Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 6 09 12:17 PM

Tags : :

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put something like this.

I just recently stumbled across Wargames Factory, and must say I'm impressed.  I'm used to paying Games Workshop type prices for plastic miniatures, and I'm pretty much sold already on picking up some of the British troops.  Everything on the site so far looks great, and there's definitely some up-coming items I'm considering pre-ordering a handful of sprues for.

I just have a quick question though.  Well, more of a request.  Does anyone have pictures of one of the British built, possibly painted but just built is perfectly fine, without a hat?  I was reading that the hair details are a bit flat, I'm just curious as to how they would look without it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 7 09 10:17 AM

Hi milty - the British are actually mostly bald-headed! Those were designed at a time when we were only a few months into using Freeform. Now we can design the heads and subtract the digital clay from the insides of the helmets to make more perfect fits. So any separate helmets in the future will have hair!

You can always add a bit with putty though!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 7 09 4:34 PM

That explains them being referred to as flat!  Sculpting some hair on one or two without hats is easy enough to do.  I'll be purchasing at least a few boxes of them soon, and certainly more in the future. I'm very impressed so far with your company, and looking forward to seeing what's still to come. Thank you very much.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 8 09 12:01 AM

I guess you could even try giving them heads from some other set, with hair already sculpted on them - though perhaps the ancient German hairstyles might look a bit on the wild side!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 8 09 4:00 AM

I should think some of the Celt facial hair would be too understated for the era though!

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 8 09 6:52 AM

For a commanding officer I wanted a much more prominate face. So I trimmed down the neck on a spare Eldar head I had laying around (FYI-it was a non-helmet onewink). Note that it does appear to be a bit on the over sized side, but not too bad. Of all the GW bits to combine with WF, Eldar seem the best due to their generally smaller size compared to other GW stuff.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Sep 8 09 1:02 PM

Yeah, I'll actually be using them for GW stuff.  Making a cheap infantry heavy Praetorian guard army. Though I don't play in tournies for the most part, so I'm just using styrene rods and strips to convert their weapons to bolt-action lasguns, and scratch-building special/heavy weapons, so I don't have to worry about GW scale issues. Plus I don't like the "Heroic" scale for 40K, guardsman should be smaller than fully power armored space marines, so it's a win-win for me.

That's primarily why I was asking, I'd like to have one or two without their pith hats so they can stand out a bit more within squads.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

elbows

superstar

#8 [url]

May 9 10 11:47 AM

I don't know if any of you were into GW at the time, but regarding "Orc's Drift" etc, GW put out an excellent game report in one of their WD magazines, covering just that.  They constructed a sci-fi version of the mission etc...and had it besieged with Orcs for several turns.  It was a good report, and game. 

Quote    Reply   

elbows

superstar

#11 [url]

May 10 10 11:52 AM

^Not sure, this was...a while ago.  When the Praetorian line was first released.  The range list above, sounds about right.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help