Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 20 10 9:52 AM

Tags : :

I've heard that several of you jjdiffley in particular are interested in gaming the Reconquista well I don't know how many of you are aware but Hat Industries (either a French or Spanish company) known for their 1;72 plastics has branched out into 28mm and do an El Cid range heres alink to their website. http://www.hat.com/current28.html

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 20 10 2:15 PM

I looked them over.  I am "interested" in finding out more about those "28mm" minies. If other people here/wherever get them and like them...I "might" jump in too.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 21 10 2:41 AM

Actually they are there along with Almoravids who are probably a less anglicised name for "Almohads" or Moors. The thing is they are all monoposed models which I don'tlikemuch myself.

"True but when you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall from Freefall freefall.purrsia.com/default.htm

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 21 10 3:51 AM

From what I've seen from HaT, though, I'm not expecting much. Much as I do hate to malign any miniatures company - at all, when they're all doing a good thing, from what I've seen from HaT, their models tend to be single-piece, and their sculpts are rather disappointing looking. Again, I hate to be a critic, but from what I've seen their miniatures quality isn't the greatest compared to their competitors. 

Alexander Hunt. Co-author of the Warhammer Fantasy: Total Realism project. Author of Defiance: The realistic modern and future skirmish ruleset.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Aug 22 10 9:51 AM

Been there and do agree. That said...When pressed to come up with bodies I have used what I could find as unit fillers, back ranks figures. For myself it's how good they do (or don't) look on the tabletop, the battlefield.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#5 [url]

Jan 25 13 7:33 AM

Don't know much about HAT miniatures.  However, I would love to see some El Cid "reconquista" era models in plastic.  And who better to make them than WF?  I would really love to get my hands on some affordable Berbers.  Although Andalusian's and generic spanish fighters would also be nice.

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#6 [url]

Jan 25 13 5:21 PM

It's odd because I really liked the Hat 1/72's when I got back in to collecting historical figs (around 15 years ago (OMG was it really that long ago????!) I still like a lot of their stuff inc the Napoleonic and a lot their ancients.

Their 28mm stuff from what I've seen online leaves me cold however and I really think they could do so much better, I don't understand where their 28's have come from compared to the original lines they've done for 1/72's.

Hope springs eternal and I really hope they buck their ideas up.

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help