Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 8 13 5:02 AM

Tags : :

Hello,

Welcome to the Wargames Factory (WGF for short) forums. Also the DreamForge line of miniatures (DFG for short)

This 'new look' by lefora is a total surprise for the 'old hands' on these forums.

As you explore this new format please post your thoughts and suggestions here if you are new, or a veterean WF forum member with a helpful suggestion for new members.

IF you are new to these forums there is a tremendous amount of information available here on a wide range of subjects.

Thank you, and again Welcome!

Jim

Last Edited By: jim goss Oct 8 13 5:51 AM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 8 13 8:48 AM

The jump from black to white was a bit jarring but I expect to get used to it soon, on the few posts with their pictures upgraded that I have seen it seem to showcase those pictures better. I was missing the latest posts down the side but noticed that you can now toggle that view with the a button. So far so good.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#2 [url]

Oct 8 13 9:02 PM

Ok.. have to say, 'New Look' caught me off gaurd and IM not crazy about the new set up. "Thanks again Lefora".
It took me an Hr and a half just to get signed in.. at one point I was even told "Not a member of this Forum". Ironically, I had to reset the password to get in.. Well.. we'll see how it shakes out.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Last Edited By: jack Oct 8 13 9:09 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 9 13 5:50 AM

zedeyejoeReset for me as well. But its done now. I miss the handy list of new posts on the right.

Click the 'Active Topics' button in top right corner.  That was the first functional thing I noticed too.  Hopefully some of the other problems of the old forum will go away now though and this forums editors seem to be a little better so I might have a better chance at getting pictures and captions to format right.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 9 13 8:01 AM

True but it is something and perhaps WGF can turn that on for the active topics section, I agree that was a nice thing about the old forums

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Oct 10 13 3:44 AM

everyone,

My suggestion is note when you hit the 'active topic' button the time/day stamp. Just start from newest time work your way down until you read a familiar post. That is how I am doing it for now.

Thank you all for your thoughts and patience as we all go through this lefora transition.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 10 13 3:46 AM

everyone,

Also do NOT hit "Add reply" in the upper right when you respond in this box. Scroll down when you are done typing and hit the "Quick Reply" button at the very bottom of your screen here.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 12 13 3:40 AM

everyone,

Two quick notes:

When you utilize the Active Button, lefora will no longer take you to the 'newest post'. BUT there is a page number(s) button at the top of the page. Click the last number in line to arrive at the latest entry and scroll down to the newest post, and then read upward. OR if there are numerous posts listed scroll up to the newest post for you, and then work your way down.

When you have read everything in the current section noted above, simply go to the 'Back arrow'. This is located in the upper left of my screen next to the wargamesfactory.lefora..... Use the back arrow to return to the Active Button. I found this the easiest and quickest way to return to the active button. You then can move down to the newest post and repeat until you are all caught up.

This information is for the 'computer challenged' among us! (See my picture.) We know who we are, so no laughing from the 'youth' section please!

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Oct 21 13 4:15 PM

A quick test.....Am I back? If I am, I am crazyharborc disguised as crazyharry. Yeah way to go Lefora.

Hey, I got the "edit" to work too THANK YOU tech. guy

Last Edited By: crazyharry Oct 21 13 4:18 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 22 13 3:48 AM

everyone,

So I guess I will now call this the 'new-new' look?

To me, this look is a little more familiar to the 'old hands' on these forums.

Jim

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help