Remove this ad

#61 [url]

May 21 10 6:35 AM

Looks like an interesting set of re-enactment groups there.  Quite a trick that one lancer does to come off his horse.  Unfortunately its in black and white.

Are the uniforms in the short film, similar to the ones used for the current WF British?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#62 [url]

May 21 10 9:08 AM

BRITISH not English - most of the army was made up of Scots and Irish - and I thought you were American?

-16qld

Actually I am 5th (possibly 6th, as the family records have some gaps at the beginning) generation IRISH-American, well actually IRISH (and 1/4 German)-US Citizen, as anyone from North or South America is an American, and I am much more interested in my Irish heritage than my US one, even though I have had relatives fight in every US war since the Civil War (Both part of the Irish Side and the German side of my family).  As for British v English - given what the English did to my ancestors back in Ireland starting in the 12th Century (my main family ancestors were petty nobles back then) through to 1922 when my Father's Cousin left the IRA and came to the US, allow me my little fantasy ;-P  As an Historian I know the people the English sent to die in battle, both land and naval, were mostly Irish and Scots with English officers, thus making them British armies/navies.  Since even Historical Wargaming is, in part, some Fantasy as they are what-if scenarios, if I were to field an opposing army against a British one, I am going to pretend they are all English in that army just to uphold family honor ;-)   

I will admit that as my sig states I am a member of the Richard III Society, as I feel sorry for the guy - he got a really bum rap as he was not a hunch-back, nor a murderer.  Henry Tudor killed the Princes in the Tower.  I also feel sorry for John I, as the whole Robin Hood legend makes him look really bad, when in fact he was a pretty good king.  But those are conversations for another time.

John

Quote    Reply   

#63 [url]

May 21 10 8:22 PM

Remember, with Boxers you're talking Germans, Russians, USMC, and Japanese, oh my... all looking over each other's shoulders to ensure that nobody was too enthusiastic about pacifying any particular piece of China. 

-carrington

You say that like it's a bad thing....

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#64 [url]

Jun 8 10 11:20 PM

Its "kind of" unlikely that any of the, soon to be named, 3 new releases will have anything to do with the Colonial range, but has anyone heard "anything" about any progress in this area?
Just curious.

Now as for the news on the shipping error, "HI Five WF for keeping everyone informed."
No, not the kind of thing you want to hear, or to happen, but you stepped up and did what you can to compensate. Good Job.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#66 [url]

Jun 10 10 6:07 AM

I think the Afghans of the 2nd Afghan war would be good, you could use the Zulu war redcoats to fight them, and with Jezail muskets they put up a good fight!. They would also be easy to paint...

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Jul 30 10 5:17 PM

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Jul 31 10 11:03 AM

That's amazing. Who makes that?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#71 [url]

Jul 31 10 2:50 PM

That's from Paroom Station through Brigade Games...  The Cephalid Menace!

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Feb 13 11 7:42 PM

I think you may need to read some history chaps, there is only one enemy. The Bally French!

-wisefool

(Best Clouseau accent) But of COURSE!

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#76 [url]

Jun 18 11 11:10 AM

Ya know, such an offering, a "Generic Gaslight-Age Martians" set would be loads of fun and extremely useful for making ET forces for sci-fi and pulp sci-fi games alike. RPGs could benefit from such a set as well, perhaps even Call of Cthulhu fans depending upon how the cephalopods are depicted.

Here's some inspiration:

And of course my favorite cephalopods of all time:

Time for lunch!

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#77 [url]

Jul 29 11 11:29 AM

Bugs from space

or Aztecs with energy swords.

-consilience

"Aztecs w energy swords".. wasnt something to that effect done in Stargate? Except it was a staff that fired an "energy bolt".

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#79 [url]

Oct 4 11 11:04 PM

I know "War of Empires" is probably not on the front burner right now, thats clear and understandable. BUT... I for one would LOVE to hear what if any idea's your people (WF) are bouncing around as for the 'next' set in this series. "Wars of Empire" that is. Of course Natal suppport and light artillery/ rocket battery would be great additions.

Boer's, Dervish, Afghan are all great suggestions. Lets not forget our 'friends" the French and Emperial German's, both of which as I recall during this time, like the British, were busy running around playing "snatch and grab" just about anything that wasnt nailed down,from the continent of Africa to perhaps early Pacific interests.

As for the 1889 inspired ideas.. I think there cool, I loved that game. And I have to say "IF" you could find a way to pull it off.. something "like" a Humanoid with pointed ears (everyone has those so its not copying.. not really),devil  wing like skin under the arms to allow them to 'glide' for short distances.
IF you could do that.. it would be great.

But all in all, just eager to see this move forward.  
BTW  WF, best of luck with your Rising Sun series.. they look great.

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Nov 30 11 3:07 PM

I do like that imperial German and Frenchie idea, as it would really expand the scope of the series . . . And it's always fun to relive the Franco-Prussian war (if your not a Froggie, that is).

Captain Zapp Brannigan: If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help