Remove this ad

eilif

superstar

#61 [url]

Dec 10 09 1:52 PM

I gotcha.  I thought you were saying that they were fat.  The armor is bulky, and the pants are a bit bunchy in places, but in person, they're not nearly so Michelin-like as the pics might suggest.

I've already got a couple of projects in the works, but I'm tempted to take 10 of these guys, do a bit of conversion on the assault rifles and do a speed-painting/dipping experiment.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#63 [url]

Dec 11 09 3:10 PM

I think ANYTHING these days 28mm with guns have been turned into IG one way or another. hell I think I'll make some out of WSS troops if they come out!

Where is his will needed?

Quote    Reply   

#65 [url]

Dec 11 09 6:59 PM

Excuse the newbie question, but what is IG?
John who is not up to speed yet on all the war gaming rule sets

-jjdiffley

Imperial Guard. The Human Faction of Warhammer 40k. Info:

The Imperium of Man spans the length and breadth of the galaxy; from Kaledon beyond the Segmentum Obscurus to the Lojos Worlds on the Eastern Fringe, humanity has truly conquered the stars. And yet, despite its vastness and unquestioned military might, it is beset by enemies within and without. Countless alien races war with the Imperium - ravenous, slathering beasts and cruel cunning raiders alike while – heretics, traitors and worse destabilise it from within. Of all the Imperium's defences, there is one that can always be relied upon – a military force the like of which has never been known in history, the Imperial Guard.

Hundreds of billions of warriors, sworn to the service of the Emperor, the Imperial Guard is a relentless organisation of men, tanks and guns that will not rest until humanity's domains are secure and all enemies of Mankind are laid low. But these brave soldiers are not the superhuman soldiers of the Adeptus Astartes, they are but men – courageous and valiant but armed with little more than faith in the Emperor and the rightness of their cause. Against Daemons, aliens and more such virtues seem scant protection, but the Imperial Guard remain undaunted – their generals know that they can triumph over any and every foe, for they command regiments without number, soldiers beyond counting and with the lifeblood of their men they can stem any invasion, turn any tide necessary to preserve the glorious Imperium of Man.

This then, is the Imperial Guard. The largest army ever assembled, bold men, mighty war machines and courage enough to overcome any foe. With men such as these, how can the Imperium of Man ever falter?

Main issue with them though is that they have MILLIONS of regiments from thousands of systems but only 2 plastic sets for their squads. So people want more ways to make their own army!

Quote    Reply   

superstar

#67 [url]

Dec 11 09 8:42 PM

And that doesn't even touch the Adeptus Arbites (Judge Dredd style law enforcement) or their inclusion as Genestealer Cultists--although the rumor is that modeling a coven will get even more difficult with the new codex.

That's like hypnotizing chickens...

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Dec 12 09 10:07 AM

Heh sorry but I love the IG! Regular Men and Women (too bad no models for them :P) armed with simple lasguns going against things 20x better than them. But they got nymbers and tanks! To show how different each regimenti is here are squads from ones GW made. The one in my eailer post are the Cadian Shock Troopers.

These are the Catachan Jungle Fighters  (only other one in plastic)

Now on to their metal range you have the Vostroyan Firstborn, Tallarn Desert Raiders, Steel Legion, Valhallan Ice Warriors, and Mordian Iron Guard (in that order)

And there are also 2 regiments made by the resin maker Forgeworld. The Elysian Drop Troops and their most famous the Death Korps of Kreig (in that order). Now these guys REALLY cost a ton!

Guesss how the Greatcoats got popular

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

May 7 11 7:39 PM

I would be all for a couple boxes of these... a city scape with dozens and dozens of zombies and tons of police squads... just, the Liberty and Union doesn't seem to be moving a lot... Me as a gamer, I'd gladly pay for more shock troops, russians, police, zombies, mutants, ect.,

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#71 [url]

May 7 11 8:53 PM

Liberty and Union is moving, we're just not updating it as it isn't a priority to update until we get our house completely in order. 

L & U submissions are still being accepted and we do monitor it so feel free to contribute.  More zombie sculpts are going to be in the works sometime after we finish the Samurai Range, as will WWII infantry and vehicles (and maybe some sci-fi vehicles too and some aliens).

Alea iacta est, good gaming - Lonnie Mullins Head of Product Development, Research & Design Wargames Factory

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#72 [url]

Nov 1 11 10:18 PM

Liberty and Union is moving, we're just not updating it as it isn't a priority to update until we get our house completely in order.  
More zombie sculpts are going to be in the works sometime after we finish the Samurai Range,...

-lonnie

So Lonnie..  hows that "house getting ordered?" Things working out I hope.
I hope when they bring in the "2nd wave" of Zombies, they will release some sort of "New Future Police" force.
Apcalypse survivors are great (Zombies gotta eat too) but you do gotta have some kind of para-military / law enforcement force to kee'm down.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Nov 2 11 3:39 PM

"New Future Police" force.
Apcalypse survivors are great (Zombies gotta eat too) but you do gotta have some kind of para-military / law enforcement force to kee'm down.

-jack

Yeah, A force that battles the zombies so you think they are good... until they start killing the survivors too to eliminate "witnesses" in the small town that had the zombie plague outbreak...

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#74 [url]

Nov 2 11 11:28 PM

Yeah, A force that battles the zombies so you think they are good... until they start killing the survivors too to eliminate "witnesses" in the small town that had the zombie plague outbreak...

-captainmathias

The United States Police (Escape from New York) on site C/O thinks to himself for a moment. "This one could be a problem." He then speaks calmly into his throat mic.

"Sniper Team One. You have a "green light" on Captain Mathias. I repeat, you have a "green light" on Captain Mathias."

These Non-confomists have to be dealt with. If not, the next thing you know you'll be up to your armpits.... in WARGAMERS!  (really dramatic music goes here guys)

I still think Romero's original "radiation" concept was the best 'new approach' as the cause. Resident Evil rocked....  so I heard from some.  I uh, well kind of .. was uneasy about going to see it, in a dark theater, or at home or..  well these things have to be considered.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#75 [url]

Sep 19 12 8:31 AM

Just saw the Deadliest warrior episode that pitted Zombies vs. Vampires.  It was pretty awesome check it out if you have Netflix.

As far as a police force, heck yeah.  I'd want some.

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#77 [url]

Sep 21 12 6:18 AM

it was the last episode of season 3.  On my netflix (Streaming) it was the very last one available.

They end up putting like 180 zombies vs. 3 Vampires.  Great episode.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#78 [url]

Sep 21 12 9:41 AM

Damn.. once again I'm feeling that 'behind the (tech) times" blues.
Dont have Netflix, but right now I have to pose this little question.

Ok, both Zombies and Vampires infect, spread (recruit even), their virus by biting.. Soooooo how are / did the Vampires kill and Not become infected themselves (see below)*?

Lets face it, Zombies are not big on caring about such things (or thinking in general). I'm guessing they just used their 'amped' up immortal strength to rip the Zeds apart.
Well I've seen the Underworld trilogy, and loved that. Vampire / Lycan war..pretty cool concept, I have to admit, Vampire vs. Zombie.. I am intrigued.

*A Zombie Vampire..  
a ZOMPIRE? 
a VAMBIE ok even as I typed the word I could see how stupid that was. Unless of course National Lampoon was to do a movie on them, at least then its "excusable".. not better.

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Sep 21 12 12:17 PM

Damn.. <snip>...
Well I've seen the Underworld trilogy, and loved that. Vampire / Lycan war..pretty cool concept, I have to admit, Vampire vs. Zombie.. I am intrigued.*A Zombie Vampire..  a ZOMPIRE?  a VAMBIE ok even as I typed the word I could see how stupid that was. Unless of course National Lampoon was to do a movie on them, at least then its "excusable".. not better.

-jack

Well it does lead to cries of 'You killed Vambie's mother!!!'

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Sep 22 12 6:14 AM

byron31,

Thank you.

I also agree with the comments above...  very interesting concepts.

Jim

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help