Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jan 4 10 11:05 AM

I was thinking of MG teams myself but realistically if a figure is not running then he will be usually be crawling or prone - though a whole unit of them would not look very nice. It is yet another one of those realism issues but yes, I think I would agree. Prone figures are realistic but not so easy to use nor as attractive.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jan 4 10 11:37 AM

well I for one am totally ok with prone heavy weapons/snipers. those actually appeal to me

Main problem is though the lack of poses you can do with them

Where is his will needed?

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Jan 5 10 11:21 AM

I think the pictures bring the problem with prone figures to light very well - the need for bases of an unusual size (ie. anything except your normal infantry base - whether it is 20 or 25mm and round of square). A pity as while my head says prone figures are good and realistic they just aren't as much fun.

The GW heavy weapons do look very big and awkward, just what I would not want to see from Wargames Factory. Maybe barrels that are rather more than 10% of the weapons total length as well! A pity as the GW Cadians are generally very nice figures - the ones to beat for Wargames Factory.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jun 3 10 9:01 AM

I'm all for this - could easily be enemies (or allies) of the GCT. Could be human or alien (who knows what's under those masks).

Get there first with the most.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jun 3 10 9:02 AM

Kenshin - where did those prone snipers come from (top and middle)? The Russian-esque ones in the middle are fantastic!!

Get there first with the most.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#49 [url]

Jun 3 10 9:38 AM

Those were those short lived Imperial Guards from about 3-4 years ago.
Can't remember their name, but that got a very good novel....

-vikingzombie

The ones on the top are GW Armageddon Steel legion (released around 2000).

The ones in the middle are GW Vostroyans, and the ones on the bottom are GW Catachans.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jun 3 10 12:44 PM

The ones on the top are GW Armageddon Steel legion (released around 2000).
The ones in the middle are GW Vostroyans, and the ones on the bottom are GW Catachans.

-griefbringer

^- This one is correct. You can still get all of these models off the GW web sights threw Direct Order. (Not alot of stores will normally stock them, but they usely can order them in for you also.)

Quote    Reply   

stratos

superstar

#51 [url]

Jul 31 10 4:29 AM

I personally have need/use of ODST-style miniatures for Kaiju Kaos.  I'd like to see them developed.  The generic Halo-style Marine uniform is great too!  If either were made, I want to request that non-helmeted heads are included like on the Greatcoat Shock Troops.

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jul 31 10 10:21 PM

In all honesty I'm hopeing these guys will get more webbing/packs/detailing bits then heads like the Great coats.

Thow a few helmetless/bare head options is a good thing!

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Oct 31 10 1:00 PM

I've seen all of the reference pics for the Generic Sci-Fi Trooper, but well when I think of a ODST or a marine I think of somebody more then generic ... So well I think a more Generic Sci-Fi trooper would be more like the ISA Killzone guys

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jan 9 11 9:02 PM

I'd definitely want some other starship trooper/halo ODST/Colonial Marine troops to compliment the greatcoats I'll be getting with the next paycheck.  I'd prefer full and half helmet options.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help