Remove this ad

bryon31

superstar

Lead

May 23 13 10:44 AM

Tags : :

I purchased a box of hoplites and I noticed an anomaly. I'm not new to the hoplite set this was my 5th box of them and out of 150 I have 149 armored hoplites and 1 in a a tunic (toga?, not sure what to call Greek garb). Let me be clear this is not a complaint, I actually rather like the armorless torso. Looks a lot like the peltast picture I found on wikipedia (below). The torso left me with questions. First being, I've never seen this guy before (I triple checked all of my previous hoplites & scoured the web for answers). My second question was, how do I get more of them? Are there more poses? What kind of figure is this? Is it some kind of prototype that wasn't supposed to get in my box?

Questions aside I was hoping someone here on the forums would know what I got, and if so maybe point me in the right direction to get 4 or 5 more of them. Sadly I don't have a pic of the torso, but I'm really tempted to snap a picture and put it here to prove I'm not crazy (more for myself than anything)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

May 29 13 2:15 PM

bryon31,Interesting, thank you. It is hard to see from your picture.I am glad you are enjoying your figures.Jim

-jim_goss

Mr. Goss,

ya know, a set of Greek/Hellenistic *peltasts/psiloi* would be a very smart addition to the WF ancients stable...

Click here to view the attachment

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#6 [url]

May 30 13 6:54 AM

Mr. Goss,
ya know, a set of Greek/Hellenistic *peltasts/psiloi* would be a very smart addition to the WF ancients stable...

-luoshangzhi

Although I agree I think the Numidians make for pretty decent proxies in most cases. I would really like some of the flopy hats though.   

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Oct 28 13 5:50 PM

me too

After 5 boxes of hoplites, I just got my first unarmored figure.  He will be a musician at the rear of the phalanx, using an unarmored head and arms from the numidian range.

vb_cliff

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Nov 7 13 5:37 PM

I LIKE the idea too. I would buy 5-8 boxes. That said....The Numidians do "work".

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help