Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 25 13 12:38 PM

Tags : :

Hi Everybody,
As we all know, Lefora has always had its issues and been temperamental to use. However, with their most recent "upgrades", we have received numerous complaints from forum members, and usage seems to have slowed to a crawl.
The reason we have not switched forum hosts already is that Lefora will not allow us to transfer data, so if we move to a new host we will lose all previous threads and information. While members would still be able to view data on the Lefora forums, you would have to sign up and join our new forums and start new conversation threads to be able to communicate.
So, my question to you is this. Are you up for us switching hosts and creating more user friendly forums given the information above? Please let us know your thoughts so we can make an appropriate decision.
Thank you for your help!
Daisy

Last Edited By: daisynation Nov 25 13 12:41 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 25 13 1:42 PM

everyone,

Please respond to this request. Just viewing Daisy's post will NOT be helpful.

A one word response would be great like Stay or Go. While I am of German descent I was born American so if your answer is Nuts! I can also add that to the list.

May I also ask you all to keep your answers 'clean'! I know for some of you this is a very emotional issue.

Please do 'take a stand here''

We will do what you want us to do, and as Daisy says the information will stay here for review, there will just be no further posting here.

Thank you.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

macasm

superstar

#4 [url]

Nov 26 13 4:23 AM

As I have to pretty much re-register every few times I try to get on the forums. . . I say GO!
Hi Daisy!
You might want to post his on FB as many folks have already given up on the lefora forums.

Last Edited By: macasm Nov 26 13 4:26 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Nov 26 13 11:17 AM

I don't spend much time on this forum, mostly due to its functionality and appearance. I would vote 'go'. 

WGF has 30k likes on Facebook, the current forum use indicates that not even a fraction of a fraction of WGF fans utilize it. Seems like a very small proportion do and it's worth asking 'why?' 

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#7 [url]

Nov 26 13 3:32 PM

GO

Refering to Daisy's information about a drop in use; Originally it could take me as much as an hour to 'catch up' on recent posts. Now 10 to 15 min and Ive covered everything 'new'.
*Drmathias,
"30k likes on FB"!? Wow. IF WGF could get even 5% of those to become active members, even if posting only once a month, it would be great. We're talking an addition 1500 members, just think of the extra resources and ideas they could bring!

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#12 [url]

Dec 1 13 6:10 PM

It has to be a go from me. Sorry if that means more work for you guys.

I have barely been able to log in since the switch and have severely missed you guys! I've not been staying away, just not able to log in which has driven me nuts!

Great to see Daisy, Jim Jack et al still here :D

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Dec 3 13 4:54 AM

everyone,

That is an excellent idea by zedeyejoe!

Please review the elements of your prior submissions to the forums you would like to have presented on the possible new WGF forums. Many of you have provided great information, and if a switch is made you could have your most important and useful contributions ready to go.

What do you all think of this idea?

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Dec 3 13 1:39 PM

I would love to be able to. Unfortunately Lefora screwed up my account (as crazyharborc) and I had to rejoin (With help from your Tech).
As I already said.....Let's leave Lefora to rot.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#17 [url]

Dec 3 13 3:55 PM

Before I say more, I'd like to 'echo' *Macasm's comment; "Ad Free? only .99 cents a month! Time to dump lefora Jim!"
And if you did 'pay up' to stop the Adware, God knows what Lefora would come up with next. I say its time for Lefora to become LE-FORMER.

Zedeyejoe has a good point IF you can save or back up any posts or comments you value here 'for when' (hopefully) we do switch, you can take them to the newer User friendlier site.
As a back up plan, you should be able to simple 'copy & paste' any of the old posts on to your comp., flash drive, etc. and then relist it to our 'new home' site.
Potter glad to know your still out there as well.

Quote    Reply   

macasm

superstar

#18 [url]

Dec 5 13 8:20 AM

Make Sure you post this up to Face Book too! This is really getting to be very hard to get into every time I want to check in.
And I don't like Zappo's or any of the other advertisements with sound that irritate the devil out of me when I do get in.
See you guys after the change.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Dec 11 13 10:31 AM

Well as an IT guy I'd suggest you don't change too many times.  Because no forum software is going to be perfect and as you go through more and more versions some of your users are going to like some parts of each forum you host but hate other parts.  The problem is because they had a great (for them) feature once they will not accept an otherwise better forum if it does not duplicate that feature exactly... and it won't.  Eventually you will train your fans to hate anything you put in front of them.  

Look at TMP their forum is objectively awful, heck it looks like a 1980s BBS but the forum there keeps chugging along despite this because bad as it is, it stays the same.

Anyway identify key features and research your options well and make sure your new forum software address those features and then stick with it for a long time...  we'll figure it out eventually.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Dec 11 13 7:10 PM

On this topic I would say nana na na nana na heeeeeyyyyyy gooood bye!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help