Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 14 10 9:48 PM

Tags : :

I'm very excited about the upcoming Orc figures, and I think I read a rumor that Dwarves are in the works! I suppose that there will be Elves later on as well

What fantasy races would other people like to see?

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 14 10 10:29 PM

Minotaurs and harpies would fit in with the Greek themes as enemies of Amazons and Hoplites.

I would also like to see some skeletons / undead conversion frames.

I would like some Satyrs and Centaurs to do a Narnia type good army.  There are very few available and they are mostly GW Chaos Beastmen styling.

Mick

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 14 10 10:52 PM

Centaurs would be fairly easy, the new horse sprue is going to be without any saddle or straps.  All you would need is a mini sprue or two of Centaur torsos to add to the kit.

As far as what I want.  Skeletons are at the top of my list.  A series of sprues that allow you to construct armored and partially armored skeletons.  Plenty of head options allowing you to form units of Undead Spartans, Vikings or what have you.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." - Robert E. Howard

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 15 10 1:42 AM

Centaurs and Werewolves...

"Don't try to make babies with your own roleplay character - it always ends in pain & shame" - Advice I never thought I'd have to give once, let alone TWICE!!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 15 10 4:12 AM

Werewolves...

-lachlan

Fun times

anyways I wouldnt mind snake people. Probably not marketable but not many models of them out there.

Or Japanese Oni/Spirits

Where is his will needed?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 15 10 6:05 AM

I've always wanted to see a race of werewolf types.  Perhaps clothed, armored, and armed in a viking fashion.

"I'm not dumb, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information" -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Quote    Reply   

xeno

superstar

#8 [url]

Sep 15 10 7:16 AM

Snake people wouldn't be that difficult, actually - if you have separate upper bodies, you'd just need to do a snake tail for the lower body. I could see something like that working for alien suns.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 15 10 8:12 AM

I would really like to see 9ft tall blue cat people on horses which have 6 legs...but I guess there a few IP issues to solve......................

-mickfarnworth

You and me both, Mick... there's got to be a way around this....

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 15 10 8:17 AM

OK.  Meat n' taters stuff to start:

1) Elves.  The mortal enemies of the orcs and their kin.

2) Dwarves.  See above.

3) Lesser orcs/goblins.

4) Hobgoblins.  Rather than the ubiquitous samurai-style I say we do a dedicated Chinese dynastic style complete with exotic weapons including *gunpowder* weapons like handguns and rockets and bombards.  They're opponents for the historical Chinese figures I just KNOW Tony is itching to release in great numbers (HAH!!!), as well as anyone else unlucky enough to have the hobgoblin Emperor Morg the Merciless take a fancy to their lands...

5) Trolls.  Big, ugly, absurdly muscular, with a taste of any lesser cirtter they can catch.

6)  Ogres.  As above, but different styling.

7) Minotaurs and other Greco-Roman mythological folk.

This should all make for a good start to a fleshed out fantasy world.

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Sep 15 10 10:06 AM

I find Leland's list interesting, but I'd make a few changes for my list:

1)    Orcs - Already being worked on
2)    Dwarves - Already being worked on
3)    Undead (Skeletons, Zombies, Spectres, Ghosts, Vampires, Chinese hopping Vampires, etc...)
4)    High (Grey/Eladrin/Alfar) Elves
5)    Wood Elves
6)    Giants
7)    Goblins
8)    Trolls Norse Saga style
9)    Ogres and Oni (Western and Japanese styles)
10)  Hobgoblins (English myth and Chinese style)
11)  Lizard men
12)  Were creatures (Wolves, Bears, Lions, Leopards, Rats; all in 3 stages of change: Human, Hybrid Human & Animal, Animal)
13)  Greek Myths (Harpies, Centaurs, Minotaurs, Griffins, Mermaids, Cyclops, Satyr, etc...)
14)  Celtic/English/French/Scottish/Welsh/Irish Myths (Sidhe, Bugbears, Fair Folk, Red Hats, Leprechauns, Corcacorns, Selkies, Seahorses, Water People, Tuatha De Dannan Heroes & Deities, etc..)
15)  Native American (North and South America) Myth (Flying Snakes, Sasquatch, Thunder Bird, Raven, Coyote, Skin Walkers, Spirit Animals, etc...)
16)  Dragons! (European and Oriental styles)
17)  Asian Myths (Including India and the Island Nations) (Naga, Kappa, Chinese Ghosts, Oriental Demons, Lion Dogs, Kirin, and some priests and monks to fight them [Shinto, Buddhist, Hindu, Llamas, Taoist] etc...)
18)  European Myth (Demons, Devils, Evil Witches (as much as that pains me), Frankenstein style monsters, Sorcerers, Evil Grave Diggers & Necromancers, Black Mass Priests and followers, etc...)
19)  African Myths (Spider, Witch Doctors, Animal People, etc... [sorry I am not up on African myth as much as I should be])
20)  Haitian Myths (Vooduin, Possessed people, Voodoo Zombies, etc...)
21)  Literary myths/characters (Conan, Sherlock Holmes & Dr Watson, Tarzan, Solomon Kane, Bran Mak Morn, Kull of Atlantis, Capt Nemo; and people/things for them to battle: Jack the Ripper, Spring-heel Jack, Thak the Ape Man, Baal-Pteor, anything remotely Cthulhu-Mythos like, etc...)

As you can see this is a long list =D  I made sure that some, if not most, over-lap, so a nice mix-and-match could be done, and by doing one set could cover various ideas (Centaurs for example, or Dragons).

Thoughts & Opinions always welcome =)

John

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Sep 15 10 11:09 AM

i think a few minisprues of beastman heads (wolf, cat, lizard, dunkelfish, demon(oni)), a half dozen differently stylized shields (tribal tattoo, spiky, dragonscale, turtle, angular, egyptian), and a few minisprues of beastman arms (hair/claws, oversized hair/claws, scaled/claws, tentacles) would be a low investment (<1 "regular sprue") way to provide lots of options fantasy quickly, especially if you sold sets of the ancient/dark ages body sprues without head/weapon sprues.

then stylized torso/weapon sets could follow based on demand.

if the heads and arms were a little large (105-115% human) they would still look good on the truescale torsos ('coz, hey, they're beastmen), and would work later on larger sized torsos for big elite/leader/hero figures ('coz with animals, the big ones are in charge), and, of course, also work on shocktroops/other scifi guys as alien races.

with great power comes great irresponsibility.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Sep 15 10 11:32 AM

i think a few minisprues of beastman heads (wolf, cat, lizard, dunkelfish, demon(oni)), a half dozen differently stylized shields (tribal tattoo, spiky, dragonscale, turtle, angular, egyptian), and a few minisprues of beastman arms (hair/claws, oversized hair/claws, scaled/claws, tentacles) would be a low investment (<1 "regular sprue") way to provide lots of options fantasy quickly, especially if you sold sets of the ancient/dark ages body sprues without head/weapon sprues.
then stylized torso/weapon sets could follow based on demand.
if the heads and arms were a little large (105-115% human) they would still look good on the truescale torsos ('coz, hey, they're beastmen), and would work later on larger sized torsos for big elite/leader/hero figures ('coz with animals, the big ones are in charge), and, of course, also work on shocktroops/other scifi guys as alien races.

-sagh

those beastmen heads would be perfect with the zulu bodies sprue

Moooogheeeee !!!

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Sep 15 10 11:35 AM

I've been looking at various wolf and werewolf minatures for my Angmar army.  Maybe a beastman sprue with a variety of head and arm options?

I've always wanted to see a race of werewolf types.  Perhaps clothed, armored, and armed in a viking fashion.

-stonewall115

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." - Robert E. Howard

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Sep 15 10 11:42 AM

I just watched the Mantic Zombie Video.  Mantic ghouls and zombies have seperate heads, legs and torsos.  All parts are interchangable.

I realised that if you do the heads, torsos and legs seperately, you can do all sorts of fauns, satyrs, beastmen, werewolves and other lycanthropes with very few parts. 

As sagh suggests, you could also convert Shock Troops to "beast" races.

Mick

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Sep 15 10 1:48 PM

totally do Victorian werewolves they are on  the leading edge of what is popular today that is going to be played out tomorrow 

for those not paying attention here is a list of subculture trends that have become or are very near to becoming played out

elves
zombies
vampires
cthulhu (currently peaking about to start decent)
Victorian steam punk werewolves 

I'm here just ignoring my other projects like, www.seedrpg.com www.papercrafted.com and www.tylertinsley.com

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Sep 15 10 4:24 PM

I think you're wrong about Zombies Tyler. Zombies are fairly consistent over the last 30+ years with a high interest level and lots of various media.

You also have the new TV series based on The Walking Dead comic coming this fall and World War Z with Brad Pitt sometime in the next couple years. I hear Howard Whitehouse has a breakout kid's novel coming soon too! ;-)

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Sep 15 10 4:39 PM

for those not paying attention here is a list of subculture trends that have become or are very near to becoming played out
cthulhu (currently peaking about to start decent)

-tyler

yeah, but we'll be back again in another 10000 years ...

with great power comes great irresponsibility.

Quote    Reply   

superstar

#20 [url]

Sep 15 10 4:48 PM

Where wolf.

There wolf.

There castle.

But otherwise I'm flexible.

That's like hypnotizing chickens...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply