Remove this ad

potter

superstar

#101 [url]

Nov 20 12 4:07 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing some idea's for the near future cops, but there's other set's I'd possibly buy first, though a lot depends upon scale.

Should the Future cops be true 28mm like the Historical figs and the Zombie Vixens, then I'd be buying 2-4 sets. Almost purely for use with Z games and other near future scenarios depending upon how many figs were included.

If they were Heroic 28mm like the Shock Troopers and be compatible with the Shock Troops, I may only buy a couple of boxes at least to start with.

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#102 [url]

Nov 20 12 4:47 PM

The shield first to lift, and then stab with the shortened spear is demonstrated in the Shaka Zulu series.

Along with the singular impact of Shaka's new system of spear (Iklwa) and shield fighting meeting the previously traditional system of an exchange of missiles and when someone got seriously hurt everybody went home practiced by the other tribal groups. Not a pretty sight, and small wonder the amaZulus under Shaka's leadership wound up running the region in such short order until Her Majesty's redcoats showed up with firearms and crashed the party.

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#103 [url]

Nov 20 12 5:14 PM

I've seen the 1st and last one, but never Shaka Zulu.
Wasn't it a mini series?

-potter

Mini series. Despite the sometimes lurid depictions not half bad an effort at all on showing the life and times of one of history's most ferocious, driven conquering despots. If you want a really, really excellent read on the subject I cannot recommend Donald R. Morris' The Washing of the Spears strongly enough:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Washing-Of-Spears-Nation/dp/0306808668/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353458956&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Washing+of+the+Spears

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help