Remove this ad
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#2 [url]

Dec 29 12 6:28 AM

Yep..  its a bit late but I have to say.
While the 'numidian' lower torso (legs) do look just a bit too wide at the hips, over all it works. I have always thought the "skirt" for the Amazons simply looked better.
But that was / is just my opinion.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#4 [url]

Dec 30 12 1:40 PM

Captainmathias

I just wanted to add, I think you did a really nice job on building the Amazons mini's 'as' Amazons, but I really admire your and so many others "out there" for your enthusiasm for customizing.
Well Done to all, and please keep up the good work.

Now as for the amazons and conversions again..
I had even 'wondered'.. ( boy must have been really tired LOL)  "what if I used ..paper? and tried to create that 'skirt' look?"  To those who may suggest "green stuff", Thank You my friends, but trust me..  "Me + Green Stuff" thats no way to treat a mini. LOL

Just FYI, I 'considered' doing the same w, Zulu's. Just printing out a small section of paper with stripes or dotted BW. Then try to cut and wrap it around the mini. The idea was from images I have seen of some of Xerxes Afrcian warriors. Of which were said to have worn "animal skins", as opposed to the very basic loin cloth of the Zulu. More research will be done of course if I decide to to do this.. to find out more precisely "what" animals (lion, zebra, leopard). Again if.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 30 12 6:51 PM

Hey, she can lead my WSS/ECW/P&S pikemen. I took the twelve (free style) bodies in the infantry box and "converted" them to pikemen. They do fit in and look like more of the boys. The long jackets are "okay". The floppy hats on the sprues do fit right in.

The bonus is the 24 dudes marching along with fixed bayonets. There are enough floppy hats for them too. They can stand-in for more 30YW troops OR late Pike and Shotte era troops with plug bayonets....well...."off set" plugs anywaydevil

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#6 [url]

Dec 31 12 5:37 AM

I have always thought the "skirt" for the Amazons simply looked better. But that was / is just my opinion.

-jack

I totally agree.   It is the middrift and bikini bottoms that make me resistant to an Amazon purchase.  I have three daughters and I don't want to have an army of scantly clad "fantasy armoured" females in the house. As for the Numidian skirt, I really like it -  Good Work!

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#7 [url]

Dec 31 12 10:25 PM

Yea, I dont want to sound like some "old spoiled sport" and I know yes.. "they are just plastic toys", but I also agree with Bryon's point as a father (which I have never had the privilege of being). Granted overall I love the entire amazon idea, but their 'uniforms' per say, fall just short of the cliche' "Hot Chics with Guns" mini's that I found.. "amusing", but never spent a single dime on.

Also strictly from a "Military" point.. being a Warrior society, the Amazons would have known, "protect the soft spots of the body", in this case the chest (heart-lungs) and abdomen (intestines 'big target' - very soft spot).
I can over look the mid section "fax pas", if I could just figure out a way to get the "skirt" look.. within my modeling skill.  Im doomed LOL.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Jan 1 13 10:33 AM

For my hot chicks with guns minis I am going to paint the legs black or blue to represent pants so they won't be quite so bad, but its harder to pull that off in their supposed time.  One can make cloth or other 'soft' bits by soaking tissue or cheesecloth in a mix of 50/50 white glue and water and then applying to the model, somebody had a tutorial here where they were doing hoods a while back.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 1 13 3:57 PM

And historically speaking a number of ancient civilizations including my maternal Celtic ancestors had a habit of going into battle *nekkid* as Joe Bob Briggs would say, so go figure... I'm working on my first batch of Amazons ala the chariot-mounted op-for from Gladiator, and will post some pix when I get them done... now I just need some really nice four-horse scythed chariots...

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jan 1 13 4:59 PM

Hey Jack and all. Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I havent had much call to make "armies" as my gaming group mostly plays RPGS and board games. Though we may play some 40k in the future...And My son has still expressed interest at playing at some point.  So mostly I buy minis to chop up and make new stuff with, or for RPGs...

As far as the amazons, Yeah the leather strips bikini is my least favorite part. I love everything else about them, even the heads which i think is what i normally dont like about WF models. I wish the boxes had included more bare heads, and some other suff like cloaks/capes or other "officer" items...

I ordered a box of the WSS artillery and a box of the zombie vixens so I will see what I can make with that...

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#12 [url]

Jan 1 13 7:25 PM

*Jerepp
I recall the tutorial your talking about, but not the exact thread. Im sure its in the modeling list, probably pretty 'far down' the list by now though.

And now for something completely different.

historically speaking a number of ancient civilizations...  had a habit of going into battle *nekkid*....  -luoshangzhi

OH Thank You for 'that' mental image *Luoshangzhi  lol

I'm working on my first batch of Amazons ala the chariot-mounted op-for from Gladiator, and will post some pix when I get them done...

Now thats something Im looking forward to seeing.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 2 13 5:06 AM

*JereppI recall the tutorial your talking about, but not the exact thread. Im sure its in the modeling list, probably pretty 'far down' the list by now though. And now for something completely different. OH Thank You for 'that' mental image *Luoshangzhi  lol Now thats something Im looking forward to seeing.

-jack

Found the link 

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#14 [url]

Jan 2 13 9:02 AM

Thanks Jerepp, "Yep that looks liker", as we say down here.

Now dont 'none'a yall laugh'. Your in for a surprise come judgement day when Gabriel pulls up to the 'Pearly Gates' in s 4 x 4 and hollers back to the truck bed..

"Ok you fellers get out, an head on up to the big house. I'll be there d'rectly."   

Thanks again Jerepp, I never did get the hang of 'inserting a Link' into the post section here. Yea I was the slow one in class. lol.
That tutorial reminds me of that  "WF ONLY"  Undead army (forgive the pun).. Im dying to make.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help