Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 9 09 10:23 AM

May I suggest a young Micheal Cain head?

-llamahead

Don't laugh, but I recently picked up a metal mini of Spartacus, should I do an army based upon his revolt, and the face is a dead ringer for Kirk Duglas, right down to the indentation on his chin!

John

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Sep 9 09 1:25 PM

YES, i have a pretty good idea, but have not worked with injection molding plastic casting in a ba-zillion years or so. . .

that is why i distinctly wrote "COMMAND BOX" in my message.

it would be a box full of sprues dedicated to building unit HQs, noting more ,nothing less.

DAWGIE

-dawgie

I like it, but it would be near damn impossible to get the box to 500 sales I think. Maybe I'm underestimating it though. I would still back a generic command sprue though w/ 1 higher officer, 1 Lt, 1 ensign and 2 sergeants. 

Btw, welcome aboard Dawgie!

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Sep 12 09 4:53 PM

HOKAY,

then how about a command sprue that has 1 officer, 2 muscians 1 sergeant, and 1 ensign, with bits to make the ensign into another nco?

DAWGIE

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Dec 19 09 12:25 PM

I just ordered the Old Glory Command figs. But I would still like to see WF do a 4 figure command set.

-admiral-yi

I was wondering how the Old Glory Command figures look, size wise, standing with the WF firing line?

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jan 14 10 1:06 AM

A command group isn't a bad idea , I was thinking a Five figure set
An Oficer , A bugler, A standerdbearer, A N.C.O, And A medic.

another idea is a Conversion set (For those that are not that handy with putty).

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jan 14 10 11:10 AM

The trouble with a dedicated Command sprue is one one person would buy more than a few, IMO.

I believe it would be better to have just more heads, arms, weapons, maybe one body that could be used for a variety of different things. Artillery, Dismounted Cavarly. Natal troops. Ect.

Same is true of a sprue that had many new heads, weapons, and a body or two for the Zulus, to create other tribes and Natal forces.

Maybe a combination of both on one sprue, to save cost and increase the number sold to each person wanting more colonial items.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Jan 14 10 2:52 PM

Hmm I would love to see some new bodies though. having 2 different plastic qualities in the same box might irk some people (no offense btw!)

Where is his will needed?

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#32 [url]

Aug 2 12 1:46 AM

I just wish that when the British set went from 4 up to 5 sprues, that 5th had been more of a Unique sprue.
Specifically: 2 arms holding pistols.     2 holsters, flap closed.    1 or 2 'Officer swords.
                   1 arm holding binoculars  1 pair on a strap to fit around the neck or sholder.
                   1 arm holding a bugle.      A bugle on a strap, like the powder horn w/ the zulu set.
                   2 extra helmets, with officer insignia embossed on them.

The other 3 figures would be 'standard' British soldiers.   

These are just a couple of ideas I wanted to get off my chest..I just think it would have been cool to have a couple of "Officer specific" bits.  Thanks for just letting me vent a bit..
I still think the set is great. Now Im just waiting to see.. "who's next?"  Boers, Sudanese?

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#34 [url]

Aug 2 12 10:00 PM

I think they just put another sprue into the box, there was no 'officer sprue' to add.
I use Empress Miniatures figures for officers and a bit of variety. They mix well. -zedeyejoe

Oh I realize that @Zedeyejoe. The solution was truly simple, and you got the bonus of "More Soldiers for the Same Price!"  Double Win!  As I said, it was more of a, "Oh if only.." kind of thing.

Now, as for the Empress Mini's, are they lead or plastic? Sorry, Im just not 'that' familar with a lot of companies. I really prefer plastic and not 'mixing' once Ive started w/ one or the other.

Perry has a set Im debating on; "Sudanese Tribesmen 1881-85".  As the Empire series is 'generally' around the 1879 period and with only a "couple" of years difference, I dont think its such a big issue to grab some more British troops from WF, paint them in the Khaki uniforms and Voila!.
Your ready to start gaming some of Englands "north" African conflicts.

BTW Zedeyejoe, "Did you really have to paint the cuff and shoulder details?"  I can barely draw a straight line with a ruler.. I cant paint like that!"  LOL
"Have the Gods no mercy?"  (Stelios '300')  yea.. I liked that movie.  devil

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Aug 3 12 2:22 AM

Empress Miniatures are metal - indeed most wargames figures with the exception of GW are. Once the paint is on the only difference I find is the weight  of the figure.

As to the painting, its really not that good. On the big picture I can see all sorts of mistakes. But thats the problem, my eyes are going (just old age).

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#36 [url]

Aug 3 12 3:13 AM

Empress Miniatures are metal - indeed most wargames figures   are.    the only difference I find is the weight of the figure.
As to the painting, its really not that good. On the big picture I can see all sorts of mistakes. But thats the problem, my eyes are going (just old age).

-zedeyejoe

Thats a big reason I got out of 40K.. I got tired of "luggng lead". And there "never ending BUY ME RULES". Uugggh.

The eyes huh? Same here..I seem to have to wear the reading glasses allmost "24 /7' now. But along with that, it seems my hands are even worse, being unsteady. Thats causing the major discouragement with getting the 'detail' work on the Brits done.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Aug 3 12 8:41 PM

Oh I realize that @Zedeyejoe. The solution was truly simple, and you got the bonus of "More Soldiers for the Same Price!"  Double Win!  As I said, it was more of a, "Oh if only.." kind of thing.Now, as for the Empress Mini's, are they lead or plastic? Sorry, Im just not 'that' familar with a lot of companies. I really prefer plastic and not 'mixing' once Ive started w/ one or the other.Perry has a set Im debating on; "Sudanese Tribesmen 1881-85".  As the Empire series is 'generally' around the 1879 period and with only a "couple" of years difference, I dont think its such a big issue to grab some more British troops from WF, paint them in the Khaki uniforms and Voila!.[/Your ready to start gaming some of Englands "north" African conflicts.] BTW Zedeyejoe, "Did you really have to paint the cuff and shoulder details?"  I can barely draw a straight line with a ruler.. I cant paint like that!"  LOL"Have the Gods no mercy?"  (Stelios '300')  yea.. I liked that movie.  [image]

-jack

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#38 [url]

Aug 4 12 3:31 AM

@Zedeyejoe,

I dont exactly get it.. was there something you meant to ask or tell me in the above post? Maye Im missing something.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#39 [url]

Aug 4 12 12:40 PM

OH GOOD GRIEF...
I don mind my "mind" going with age.. but now I cant even read a Name!  Uggggh!
My above reply should have been to MONEYBOX, and read as follows. Sorry Zedeyejoe.

@Moneybox,
I dont exactly get it.. was there something you meant to ask or tell me in the above post? Maye Im missing something.

-jack

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help