Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Dec 12 11 4:09 PM

It is current Wargames Factory policy to refrain from releasing future product details until we have announced it officially. 

-wobot

In otherwords, Modelhunter, China still can't deliver on time, so they've finally learned to shut up about things until they are stateside.

This is really only a bad thing when it comes to stuff they've previously talked about, and are now being mum about. Unfortunately, there is a lot of stuff that was blabbed about, particularly on the FB page between Jan and Aug of this year.  So the perception is bad.

The good side of it is that expectations will be lowered, so that when things do show up, they'll all be pleasant surprises. Now, if they can get to releasing more than 8 products a year.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#22 [url]

Dec 12 11 11:32 PM

Then I'd have to say, like others in the business, they have learned from previous mistakes.
And at the risk of sounding..."old",  IF that is the case, our grand parents were right.

"Dont count your chickens before they hatch."
Or in the case of sales and distribution..
Don't Promote something that isn't sitting in YOUR warehouse, just a phone call away (as opposed to an ocean).

And as for realeasing "only 8 products per year". IMO, when you stop and consider thats (apprxly) One New Release every 45 days...(1 and 1/2 months) thats not such a long time to wait. IF the end quality is better for the time invested.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Dec 13 11 1:10 AM

"It is current Wargames Factory policy to refrain from releasing future product details until we have announced it officially. "

A good plan, I decry this 'lets know what's happening in advance' mentality which some have got into.

Example, I have just watched the last Harry Potter film (the 2 part) because I did not want to watch one bit and then wait 6 months for the next bit to turn up.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Dec 13 11 8:29 AM

The tone is getting unfriendier, but what dose anyone expect? The clammour for news given that WF arn`t that much in the Hot Topic section on any other forum. Wonder why the same people keep heckling them for news when there is`nt any.
Must be a total nightmare the constant `why don`t you make this or that?` WF on their part don`t  help the situation by posting give us all your suggestions & then promtly ignore them. I guess PerryBros anounce what they are going to make they do welcome suggestions & do reply & then concintrate on what their doing I believe they work at a store as well as their figure range.  ZEBEYEJOE what is it you want from WF?

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Dec 13 11 10:17 AM

"Dont count your chickens before they hatch."
Or in the case of sales and distribution..
Don't Promote something that isn't sitting in YOUR warehouse, just a phone call away (as opposed to an ocean).

-jack

I agree.  Less empty promises this way.  If Wargames Factory were to still go around talking about things that are still months away, I think many of us would simply lose interest in the set.  I know my own proclivities and interests can change that quickly, where something I really want when I purchase just doesn't hold as much of my interest when it actually arrives.  So a quicker rate from announcing a new set to putting it in the hands of stores/buyers makes perfect sense.

IMO, when you stop and consider thats (apprxly) One New Release every 45 days...(1 and 1/2 months) thats not such a long time to wait. IF the end quality is better for the time invested.

-jack

That's not bad at all.  The sets have exquisite detail, and that takes a lot of thought-- and time-- to bring about.  I think we'd all like to see more from Wargames Factory, but that's because what they've offered so far has been so satisfying to the community.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Dec 13 11 3:20 PM

I just wish there was more ... Enthusiasm... From the company around the time the new products are released. All we get now is a new topic saying "new release" seems like a great time for assembled pics, or sprue pics or a link to the cool review on a related product. Maybe some recommendedreading or rules to get people excited... I
When samurai were first announced wf talked about a starter set with 2 armies and some quick starter rules and also had a contest to name the range... Now when they are released, nothing. Just a quick "ok they Are ready" and other companies actually have them for sale before that "announcement" is even made...

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Dec 13 11 10:45 PM

I visit TMP quite a lot & there has been little talk or news concerining WF, can`t think if a comany is proud of its products that they would at least avertise quite a bit more outside F/book & here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its a bug planet, its an ugly planet

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Dec 15 11 1:11 AM

I have nothing to do with TMP because I have an issue with some of the things that the owner of the site is willing to tolerate. I am surprised that others still go there. Some TMPers are anti-WF simply because WF is no longer American, not that that is going to bother us Brits.

But there is plenty of news going on; Tabletop Gaming news, Beasts of War and of course retailers like me selling the product.

For me the next step is to get people playing with the figures at shows and perhaps selling product alongside the game. I have just had a customer on the phone buying something else, totally unaware that I sold WF, told that they work out at about 50p a figure, he was a very happy customer.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#29 [url]

Dec 15 11 2:00 AM

Well as for WF or any other company being "Not American".. thats dumb at best for even making a difference.
I have told MANY people, when it comes to sales in our country, "If only you want to "Buy American", then you can NEVER shop at Wal-Mart".
Originally built by Sam Walton to promote American made goods and his stores were generally placed only in some of the "smaller" towns.
BUT THEN...
Sam passed away and the kids took over. The bottom line became buy it as cheap as you can from anyone, anywhere. Quality along with supporting American business became 2nd over profit.

WF however gives me the impression they ARE working hard to produce some really great mini's at a really great price. Are the perfect? "Hell No"  Do we ALL get exactly what we want?  "NO"

For example.. (shameless self promotion alert)  
A brilliant guy submitted "Jaguar Warriors" in the Fantasy LAUL list, but were my, er.. those troops made? Nope.
But thats not going to stop me from supporting a company that seems to be making an honest effort as aforementioned, give a great product at a fair price.

Ok.. a bit off topic here.. but you get the jist I think. In closeing let me say..

LONG LIVE ASLAN! .. er..  WargamesFactory!..  ok.. must bring mind back to reality now.  monkey

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#30 [url]

Dec 15 11 10:34 PM

Steady Jack,  ha ha getting excited, good to see.
JAMES thanks for the heads up on the other sites that review WF don`t visit BOW anymore too much GW based reviews & that prehaps brings me neatly to the point On this forum those who clammer the most get heard the most, theres little talk of any thing else than fantasy & WSS. ON tmp you can post on a topic of your interest. I have seen little other than post apocalyptic stuff, & very outdated historic on WF, some of the workshop post are interesting.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its a bug planet its an ugly planet

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Dec 16 11 3:41 AM

I dont know why there can be so much hate as far as consumers go more plastic options is better for everyone nonone is forcing anyone to do buy anything. I think itd be sad to lose dedicated plastic producers like we have in the 1/72 scale.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Dec 16 11 9:42 PM

More historic, all the talk is about stuff I `m not interested in. I can`t post pictures so maybe not able to generate interest of others that may well be interested in my era. I`m sure that there are several people with similar thoughts. Of  all the 1100 members its down to a very few to keep things going. maybe a list of seperate topic headings for each L&U section would at least give people an outlet for their interest.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its a bug planet, its an ugly planet

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#34 [url]

Dec 17 11 12:34 AM

moneybox, so what would you like to see?

-zedeyejoe

More historic, all the talk is about stuff I `m not interested in.   ...maybe a list of seperate topic headings for each L&U section

-moneybox

Moneybox, I'd like to ask, exactly "What period or war are your gaming interests?" 

As for history, WF have done 'generic' War of Spanish Succession Inf & Cav. There is still talk /plans for artillery in the future.
They have Ancients, (Rome, Germanic, Celts), the Greeks and Numidians. Then theres the "British Empire" period.
And now they are just beginning to release the Japanese "Warring States" period (Im sure Im getting that periods 'historically correct name' wrong) and we are seeing the first Renders of WW 2 German units.
Granted when it comes to human conflict, there are a LOT of area's of history they have yet to even scratch the surface. However, all in all, considering what the past year has been like, I think the people at WF are doing pretty darn good.

So, what direction would you like to see production heading as far as Historical Mini's are concerned?   Thanks

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Dec 17 11 3:15 PM

HI JACK
There is no one dicussing many of the L&U headings, or for that matter posting pics of anything exept the period you mentioned. My peroids of interest is ACW .WW!. Viet Nam. & some fantisy I have a box of Starship troopers made some time ago by Moongoose models hence the tag.

OK , this forum is about WF & its products but some discussion may lead to boxes of figures being produced to the benifit of the firm. don` you think? Wish I could post pics maybe it would start the ball rolling

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its a bug planet its an ugly planet

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#36 [url]

Dec 18 11 12:36 AM

Moneybox, I can see your point.
Someone did point out not too long ago, this year was the '150th anniversary' of the ACW it would have been a great time for WF to release some kind of ACW set.
I mentioned that "one generic' Inf. set could have been produced and released, the timing would have been great and helped to inspire those like yourself to keep WF in mind when looking for ACW figures and possible future releases. But it just didnt workout. Thats not to say it wont in the future.

Mongoose's Starship Trooper game..  I loved the idea but it seemed to fold before I could even get into the first 'demo' game. I never even saw the fig's first hand, but from what I understand.. they were more "one piece" with only limited pose-ability.

As for posting pics, I made the *mistake of thinking you upload them from Our own computers. IF I understand it correctly, you can load them from websites such as Flicker.
But generally you have to save them first to a image sharing site then insert the "link" location above.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Dec 18 11 1:04 AM

Yep pictures are located somewhere on the net. Either a picture hosting site or a site of your own. So all you need is the URL of the pic and you are sorted.

Thinking about it, about half the gamers in the world seem to do sci-fi/fantasy, the other half are into historicals, with historical split into many different periods.

Dark Age stuff is starting to see an increase in sales due I think to the release of the Saga rules. Get a box of armoured and unarmoured warriors and that gives you all the figures you need for that game.

But there are still people out there who do not know about WF. I sold some Roman transfers the other day to a chap who was putting armies together for he and his son to play, he did not know about the plastic figures (WF) that I sell, despite it being big and bold on the front page.

Same with a chap buying Samurai mon transfers.

I suppose that it will just take time for the word to filter out.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Dec 18 11 4:06 AM

JACK  I bought the big boxset of e-bay of starshiptroopers for just over $68US most of that was shipping to UK apart from bugs you got card dropships & card templates for a fort good purchase & marines full rule/ army list. April this year.
JAMES thanks for the info about pics I will set something up & maybe post a few  pics will get decussions going .
All the best guys

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help