Tags : :

Discuss this submission here!

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=48731

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Jul 28 09 12:28 AM

"SET DESCRIPTION: The sprue would contain 4 bodies with different heads and weapons suchas pikes, halberds, arquebuses and two handed-swords. Command options might be a stretch for a single sprue."

In order to be able to do units with somewhat historical proportion of armaments, I think the sprue should contain at least:

- 3 pikes
- 1 halberd
- 1 arquebuss
- 1 two-handed sword

Making a banner pole for a banner bearer could be done quite simply by shortening a pike.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 17 09 10:29 AM

Making a banner pole for a banner bearer could be done quite simply by shortening a pike.

-griefbringer

Not quite. It is true that the banner pole would be short, but it often had a "ball" at the bottom, so it would need a little something extra. ;-)

John

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 17 09 11:14 AM

True about the spherical counter-weight in the bottom of the flagpole - perhaps one of the polearms could have that on the lower end, and the customer could then cut off either the ball or the pointy business end, depending on whether he wants a banner pole or weapon.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Aug 13 10 4:11 PM

There are so many pike suggestions it's kind of hard to get behind one or another.

Alexander Hunt. Co-author of the Warhammer Fantasy: Total Realism project. Author of Defiance: The realistic modern and future skirmish ruleset.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Aug 14 10 4:46 AM

True. But, much could be made of using the same basic clothing and equipment for Swiss and Landsknechts of the Pavia period, if offering alternative swords (Landsknechts "katzbalger" and Swiss longer swords and daggers, etc.). The only potential problem would be the sometimes different "slashings" on the clothes: Swiss with a "+" and Landsknechts with a "X". Maybe two separate offering in this category would be best? I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to make two separate sets based on the same basic poses and clothing.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 14 10 5:08 PM

How about a little carefully modified uniform with a SHARP Exacto hobby knife?? Generic units and or mixed in minies to fatten up units of pike and or shot. 

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Aug 15 10 6:53 AM

Don't know that one would be able to modify the clothing well enough with an exacto, nor would there be enough people interested in having to make the modifications on potentially dozens (if not hundreds) of figures. There really are no "generic" styles in this period.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Aug 22 10 9:58 AM

That's  the way it goes I guess.  Still and all, my longtime group of old fart opponents and I have been forced before to use standins and likely still will. The period mentioned here is not one I have really tried to get minies for.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help