  SO I thought I'd do a concept sprue for the were-wolf / Lycanthrope / Vampire Daemon sprue!  One Big Fella on this one!

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

superstar

#282 [url]

May 4 10 4:24 PM

If you could squeeze on another pair of legs so that we would have a great number of poses, I could support it.

It would pain me, as it would take me some time to complete my global-werewolf-domination army, but it would be nice--oh, so nice--to get some werewolves.

That's like hypnotizing chickens...

Quote    Reply   

#283 [url]

May 4 10 5:12 PM

Seeing that the legs being attached to the hips would very ultra-posable, hopefully being able to hinge from the ball point hips - what other types of legs would you be after?  crouching?

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   

superstar

#284 [url]

May 4 10 7:09 PM

I'd love for there to be crouching and standing/walking.  I'm just trying to squeeze a bit more out of it.

Dammit, Scottie!  We need more plastic!  devil

Quote    Reply   

#285 [url]

May 4 10 7:13 PM

If you pivoted the hips in 'even' stance:  you could have it standing on all fours or on two legs?  Running Stance:  runnin on all fours or on two - just depends on the 'swivel' of the hips? 

Quote    Reply   

superstar

#286 [url]

May 4 10 8:18 PM

It all depends on how the legs fit to the torso.  If the joints aren't even, or if they're at odd angles for the hips, then you've got a truckload of GS work to do.  I'd rather avoid learning that skill set on werewolves.

On stuff I don't care so much about?  It's less of a problem.  But I've got lycanthropic issues.

Quote    Reply   

#287 [url]

May 4 10 8:30 PM

But I've got lycanthropic issues.

-pinky-narfanek

Is there a pill for that?  wink

Quote    Reply   

#289 [url]

Aug 4 10 4:00 AM

I wonder - if WF are going to do an Orc sprue; could this be converted into a generic troll sprue?  But I guess it would have to be a hairy troll?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#290 [url]

Sep 15 10 3:45 AM

It's not a mini-sprue - but it is a half sprue!  ;)

Quote    Reply   

#291 [url]

Oct 15 10 9:34 AM

To bring some life back to this topic (being that we are so near to Hallowe'en), I found that Rusted Heroes line from Fantization Miniatures are about to put this werewolf out:

Now I am sure Tim can do an equally nice sculpt in his sleep (personally the hairy elbows and back w/o hair on the body doesn't do it for me.  Werewolves should be fur covered, and thus a wash will have nice effects).  So What can he do while awake?  Oh probably make a number of nicer looking werewolves able to carry weapons, shields and a standard. 

Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?  The Vikings, Saxons, Ancient Germans, Celts or Amazons faced with an army of werewolves, that's who!

John

Quote    Reply   

#292 [url]

Oct 15 10 9:03 PM

I think a Viking army would be at home with a were-wolf in its ranks!

Quote    Reply   

#293 [url]

Dec 15 10 10:35 PM

I know that I am late to the topic but I would love to get plastic werebeasts.  A great barghesi army (counts as tyranids) could be made with them. 

Also, as mentioned above they would work well in a viking army; but they could also be used in a Roman army as an emperor (the specific emperor escapes me at the moment) had a praetorian unit made up of wolf cultists.

Plus I sometimes play a game of Wargods and they would be exceptional for it.

Quote    Reply   

#295 [url]

Dec 21 10 4:19 PM

How about a wolfman like this one I drew based on "Curse of the Werewolf"?

Lo, there do I see the line of my people. Lo, they do call me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live...forever

Quote    Reply   

#296 [url]

Dec 21 10 4:26 PM

Nice drawing!  However, I am partial to werewolves with muzzles, like a wolf would have.  This sort of reminds me of just an updated Wolfman look (original movie), or Teen Wolf.

John

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#298 [url]

Aug 17 11 10:54 AM

I know what you mean 'Kenshin'..  I recently noted in the thread, "Were-wolves, were-cats, minotaurs, vampires, demons, trolls & cyclops!!" Oh My!   (sorry couldnt resist that)
I realized that it had been "6 months" since there had been any movement or even comment on that thread.
I notice it will often be days or even a week before there is any change on any of the forum topics. Well as the used to say, "Things ain't what they used to be."

And as for being 'behind the times', I too am guilty, as such.....
'Jjdiffley', thats an outstanding pic of the then 'coming soon' Werewolf mini. (Oct 2010) Thats what I call a were-wolf, however IMHO, I think your typical were-wolf would only be slightly taller than an average human. It seems to me 40mm would be something like a 'WolfOgre'.
But in all fairness, I haven't actually compared any 'W-W" minis to my LotR mini's either. So they could be right on the mark w the 40mm.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help