Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 24 09 5:27 PM

Tags : :

MODERN/NEAR FUTURE ARMED CIVILIANS

SUBMITTED BY: Terrement

SIZE/SCALE: 28mm

SET DESCRIPTION: Sprues to have a mix and match set of torsos, legs, arms, heads (with and without various hats), and weapons to create a variety of figures that could serve as irregular civilian forces in almost any 3rd world country. These could be used in everything from rival factions in a civil war, to opposition for US marines & Delta force, to street gangs for Future Wars / Street Violence games, to survivors to fight agaonst the zombie hordes, to criminal gangs, to civilians in a wide range of time periods

REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Movies: Blackhawk Down, The Wild Geese, Shoot 'Em Up, Children of Men, Resident Evil

ESTIMATED PRICE PER SPRUE: $4-5

NOTES: Estimated 5-6 figures on the sprue
ok, this sprue is 74% completed in the sci-fi section, and I have yet to see anyone discuss about it.

Discuss

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Mar 24 09 9:23 PM

Btw, I know most people are probably thinking of these as Zombie fighters or Zombie fodder, but I think the true worth of this set will be mixing and matching the parts in the current zombie set to make the number of available zombie looks really explode!

Having said that, what kind of clothes/ torsos/ looks are we going for here folks? Strictly street walking civilian, scientist oriented, para-mailitary, professional oriented (cop/ firefighter)?

I say the more generic, the better.  Thats my 3.5 cents.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 24 09 10:37 PM

generic equals better in my opinion also.

Maybe AK-47s and Shotguns.

Maybe one is  slacks & a Long sleeve shirt and tie, to be either business man or painted as a street cop.

Khaki type pants w/ cargo pockets (which can be painted camo for a para-military look)

Weapon types: AK-47, MP5, Pump Shotgun, Pistol, Rifle.

Quote    Reply   

petru5

superstar

#4 [url]

Mar 25 09 7:55 AM

Weapons commonly found in American gun stores.  Why American?  Aren't we the only nation that sells AKs, MP5s, and nonsuch off our shelves?

Comrade87 is right in his assessment, though.  Load out shouldn't be too exotic, but potentially something commonly found.  I could see a lot of shotguns and handguns as well as some smaller SMGs and hunting rifles.

"Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president." - Jack Burton

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 25 09 8:30 AM

Weapons commonly found in American gun stores.  Why American?  Aren't we the only nation that sells AKs, MP5s, and nonsuch off our shelves?
Comrade87 is right in his assessment, though.  Load out shouldn't be too exotic, but potentially something commonly found.  I could see a lot of shotguns and handguns as well as some smaller SMGs and hunting rifles.

-petru5

yes, I would have to say so, because if we did it off of most other industrialized nation we would be fighting with an assortmant of golf clubs, wooden boards, and other such instruments

Quote    Reply   

petru5

superstar

#6 [url]

Mar 26 09 7:40 PM

And then we would be looking at sprues of Shawn of the Dead figs.

"Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president." - Jack Burton

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Mar 27 09 12:22 PM

A few heads wearing balaclava hoods would be sweet. There is something about a balaclava and a AK that just says "trouble" to me. Besides, their use is pretty universal among paramilitaries (Iraq, Mexico, Northern Ireland, ect):

Jason

Jason

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Mar 28 09 1:33 AM

yes, I do gotta say a masked face would be perfect.

And of course we have got have the AK, not only is it popular, effective, and reliable, it is also one of the cheapest Assault rifles available on the market.  Making it not only common place, but a standard staple weapon of any fighter in the known world, well, resistance fighters, and untrained civilians.

And masks could be used to represent from bandits, burglars, robbers, murderers, fighter, militia, almost anything, I mean come on, who doesn't want to wear a mask, have a cool looking Assault rifle (that will always work as ong as you have bullets) , and be completely anonymous no matter what you do?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Mar 30 09 12:42 PM

I have heard a fair amount of chatter from people who play Ambush Alley-I think this sprue will be in great demand for generic armed civvies. AKs will be very well received, I am sure!

Not sure what I will do with a chainsaw, but hey, that'll be fun too. :-P

Jason

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 6 09 11:24 AM

IMO we should keep dedicated anti-zombie weapons off of this sprue so they can be generic civilians for any setting; if you want anti-zombie specifically, get the NPL.

So just firearms?

Live Forever, Apes ~Lieutenant Rasczak

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Apr 6 09 11:39 AM

I don't know, they're still two separate submissions and this one is ~70 percent done IIRC.
Furthermore, all the melee weapons the ZPL sprue wants wouldn't really be compatible with this. 

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Apr 6 09 12:18 PM

Yeah, but all the melee weapons would be useless dead space that would be just wasted money that could have been filled with ranged weapons.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help