Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 31 09 9:28 AM

Tags : :

I've suggested these as a possible plastic sprue.  With dress much the same  for most of these guys and with a range of possible headhear covering anything from Huns, through Khazars, Avars, Pechenges, Magyars, Tatars and  Turkomans these would be usefcul for a whole range of Dark Age and Medieval armies from late Roman through Byzantines, Muslims and many Eastern European forces.  I'm sure these would sell to builders of many armies which had horse archers in them.  How much support is there for this?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 31 09 10:31 AM

Quiet a bit actually although I think most people who want these have bid on the Mongols, Huns or Parthians by now. Personally I'd like some so I've ordered Mongols!

"True but when you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall from Freefall freefall.purrsia.com/default.htm

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 31 09 1:53 PM

You might want to start by checking the existing entries - there are at least ones for ancient Asiatic horse archers, Mongols, Muslim cavalry, Chinese border nomads and probably a number of other ones.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 31 09 4:30 PM

Horse archers!!smile Good idea, I haven't seen minies for HAs (that I liked in several years)  I can use a box of 12 or two.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 1 10 3:34 AM

Its true there are existing entries but they individually cover only some of the possibilities - there is one for parthians/scythians, I think, another for mongols, another for . . . .  My suggestion is to have one set which, using changeable heads, is able to cover most if not all of the dark agres/medieval periods from huns to tartars and taking in geographically from seljuk turks in the east to magyars in the west.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 1 10 10:54 AM

Remember that the bulk of mongol armies weren't mongols but turks and all the other asiatic types mentioned plus bulgars pechenegs etc.  So I think a sprue with a long topcoat plus a range of heads would cover a helluvalotta ground.  The steppe pony as a sprue is an excellent idea.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 1 10 5:34 PM

I concur as well. Excellent idea it is, oh yes indeed.   Generic horse sprue(s).  Different heads/hats/helmets and sundry equipment, with generic riders. An arm that can hold a lance/spear.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jan 1 10 5:49 PM

How would a generic steppe pony differ in appearance from the currently available generic ancient pony? Would it be shaggier, have different type of reins and saddlecloth, or something else?

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jan 2 10 5:47 PM

A steppe pony "might" be shaggier. Oh great....senior moment time. Fuzzy memory, but I do believe the saddle looked different than the current one does.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 8 10 10:48 AM

One of the key things, for me anyway, will be stirrups. Skythians and Parthians will not have stirrups. Pechenegs and Mongols will. Personally i want both, ancients and medievals. I need Scythians to go alongside my Persians and i want Pechenegs and Turks as enemies and auxiliaries for my Byzantines.
I would very much favour the generic approach. differentiation by heads! I would sign up for ancients and medievals. So i will sign up for the Parthians above. Has anyone created a request for medievals generics??

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 9 10 3:39 AM

Yes, my request was specifically for dark age and medieval horse archers, avars, pechenegs, magyars, khazars, tartars and, for me, especially, seljuk turks - all with stirrups (I had forgotten about Huns though). Dont know where to vote on it though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help