Tags : :

Discuss this submission here!

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=50706

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Apr 27 09 10:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing. A few smaller items may fit on a single sprue, but anything of a significant size would probably need something larger than 4x6 and/or a multiple sprues.

And not to sound like a broken record, but I've got to wonder how quickly orders would come in for something people may want 1 or 2 of, but not buy en masse.

I've got to admit, it seems like a cool idea, though. I always thought the "Leonardo Plus" games I used to see at conventions looked cool, and it would save a whole lot of modeling/engineering.

Wargames & Painting Blog: zerotwentythree.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 8 09 10:43 AM

I'm surprised I'm the only preorder I just fealt models of these would be a great fun model to paint and make. Am I the only fan of pre-steam punk?

"True but when you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall from Freefall freefall.purrsia.com/default.htm

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 8 09 11:17 AM

I actually really like the idea, I just don't see how it would work on the sprue size that WF does. I love all things steam punk, and would be game if I thought it was possible. Maybe you could show an idea of what you were thinking of having on the sprue, so that people like me could get some kind of idea as to what we were preordering for.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 10 09 5:56 AM

I'm not the original poster so I don't really know. The thing is the technical details I feel are best left to the official Wargames Factory staff. If there are enough customers for it they will be able to solve the technical difficulties if just by promoting it to a box set or splitting it down into a sprue for only one vehicle.

"True but when you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall from Freefall freefall.purrsia.com/default.htm

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

May 12 09 5:25 PM

I'm surprised I'm the only preorder I just fealt models of these would be a great fun model to paint and make. Am I the only fan of pre-steam punk?

-llamahead

Nope. As I mentioned above, I've always liked the DaVainci ideas. But I have absolutely no idea what I would be "preordering."

Wargames & Painting Blog: zerotwentythree.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jun 1 09 7:40 AM

But I have absolutely no idea what I would be "preordering."

-zerotwentythree

I think that right there is the key phrase.  Da Vinci had so many ideas, I don't think this submission will take off until just one or two of Da Vinci's machines are decided upon - and then that information is posted on the original submission.

It would be nice if the original submitter would clarify, but in the lack of that, does anyone know of some sites we can browse through some of Da Vinci's stuff?  Maybe we could come to a general consensus of which one would be the best seller.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jun 1 09 10:21 AM

I think a constructive idea would be to replace this entry with a number of different entries, one for each machine that could be considered interesting.

A few websites with material from Leonardo:

- http://www.drawingsofleonardo.org/
- http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/l/leonardo/ (especially "Drawings of Engineering Themes")

A few years back there was also a TV programme where they actually tried constructing some of the engines from Leonardos drawings.

Griefbringer

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

May 27 10 10:58 AM

According to some news, apparently Italeri is planning to bring out plastic kits for some of the Leonardo contraptions.

Unfortunately, if I read correctly those will be in 1/20 scale, which might be somewhat inconveniently large for wargamers.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Sep 12 10 1:52 AM

I got one at home and painted it. You have to replace the barrels because any cannon with such a calibre would be too large for the tank, let alone six of them.

Pistols from GWs dwarven set work well as falconetts (the wonders of the heroic size).
GWs old Tilean flyers will yield good flying machines for Leonardos cabinet. I am not sure how amany of his other inventions will find sufficient interest to justify a plastic set.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help