Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Apr 6 09 12:36 PM

1.) Just becuase you do not wish to use melee weapons doesn't make them useless dead space.   Gang members and angry mobs will happily use the melee weapons, and both fall under armed civilains.

2.) There are enough ranged weapons to equip every model

3.) The talk of combining the sprues was because they are similar ideas and together they have enough preorders to meet the goals.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Apr 6 09 5:18 PM

I'm just concerned that those melee weapons would be really out of context; what are resistance fighters doing with a chainsaw? :P

For a gaggle of rebels and insurgents I'd like to have some variety in ranged weapons like SMGs and snipers and assault rifles and so forth rather than just 2x Rifle 2x Shotgun and some random melee weapons that are useless against any modern military force.

Live Forever, Apes ~Lieutenant Rasczak

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Apr 6 09 6:54 PM

From the description on page 1
"These could be used in everything from rival factions in a civil war, to opposition for US marines & Delta force, to street gangs for Future Wars / Street Violence games, to survivors to fight agaonst the zombie hordes, to criminal gangs, to civilians in a wide range of time periods"

resistance fighters, gaggle of rebels, insurgents, and Keffiyeh clad head .... I think the two of you would be happier with
Near Future Islamic Rebels

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Apr 7 09 1:04 AM

Who knows how well this will sell so I vote for flexibilitiy, UZIs,AK47, automatics, knives, shotgun, sniper riftle and yes... a chainsaw.

I'm not sure we're at the point where we can afford to say there will be a dozen modern/near future kits to meet every need. 

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Apr 7 09 5:28 AM

I think something that covers street gangs for Future Wars / Street Violence games, to survivors to  fight against the zombie hordes, to criminal gangs, to civilians is pretty flexible, and remains within the realm of civilans.

Rebel freeedom fighters tend to use military weapons that the civilian populace doens't have access to. Stuff like Uzis, snipers rifles, and automatic weapons.....

I've ordered BOTH, but I don't want my Civilains sprues to become Islamic Rebels just becuase the order numbers for Civilians is higher.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Apr 7 09 5:42 AM

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=37858

Submission is at 80%

Anybody have any idea what these are going to look like?

civilian clothes with military webbing, bare heads etc......

John

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Apr 7 09 12:01 PM

I'd imagine generic civilian clothes, a model wearing a scavenged bulletproof vest or some such would be cool in my opinion.

I see these guys as looking as irregular as possibly while being armed with an array of military-grade weaponry.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Apr 7 09 4:50 PM

If these are really not going to merge with the ZPL then Id go civilian clothes, some in baggy BDU style pants (cargo) w/ some web gear on.

I'd say mostly home-grown weaponry (guns that is) w/ only 1 or 2 military thrown in.

Pump shotgun,
hunting shotgun,
several pistols,
MP-5,
Ak-47
Ar-15
Uzi,
some grenades,
hunting rifle w/ scope.

That would give them a "home militia" type feel.
Maybe add some chest rig type web gear to hold extra mags, and 1 figure in a bullet proof vest.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Apr 7 09 4:58 PM

From the description on page 1
"These could be used in everything from rival factions in a civil war, to opposition for US marines & Delta force, to street gangs for Future Wars / Street Violence games, to survivors to fight agaonst the zombie hordes, to criminal gangs, to civilians in a wide range of time periods"

resistance fighters, gaggle of rebels, insurgents, and Keffiyeh clad head .... I think the two of you would be happier with
Near Future Islamic Rebels

-adamsouza

I meant it more as a single stylish head option, not the look/style for the whole spruce.
=P

It would also be a change of pace from the standard Balaclava.
Not a deal breaker or anything. Just throwing ideas out there.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Apr 7 09 5:28 PM

Again, I'm really against merging these; I would buy these for a rabble of militia-type people, and only having 2 different types of ranged weapons would really kill that effect. Plus, again, I'm really against including melee weapons on this sprue.

Plus, I'm kinda of the opinion that if people had wanted more anti-zombie styled fighters they would have preordered ZPL. I don't know but the presence of the melee weapons on this sprue, especially the Chainsaw, in preference to a variety of ranged weapons like different assault rifle makes, SMGs, bolt-action rifles etc would kind of kill my interest in this. Guerilla fighters should have more than 2 types of ranged weapons.grin

I mean sure, the melee weapons can be used for mobs and gangs and stuff I guess but if you want to make convincing "freedom fighters" melee weapons are basically useless.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Apr 7 09 5:33 PM

From the description on page 1"These could be used in everything from rival factions in a civil war, to opposition for US marines & Delta force, to street gangs for Future Wars / Street Violence games, to survivors to fight agaonst the zombie hordes, to criminal gangs, to civilians in a wide range of time periods"
 resistance fighters, gaggle of rebels, insurgents, and Keffiyeh clad head .... I think the two of you would be happier with Near Future Islamic Rebels

-adamsouza

As I pointed out earlier earlier the description of THIS sprue mentions zombie hunters and NOT militia.

Militia are paramilitary.
Gurilla fighter are paramilitary.

People preorder based on the description of the sprue, not your paramilitary vision of it.
What you keep describing should be on a Modern Militia Sprue.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Apr 7 09 5:39 PM

"to opposition for US marines & Delta force"

I'd consider a group of civilians arming themselves to fight off an attack by an enemy nation to be a militia in all but name. Nitpick over my choice of words if you want to, but the idea is the same; a band of civilians grouping together to resist an enemy militarily.

My point is that including stuff like the Chainsaw tilts this sprue away from "generic civilians usable for zombies" to "zombie hunters usable as generic civilians". If this was combined with the ZLP melee weapons would have to be de-emphasized somewhat in my opinion.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help