Remove this ad

Lead

May 21 13 7:16 AM

Tags : :

Everyone,

The announcement has been made by Daisy on stage two of the DreamForge project by Wargames Factory.

Here is the link:
http://www.wargamesfactory.com/announcements/dreamforge-games-mortis-preview

There are MORE pictures on the link. I just wanted to give you a quick preview!

I personally have awesome plans for this guy! My dice hand keeps shaking on its own just looking at the pictures.

Jim

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 21 13 11:45 AM

So, they have two versions, and some mods for their "Titans" but so far they only have one faction... They DO have plans on introducing more factions eventually, right? Might they also perhaps plan on releasing equipment accessory sprues for whatever factions they might introduce, also? And yes, I know they have an officers pack, but I was thinking more along the lines of extra weapons, and other various spare bits.

Whatever you can do with finesse I can do more thoroughly with volume.

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#2 [url]

May 21 13 5:21 PM

This really does look like something very special (as does the Crusader) bit expensive for me to justify atm (HUNGRY BABY JUST KEEPS ON GROWING!!!!!), but I think they certainly look worth the money.

As good as, if not better than a lot of the resin kits out there from another well known company, and still a lot easier on the wallet with more potential as well.

Another feather in the cap for WGF and Dreamforge!

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

mrinku

superstar

#4 [url]

Sep 1 13 9:51 PM

Ooh! Interesting hints there, Daisy :)

So... the new range is from a "war" and there will be 6 kits. That says to me *not* a civil war,  infantry, cavalry and artillery for two sides that look different, perhaps. I'm feeling my wild west speculation fading...

Mark Dewis

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 2 13 10:50 AM

"...expanding the Rising Sun line," eh? Could it...be...? Could this be it at last?! Hope springs eternal...

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Sep 2 13 1:14 PM

Now as for a war proper covered by six boxes... Hmmmm... lots of possibilities there, yes, indeed.... Great War 1918 Germans vs. Somebody (preferably French!), or American Civil War, or the Franco-Prussian War, or the Spanish Civil War, or the Sino-Japanese War 1931-45, or the Boxer Rebellion... ah, the possibilities!

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#7 [url]

Sep 2 13 7:22 PM

First I have to agree with Potter, while the new Dreamforge project (as the old) looks great, Im afraid its out of my 'wallet reach' as well.

Now as for the still wondering and guessing on the new kits, 'the Great War' (aka WW I) would be pretty easy to find six combatants for. The Germans, English and of course the French alone would fill half that and this would only cover part of the nations in the early years. Theres still the Italians and the Austro-Hungarian's to name a couple, before even listing the Americans which finally joined in the last year and that brings the total to five different nations.

Or.. if you think of it, if they chose to 'leave off' (for now) WW I cavalry, they could do both infantry and artillary for just the 3 major participants of the early years of the war (Ger. Eng. Fr.) and that would be the mentioned "six kits".

I have to say, like *Mrinku, my wild west thoughts are fading fast. Oh this is going to be an intersting Christmas I think. Now Im wondering if they can or are aiming to get this new set relased for the holidays. It would be great timing.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mrinku

superstar

#8 [url]

Sep 3 13 1:13 AM

Perry Miniatures already showed that ACW can be done with one infantry and one cavalry kit for both sides (despite expanding this later). One kit for artillery, maybe Zoavues... and it's hard to come up with another two kits that aren't minor variants. So I don't think it'll be ACW.

Crimea is another possibility.  

Mark Dewis

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 3 13 4:52 PM

Now as for the still wondering and guessing on the new kits, 'the Great War' (aka WW I) would be pretty easy to find six combatants for. The Germans, English and of course the French alone would fill half that and this would only cover part of the nations in the early years. Theres still the Italians and the Austro-Hungarian's to name a couple, before even listing the Americans which finally joined in the last year and that brings the total to five different nations.Or.. if you think of it, if they chose to 'leave off' (for now) WW I cavalry, they could do both infantry and artillary for just the 3 major participants of the early years of the war (Ger. Eng. Fr.) and that would be the mentioned "six kits".

-jack

My take is it's six boxes, which could mean two or three factions for the Great War such as an infantry set and a command/support set for each. For example:

Great War German Infantry set - that would include extras for converting the basic infantrymen into stosstruppen (ie., extra grenades, grenade bags, MP18 submachine guns, and an MG '08 with bipod or a Lewis Gun with spare magazines.

Great War Germans Command & Support Set - Platoon and company command figures, MG '08 with three gun crew, light Minenwerfer and three crew, plus flamethrower for converting infantry figures in basic set to flamethrower team.

Great War British Infantry Set - including extras like hand grenades and grenade bags for bombers, Lewis gun and magazines, assorted improvised hand-to-hand weapons and a double-barreled hunting shotgun for converting basic infantry to trench raiders.

Great War British Command & Support Set - Platoon and company command figures, Vickers .303 machine gun and crew, Stokes mortar and crew

Great War French - Infantry Set includes extra such as grenades and grenade bags for bombers, Chauchat automatic rifle and spare magazines for No. 2, 2 Vivian-Besseires (VB) rifle grenade launchers mounted on a Lebel rifles, spare rifle grenades, and a small assortment of improvised hand-to-hand weapons and revolvers for converting figures to trench raiders.

Great War French Command & Support set - Platoon and company command figures, Hotchkiss M1914 machine gun and crew, Stokes-Brandt mortar and crew, and a flamethrower space allowing to convert infantry figures to flamethrower operators.

These would cover the major combatants of the Great War on the Western Front in a very thorough fashion in 28mm IMHO.

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#11 [url]

Sep 4 13 7:14 AM

I think WW1 would make for an interesting modeling project, I'm not sure it's loaded with gaming opportunity.  I imagine trench warfare gaming being an exercise in futility.  Just my thoughts.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Sep 4 13 1:10 PM

I think WW1 would make for an interesting modeling project, I'm not sure it's loaded with gaming opportunity.  I imagine trench warfare gaming being an exercise in futility.  Just my thoughts.

-bryon31

Actually, Byron, 1918 witnessed the use in earnest and on a broad scale the German "Stosstruppen" (Stormtrooper) tactics that initially broke the British lines and threatened Paris. These were the battles of the Kaiserschlacht that witnessed the newly arriving American troops going onto the lines and helping the beleaguered British and French armies catch a break and regroup. These are the battles that followed where trench warfare was replaced by a much more fluid campaign as the desperate Germans struggled to hang on, only to be dislodged by hard fighting by the resurgent Allied forces and forced into retreat. 

The final months of 1918 offer up all sorts of opportunities for large scale tactical battles on the Western Front. The paradigm of the Great War was in full-shift in 1918, with tanks (Allies and Germans), tactical airpower (ALlies and Germans), anti-tank rifles and anti-tank guns (Germans), trench mortars (Allies and Germans), flamethrowers (Germans and French), and all of the other elements of 20th century modern warfare we now take for granted. 

Trench raids and trench assault games can be visually quite impressive in 28mm. So are the fluid battles and standup fights that took place outside of the trenches such as the siege of the Lost Battalion, the German breakthroughs during the Kaiserschlacht, and so on.

I've been gaming the Great War of 1916-18 off and on now for nearly 20 years, and believe me, there's grist for the wargaming mill aplenty if you just know where to look for it.

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#13 [url]

Sep 5 13 6:15 AM

I admit ignorance on World War 1. I think of the major points, or at least what I think are the major points. Such as The prolonged stalemate "Trench War" in France, the submarine warfare in the Atlantic, Lawrence of Arabia, Sargent York, the Red Barron and the biplane fighters, poison gas, and the Russian Revolution.

I'm aware that the war started when an Austrian Duke was assassinated in the Balkans, that the boost the Germans got from not having to fight Russians was countered by American troops being added to the allied rosters. I know tanks were introduced in the latter part of the war and that eventually the Germans capitulated and ended with the Treaty of Versailles.

As far as individual battles and even any real research into the war I'm at a loss. Thank you for pointing out that more can be done with WW1.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Sep 5 13 3:59 PM

byron,

for your viewing pleasure and enlightenment:

This is an excellent documentary that I recommend to anyone and everyone that wants a crash course in The Great War and its continuing impact on our world today. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help