Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 24 09 5:03 PM

SPRUE TITLE: ECW SCOT COVENANTER PIKEMEN

SUBMITTED BY: kenshin

SIZE/SCALE: 28mm

SET DESCRIPTION: 4-6 pikemen all in Bonnet. Various arm poses with pike held at different
levels (kneeling to recieve, waist level, chest/ shoulder level). All
fighting poses, none marching! Perhaps 1 sword arm for a sergeant if
room. I would recommend no pikes on sprue as they can be purchased
elsewhere but I'm open to a vote.

REFERENCE MATERIALS: Ospreys various ECW books.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 31 09 6:10 AM

Isn't Warlord Games already planning to crank out a set for this topic?

That said, I would expect their set to be a mixture of pike, shot and command models, in a similar vein to the English sprues.

Griefbringer

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 1 09 10:15 AM

I will not hazard taking any guesses at the quality of models any models that I have not seen.

However, with historical plastic manufacturers at the moment having relatively limited capacity for churning out new products, I think both the manufacturers and the customers would probably be best served by the manufacturers going for a more diverse variety of topics than having multiple manufacturers producing the same topic.

I have already heard a number of people commenting that it is a pity that we already have two manufacturers cranking out Napoleonic French and British, and another two manufacturers cranking out ancient Celtic and Roman infantry.

For sure, if you are totally devoted to the War of the Jenkings Ear, then being able to choose from amongst two different plastic kits for the Bavarian horse-grenadier kettle-drummers (with left-handed option) would be a great thing. However, many people might rather appreciate being able to choose between a kit for WotJE Bavarian horse-grenadier kettle-drummers or a kit for Balkans War bicycling Bulgarian signal officers.

Griefbringer

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 27 09 4:20 PM

I guess I am a little slow reading this one and responding.

I would/will be VERY interested in  ECW and or 30 yr's War minies....cav too. I would prefer the pikes be grounded or advancing raised. None of the leveled to stick out a couple of inches to the front to prevent geting the unit's of pikes in the front ranks  into contact with the enemy minies for HtH.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 20 09 10:14 AM

On another note, the Warlord Games ECW Scots turned out to be their basic ECW plastic infantry sprue, supplied with additional metal heads and command models.

Thus, there is still space for a pure plastic ECW Scot set, should there be demand for such.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 26 10 3:57 AM

I guess I am a little slow reading this one and responding.
I would/will be VERY interested in  ECW and or 30 yr's War minies....cav too. I would prefer the pikes be grounded or advancing raised. None of the leveled to stick out a couple of inches to the front to prevent geting the unit's of pikes in the front ranks  into contact with the enemy minies for HtH.

-crazyharborc

I'm with you on that one.

I had two Scots armies (Montrose and Covenanters) which were sold off following fatherhood. I thought that Warlord Games might just be able to tempts me back in with their plastics till I saw them. Pike at the charge is just wrong for wargaming for the reasons you give - that and the figures themselves and the mix of poses just do not do it for me. And I just don;t like mixing metal and plastic parts as it makes plastic models top heavy (that said, I would use wire pikes quite happily)

Pike at the order (but grounded by the toes of the right foot) is my favourite as the pike is anchored at two points, and doesn't stick up as far as if it was shouldered.

Using wire pikes instead of plastic is also good as the newer sharpened wire pikes teach people a lesson about picking up figures without asking first..!!

Without so much as a damn your eyes www.16ld.org

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 26 10 6:33 PM

I am still waiting and hoping for WF, plactic, ECW pikes and musketeers....AND some ECW cav as well. 

Wargames Factory has my vote. I want to spend my next years of wargaming pushing WF minies across my table.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help