Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 23 09 7:34 AM

Tags : :

So. The great coats has kicked things off to a great start. Problem is they got no one to duke it out with!

So I thought maby a topic to discuses diffrent sci-fi troops was in order.
grin

More or less to talk about and come up with idea for diffrent generic sci-fi troops that chould be submitted to the LaUL that may be popular.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 23 09 7:36 AM

To kick things off.

Sci-Fi Shock Troopers

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/4/4b/1206910128_Halo_3_Marines(from_Halopedia).png

Sci-Fi Drop Infantry

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jp-Y_pSujQA/SaZtvoNPEKI/AAAAAAAAYi4/Yk7rPw2kVMk/s320/orbital+drop+storm+troopers+halo+3+ODST.jpg

Combining elements and using these as inspiration, could make a great Generic Light Infantry, and by having two diffrent head options can do Shook infantry and Drop Infantry.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 23 09 8:34 AM

Rather than post those pictures here - why don't you find current submissions those could work for, post them there, and then post the links to those submissions here?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 23 09 9:57 AM

Rather than post those pictures here - why don't you find current submissions those could work for, post them there, and then post the links to those submissions here?

-kristof65

-kristof65

All the current troops submited are prety spefic about what they want, and these do not fit them.

Sci-Fi Highland Troopers and 6mm Female Sci Fi Troops In Light Armor

The only thing close to these guys are: Sci Fi Drop Troops. Problem is the submistion is not acculy for troops.

SET DESCRIPTION: This idea would be for a sprue with one multi part figure, and one
orbital drop vehicle, or, one parachute, which seems more practical for
the manufactuers and wargamers. I personally would prefer the drop
vehicle. The Drop Trooper would be armed with a solid slug weapon,
possibly with silencer or scope or shotgun. :) The Trooper would
definetly be helmeted, with carpace/ballistic plate on the torso and
upper legs.

REFERENCE MATERIALS: For the trooper we could draw cues from the "movie" starship troopers,
armour from tau 40k or imperial guard 40k, Halo's marines and ODST corp,
especially for the drop vehicle.

This sprue is for 1 trooper and 1 Man Sized drop pod or parachute.

A Strange submission to say the least.
>=/

There for at the moment besides Great Coats, we just have high-landers to go up ageist them. There cool but takeing there time. Might need something more popular.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 23 09 11:01 AM

The great coats has kicked things off to a great start. Problem is they got no one to duke it out with!

That was the original idea behind the retro russians......similar to the Greatcoats, as they would be unarmoured greatcoats with a mix of salvaged gasmasks (from the Greatcoat designs) and basic protection (cloths, scarfs and googles). So they would be good (especially mixed with parts from the armed civilians) as opponents for the Greatcoats or as poorly equipped cannon fodder to support the Greatcoats (also should be useful as light infantry version of the Greatcoats using the Greatcoat heads and weapons).

John

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 23 09 5:07 PM

That was the original idea behind the retro russians......similar to the Greatcoats, as they would be unarmoured greatcoats with a mix of salvaged gasmasks (from the Greatcoat designs) and basic protection (cloths, scarfs and googles). So they would be good (especially mixed with parts from the armed civilians) as opponents for the Greatcoats or as poorly equipped cannon fodder to support the Greatcoats (also should be useful as light infantry version of the Greatcoats using the Greatcoat heads and weapons).

John

-earlofthenorth

I in all honesty <3 the retro Russians and hope the go threw. If there's one thing nerds like more then Germans, it's Russians.

XD

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jul 23 09 9:39 PM

I do like this one!!  His chest armour isn't the best, but the overall look is great!

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jul 24 09 3:49 PM

I like the chest Armour....

More like Modern Body Armour with "futristic" materials.
XD

Now I understand we need to come up with out "own" Armour and look. Just mentioning I see nothing wrong with it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

superstar

#11 [url]

Jul 24 09 6:09 PM

lachlan, where did you find that soldier?  It's great stuff...it gives a hint of Aliens USCM (although more heavily armored, it still has that great gritty feel), some HALO, and bits from I don't know where!

Man, I'm really wanting some (28mm-ish) guys that pass for USCM...

That's like hypnotizing chickens...

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jul 24 09 7:00 PM

lachlan, where did you find that soldier?  It's great stuff...it gives a hint of Aliens USCM (although more heavily armored, it still has that great gritty feel), some HALO, and bits from I don't know where!
Man, I'm really wanting some (28mm-ish) guys that pass for USCM...

-pinky-narfanek

I think its an ODST (orbital drop shock trooper) cosplayer. And yes they are from halo

Where is his will needed?

Quote    Reply   

superstar

#14 [url]

Jul 24 09 9:04 PM

Wow.  Those are some dedicated cosplayers...I've seen some nasty costumes, but those look like they could have been used in a Hollywood production.

Top notch work.surprise

That's like hypnotizing chickens...

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jul 24 09 10:30 PM

Yeah they look great - what I meant about the chest was that it needed a bit more armour & perhaps a larger neck protection.  The underarms and bicepts also look a tad vulnerable to blasts.

As for an origional look - I say we all have to start from somewhere and your example DL is a damn good place to start!

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jul 25 09 7:39 AM

The Costumes aren't from a Halo Movie. They were created for the Halo 3 Marketing Campaign and used to put together a series of short "films" or clips.

The production value on the videos is pretty good I will add.

Just to make sure there is no confusion.
;)

Speaking of Ad campaigns for halo 3. This is one involving miniatures witch I think all of us can agree is pretty cool.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jul 25 09 7:46 AM

That's why I put 'film' wink its quite a good video if you skip the 3 minutes of fake titles they added......good warthog, ODSTs, regular marines, pelican gunship, brutes etc....

It would make one hell of a movie. grin

John

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jul 25 09 8:14 AM

That's why I put 'film' [image] its quite a good video if you skip the 3 minutes of fake titles they added......good warthog, ODSTs, regular marines, pelican gunship, brutes etc....
It would make one hell of a movie. [image]

John

-earlofthenorth

Too bad they're not getting a movie. But second best thing I guess. An anime apparently is in the works

Where is his will needed?

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jul 25 09 11:23 PM

Here's my comtribution. Southers from Rogue Trooper. I've always liked the concept of the soldiers in that, Norts being the enemy, their heads completely concealed by their gasmasks and Southers being the good guys who all have clear visors allowing you to see their faces. It makes a good contrast between the two (although with the models you wouldn't be able to see their faces for obvious reasons).

If you went down this route, they would make for good adversaries to the evil looking greatcoats.

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help