Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jan 8 13 4:39 PM

I ran the same game at Nashcon this past spring. If you do a search for Nashcon and find the picture links for 2012 they have several pictures of the game. There are some long distance shots here. http://cigarboxheroes.blogspot.com/search?q=nashcon+2012  Of course since then I have added another 400 Zulu's. I will try and take some good pictures of the game.
Keith

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#44 [url]

Jan 9 13 3:12 PM

I ran the same game at Nashcon this past spring.    Of course since then I have added another 400 Zulu's. I will try and take some good pictures of the game. Keith -rxpjks

ADDED 400? 
Thats more men than Leonidas took with him, while "just stretching my legs".
Just FYI.. by all means my fellow gamers.. check out the link *Rxpjks posted. As game lovers you 'wont' regret the few minutes enjoying the pics.

"Teaser".. if you like "Big Ships" fighthing.. I mean  BIG guys, were not talking 24, 12 or even 'large' 1/600' scale, you have to see the Nashcon link.

Thanks for the post, the pics were great. I havent even completed my 2nd (20 man) Regt and was floored by the battle with "over" 1200 Zulu & British troops.
Im now debating on the best & most cost effective way to solve the movement tray question as my Zulu's are using 1 in. washer bases.
I have an idea, a bit of a 'spin' on the Litko movement 5x2 tray. To give the Zulu regt. more individuality, simply have a couple of the openings slightly 'off". In this way the troops wont have that 'perfect' European style rank and file look.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jan 9 13 4:28 PM

The picture above has 720 Zulu miniatures, That is exactly half of what will be on the table at the next game. 1440  Zulu's. Mine are all mounted 4 to a stand. 60mm by 40mm. The British are mounted individually on the 20mm round bases and then I used the GW, War of the ring movement trays. 8 per stand. Thanks for the encouragement.

Keith

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jan 10 13 6:07 AM

ADDED 400? 
Thats more men than Leonidas took with him, while "just stretching my legs".
-jack

Agreed. That's. . . . Impressive.

Not to mention insane.

(And yes, very impressed by the gunboat diplomacy table. Littoral warfare is one of those areas that needs more attention generally)

"Gott weiƟ ich will kein Engel sein. . ."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#47 [url]

Jan 10 13 10:26 AM

The picture above has 720 Zulu miniatures, . Mine are all mounted 4 to a stand. 60mm by 40mm. The British are mounted individually on the 20mm round bases and then I used the GW, War of the ring movement trays. 8 per stand. Keith 

-rxpjks

What rules system did /do you guys use to play by. Im looing into getting The Sword and The Flame, and perhaps then finding players. lol

Im familar w WOTR movement trays, thats what 'inspired' my idea to seek out Litko, I prefer 5x2 for the Zulu as my units are 20 each. Litko is great but can be pricy, Im consider buying One to keep as a 'master' and just draw the rest on base wood or even pressed down foam board.
Ive all but decided 1' in. sq. bases for my Brits so they too can be used in small skirmish games if I prefer, and just standard open movement trays.

Panzer engel, you are so right. We need MORE of the 'Gunboat Diplomacy" style games at the cons. Granted I have never been able to get to any of the major conventions, i.e. Historican, Nashcon, etc. so Im sure I have missed a Lot. But I have no memory of anyone recalling that kind of game my friends have told me about.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jan 14 13 6:09 AM

rxpjks,

I like the first formation for very large, Isandlwana type battles; and the second formation would work well with a Roarke's Drift type situation.

Just my opinion. It is hard to see your figures, but they look great from a distance. Any shield work I have ever tried has not looked that good, even in a distance picture like yours. I like your base work also, simple but very functional and appropriate. The figures look great, they really stand out, placed on that color/texture base.

I have always loved a large Zulu Wars miniature game.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#50 [url]

Jan 14 13 3:47 PM

Man they both look a treat-Have to concur with Jim, depends on how/who/where you are fighting, either way they look fantastic

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#52 [url]

Jan 15 13 10:16 AM

Rxpjks,
I havent thought of that, but I like it. Ironically it brings back to memeory trying to do the same thing "many yrs" ago with some of my old 1/72 miniatures.
I have always thought "casualty markers" were an excellent an idea for Nap. or WSS types of games, where you use multi-figs per base. A marker would/should be placed each time you "loose a stand" of troops. 
While I know it generally serves no real purpose to the game itself. I think it adds to the over-all look of the game, not to mention a touch of realism to the battle field.

Just an after thought..  I miss read what you asked. I was counting "figs per stand" and for the life of me couldnt find the '2 man deep x 5 across' unit. LOL
Rxpjks, they really look great.. I just need to put on "ye ol spectacle's" before reading more often.

Oh the 'joy of getting older".  devil

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help