Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Apr 7 09 5:20 PM

We will definitely have some right hands on pistols. As for the cattle-prods, we could go w/ a few right hands holding them or they could be molded onto the legs, as if its attached to the belt.

It almost doesnt make sense to have more hands w/ clubs than it does shields as those would be a combo. So probably 1 left hand on shield and 1 right hand on baton. The other figures will have batons on belts.

Soryy no more shields than 1, BUT, there is currently a Modern Riot Cops sprue out there. That one will have several shields. You can steal some from there.
http://wargamesfactory.lefora.com/2009/02/05/modern-riot-police/page1/

I wanted these guys to be more like SWAT cops who are fighting armed insurgents, rebels, mutants, zombies, or even the military!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Apr 7 09 6:31 PM

Ah. I gotcha.

I suggest "Near Future Counter Terrorists" or "Near Future Civil Protection" for there name. That would help make it more clear what they are.
;)

This also means this spruce is a lot more useful to me now. My only question is, if all the options are right handed, then what is the left hand doing the whole time?

-We chould have a mix of left and right handed clubs/pistols with a left handed sheild.

-The left hands could just be generic action-y posed arms.

I'd really like to see compatibility with the great coat spruce. The reason is, these guys sound like they whould be  perfect for kitbashing with the Greatcoat spruce to make more "heavy infantry". (So compatability might be the more usefull here. ;D )

Also here is a question. Will be see special weapons? Like a Grenade launcher? Or maby a few SMG's?

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Apr 7 09 7:19 PM

Well, most my my figures left hands will be holding shotguns, an assault rifle, or steadying their auto-pistol. But we could have a left hand with a shield, and another open for various conversions!

As to "special" wepaons, 1 assault rifle (that could easily be converted to a SAW) and 1 multi-shot grenade launcher either in an arm or as a bit (that way it could be slung on a troopers back or converted into his hands).

Thanks for the continued input.

Btw, sprue was already submitted as "Near Future Anti-terrorists/ anti-zombie/ SWAT Cops"....

not sure the whole title will make it in there though wink.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Apr 7 09 7:49 PM

Well, most my my figures left hands will be holding shotguns, an assault rifle, or steadying their auto-pistol. But we could have a left hand with a shield, and another open for various conversions!
As to "special" wepaons, 1 assault rifle (that could easily be converted to a SAW) and 1 multi-shot grenade launcher either in an arm or as a bit (that way it could be slung on a troopers back or converted into his hands).
Thanks for the continued input.
Btw, sprue was already submitted as "Near Future Anti-terrorists/ anti-zombie/ SWAT Cops"....

not sure the whole title will make it in there though [image].

-kenshin68

I guess I'm just getting confused on the exact contents of the spruce.

So...
-4-5 guys.
-4-5 Auto pistol right hand
-4-5 left "cupped  hands"
-1 Sheild Left Hand
-Grenade Launcher right
-Assault rifle Right

It seems like it may be better to leave the shield off and make is a mix of assault rifles and pistols, with a Grenade Launcher.

Wait. Clad in Swat/Riot Gear? Armored with pistols/SMG's/Assault rifles? Fights zombies? This sounds strangely familure....

Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service anyone?

?v=0

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Apr 8 09 8:06 PM

Ok so here is throwing some ideas out there.

If these are more swat style guys. So whould that not mean we whould want SMG's/pistols and not assault rifles? (Or atleast A single assault rifle in a squad.)

I'm thinking that maby it may have to be a single pistol/sheild on the spruce, to fit everything in the end. Unless the pistol and SMG share the same "cup hand". But this may look "wired".

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Apr 11 09 7:11 AM

Sounds good to me Krakenfan! I will update this page for orders as soon as (if) the idea is posted.

Cheers for the support!grin

"If these are more swat style guys. So whould that not mean we whould want SMG's/pistols and not assault rifles? (Or atleast A single assault rifle in a squad.)"

Lucky, here are the proposed contents of the sprue:

"5 bodys
4 arms w/ auto-combat shotguns,
1 arm w/ scoped auto-rifle w/ under slung grenade launcher,
several arms w/ semi-auto pistols,
5 helmeted head variants w/ plastic visor up and gas mask on,
5 heads w/ no helmet but ear/throat-mic piece on (or balaclavas!)
"Bits" would be 1 riot shield, riot batons (electrified), gas grenades, six-shot grenade launcher, targeters, pistols in holsters, etc..."

Hope that answers your questions!

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Apr 16 09 4:19 PM

Sounds good to me Krakenfan! I will update this page for orders as soon as (if) the idea is posted.
Cheers for the support![image]

"If these are more swat style guys. So whould that not mean we whould want SMG's/pistols and not assault rifles? (Or atleast A single assault rifle in a squad.)"
Lucky, here are the proposed contents of the sprue:

"5 bodys
4 arms w/ auto-combat shotguns,
1 arm w/ scoped auto-rifle w/ under slung grenade launcher,
several arms w/ semi-auto pistols,
5 helmeted head variants w/ plastic visor up and gas mask on,
5 heads w/ no helmet but ear/throat-mic piece on (or balaclavas!)
"Bits" would be 1 riot shield, riot batons (electrified), gas grenades, six-shot grenade launcher, targeters, pistols in holsters, etc..."
Hope that answers your questions!

-kenshin68

I think that's a perfect weapon list!
=D

The only thing is will 5 bulky 28mm guys fit? Thinking back to the great coat thread.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Apr 17 09 3:09 AM

"I think that's a perfect weapon list!"

Thanks Lucky! wink

I hope so (re: the 5 figures). If zombies got 6, I think we can get 5. Greatcoated troops are probably a bit thicker than these. If we have to end up going w/ 4 bodies that may actaully give us more room for arm/ weapon options.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Apr 20 09 7:33 AM

I prefer the look that gives me umbrella Paramilitary personally.
;)

"Once again, only you survived, Mr.Death," the shopper pilot speaks with a cold bitterness. "Always, only you, survive, Mr.Death" the pilot continues. But Hunk does not respond to the pilot. He doesn't care. "The Death cannon die...," the survivor thinks to himself with a warm smile...

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Apr 20 09 8:04 AM

I'm a more fan of the snout just because current Cannon states H.U.N.K. and I assume all the other U.B.C.S. and U.S.S. agents wear the more snotty gas masks. The 1st two pichers in the last batch I posted being of H.U.N.K.

I could live with the style you like, I'm just stating my preference and excitement at the thought of making a "Umbrella Security Service" team, with HUNK at the lead.
grin

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Jun 25 09 1:54 PM

I'm liking this thread - Though an armoured car or multiwheeled APC with a turret that could be a water cannon (or chemical cannon or even flamer thrower for the 'bad' police!) would be very cool...  Something along the lines of this:

or this

or this (but with 6 wheels - cause that's chunkier!  lol!):

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   

superstar

#38 [url]

Jun 25 09 2:13 PM

Chunky is good (in this case).

I can just imagine that types of armies that would find something like that useful.

That's like hypnotizing chickens...

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jun 25 09 3:45 PM

I'm liking this thread - Though an armoured car or multiwheeled APC with a turret that could be a water cannon (or chemical cannon or even flamer thrower for the 'bad' police!) would be very cool...  Something along the lines of this:
[image]
or this
[image]
or this (but with 6 wheels - cause that's chunkier!  lol!):
[image]

-lachlan

More chunky and less French looking wink

This was a good idea, but I dont think it made the moratorium cutoff.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jun 25 09 3:51 PM

More chunky and less French looking [image]

-admiral-yi

I agree to the more chunky - though I would have said MORE French Looking!!!

This was a good idea, but I dont think it made the moratorium cutoff.

-admiral-yi

Sorry I didn't realise there was a moratorium cutoff.

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help