Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jul 26 09 8:17 AM

More great Examples of a Generic Sci-Fi Troopers!

This is something I doodled up. A "Good Guy" sci-fi trooper armed with some sort of Sci-Fi M16 and a Flame Thrower.

Very Doodlish and in my Cartoon Style.
XD

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jul 28 09 7:22 PM

Here some examples of soldiers from the game Mass Effect!

Sorry for all those pics. I wanted most of the ones with humans in them (if you want more aliens I will oblige)

Where is his will needed?

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Aug 2 09 11:58 AM

Here some examples of soldiers from the game Mass Effect!

Sorry for all those pics. I wanted most of the ones with humans in them (if you want more aliens I will oblige)

-kenshin620

I loved the game Mass Effect, but don't think I would want to collect a army of Mass Effect Miniatures.

I've Never been a fan of the "Latex Cat suit" Armour. Doesn't matter what TV show, Anime, Video Game, ect it's seen it. It still looks abit silly to me.

Witch is strange. Because I am looking foreword to the Ghost in the Shell Movie. Witch is a Anime that has "Armour" in the same style.

*shrugs*
To each there own.

But there is a exception thow. The Spartan Armour from Halo 2 and 3. It's a black body suit, but they put Armour plates over the body suit. This look alot more cooler to me and makes more sence.

The the Bullet Proff cloth/gel can stop a blullet from peirceing it. It doesn't stop the kenetic force. Meaning it chould still break bones when it hits you.

The armour plates help to absorbe the kenetic force.

Not to mention the armour plates helps it look cooler also.

lol

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Aug 2 09 1:32 PM

There are some great pichers in there. I have always been a fan of the "Vac suit" 3rd edtion storm troopers.

If I was to collect my favorites images posted in this thread:

(The last one would need it's smock shortened slightly to help separate it form the full length great coats. But there are elements I really like about it.)

As you can tell. The theam is mostly a more "contemporary" look. I espacily like the ones with weapons based of modern rifles. (Witch would be a great contrast to the most WWII looking Rifles that the great coats use.)

That my personal taste thow. But I think something alonge thows lines chould make a nice little popular figure.

=)

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Aug 11 09 10:27 AM

I don't think Heavy Infantry/Power Armour would be the way to go with a adversary range.

Light infantry to correspond to the great coats. Maby a little more High Tec looking. Also need to look like the "good guys".

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Aug 11 09 3:16 PM

There's somehing very old school 'Dr Who' about those costumes!  grin

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Sep 3 09 8:31 AM

Could we get a request for faceless shock troopers bodysuit with fitted plate armor

refer Star Wars clone/storm troopers, Halo, Future SWAT team, ect.

I think it would be good to look as generic as possible so people will want spruces by the 20's.

If they sell expansion spruces with different heads (with faces), police (riot shield arms, baton arms etc). Hooded heads for Sci-Fantacy ranger troops

The different heads should also fit the Greatcoat troops to give different effects. I can see retro-future greatcoat police with face heads and riot shields.

As an aside I don't think they need to look like the good guy. Remember "In the shadowy embattled present of the dark war-torn future there is only conflict."

I think GreatCoat could be made to look like good guy with heads with faces and less menacing headgear.

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Sep 3 09 6:17 PM

Could we get a request for faceless shock troopers bodysuit with fitted plate armor
refer Star Wars clone/storm troopers, Halo, Future SWAT team, ect.
I think it would be good to look as generic as possible so people will want spruces by the 20's.
If they sell expansion spruces with different heads (with faces), police (riot shield arms, baton arms etc). Hooded heads for Sci-Fantacy ranger troops
The different heads should also fit the Greatcoat troops to give different effects. I can see retro-future greatcoat police with face heads and riot shields.
As an aside I don't think they need to look like the good guy. Remember "In the shadowy embattled present of the dark war-torn future there is only conflict."
I think GreatCoat could be made to look like good guy with heads with faces and less menacing headgear.

-pchapman123245

I think this more or less hits the mark.

But how about we ask for two head options and nail them down right from the beginning? What about something alonge the lines of.

A Trooper Head and a Enforcer Head.

The Trooper Head would be Ref:

Halo ODST Troopers
Starship Trooper (Movie)
Swat Teams

The Enforcer Head whould be Ref:

Halo Spartans
Star Wars Storm Troopers
Motorcycle Helmets.

The Trooper head would have a visor covering the eyes leaveing the bottem of the face exposed.

The Enforcer head would be a full face visor.

The interchange ability like you suggested would have to be a MUST. As in some sci-fi armies/systems mixing them would be perfect for representing diffrent troop types.

I acculy think I would get Generic Sci-Fi Troopers just for mixing into my great coat army.

Quote    Reply   

superstar

#32 [url]

Sep 3 09 7:30 PM

If the helmets were based on the same design, it might be possible to make the face shield so that it can just be glued onto the helmet.  I should think that a SST (Movie) style helmet should accomodate that fairly easily.

That's like hypnotizing chickens...

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Sep 4 09 3:40 AM

-pchapman123245

Grammar is my enemy. I was thinking "If the basic spruces sell, we could request expansion spruces with different heads..."

Not that I oppose anyones ideas. I support the idea of being as specific as useful about the "basic" spruce.

I do thing because I think the reasons expantion spruces of the Greatcoat line are not selling as fast is because many people what to see the basic Greatcoats first.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Sep 4 09 4:51 AM

If the helmets were based on the same design, it might be possible to make the face shield so that it can just be glued onto the helmet.  I should think that a SST (Movie) style helmet should accomodate that fairly easily.

-pinky-narfanek

I believe that for the first spruce we should focus on one kind of helmet to increase the number of trooper we can get on a spruce.

I believe we should be aiming for 8 non-interchangeable or 6 interchangeable on a spruce.

The advantage, I see, of interchangeable is it might lead to more expansion spruces more quickly, assuming the sales are their. I also may lead to interchangablity with other spruces.

After rereading Wargames Factory I came to the realization that it was not the place to look for a small number of my specific troop (futuristic psychic frog-people, don't ask) because has high setup costs and I should be asking for troops that sell by the bucketful.

That said I am surprised at what is selling and what is not. I suppose that shows I have a lot to learn about the market.

I would have though the science fiction horde markets would be:

Generic Light Hard Plate Future Trooper - Halo, Star Wars, Star Ship trooper the Movie
Alien Xenomorphesc Bug-Lizards
Terminatoresc Skeletal Robots
Hulking Mutant -think Games Workshop Ork/Orc but maybe propertioned human heads, Mavel comics The Hulk

Some of these are proposals and they are not the ones that are coming out first. Again shows what I know.

A bit of a rambling post I think I will stop now.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Sep 4 09 8:04 AM

The Great coat sprue is looking at 3 guys per sprue, 2 head options, and a verity of kit and special weapon. (Includeing a hip fired MG-42, and a Rocket Launcher.)

For these guys I was thinking the same formula. 1 bulky special weapon, and 1 Large weapon option. (Probly some sort of rocket launcher also.)

Then for expansion sprues were would probably be looking at a Heavy weapon team sprue.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Sep 11 09 1:25 PM

I like the Halo ODST concept troop to start with.  Mix in more modern day Future trooper concepts and you have a great generic trooper. (sorry no pictures)

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jan 3 10 1:42 PM

I think this is an excellent idea. Plausible figures, without over sized or weird  weapons and a dearth of melee weapons and shields, certainly nothing more than a knife - and that a good solid tool or bayonet.

Possibly a common lower section for shoulder weapons moulded to give a good tight fit so it actually looks as if it is being aimed with different uppers for energy weapons and slug throwers.

Ideally a good selection of poses including kneeling and prone.

Eventually heavy weapons would be nice - including mortars.

Plenty of gubbins - webbing and gear with backpacks or life support systems as an option.

A choice of full face visors or open face helmets.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jan 3 10 7:54 PM

Ideally a good selection of poses including kneeling andprone.

-klingsor

better watch what you saw. not everyone here is crazy about prone figures. maybe in a heavy weapon team spruce but in a rifle squad peeps might not like that

Where is his will needed?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help