Vote for it here: http://www.wargamesfactory.com/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=121320

Discuss...

Wargames Factory Customer Service

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 23 11 4:45 PM

The link leads to the Female knights... Or my browser is jacked... I want this set... but cant see having the need for many unless WF creates a fantsy miniature game that has a werewolf army? But I would definately want 1 or 2 boxes...

Quote    Reply   

superstar

#2 [url]

Aug 24 11 11:39 AM

Cut and paste the link--don't follow it.  Or follow it and change the last two numbers of the Ka-niggits to 20 (from 19).

I won't pre-order (for reasons of my own), but I will be watching this space with interest.

That's like hypnotizing chickens...

Quote    Reply   

superstar

#5 [url]

Aug 29 11 4:48 PM

After re-reading the proposal, I would have to add my assent that there be unique poses for each WW.  Although I might take it a smidge further.

With these being large-bodied creatures (40mm or a 50mmx75mm base) I think that the possibility exists to try something a bit different.  It's quite common now-a-days for creatures of about that size to be made from left and right halves...like the way the horses have been made.  I don't think it would work for the entire set, but would make an excellent way to provide variation (and keep in line with the reference).  Say, perhaps three L & R torsos to mix and match into nine basic "galloping" poses.

From that point, you (well, OK, "I") would want to be able to make some standing poses to give a bit more diversity and be able to single out a few models as more likely candidates for Alpha-status.  I'm not entirely sure how that could work.  You could use the more conventional torso/legs division, or you experiment with a more modern front-half/back-half (or similar variation).

A fair number of different heads will also be necessary (at least four, six would be better).  It's easy to think that just one or two will be necessary, but I'd really like to see more.  One to look like it's baying (only one per box--two at the most, it's an easy thing to over-do), others with their ears up or back (maybe one up and one to the side), and maybe two heads with their tongue lolling (one to each side). 

I wonder if the heads couldn't be done left-side/right-side as well, and if that would be an improvement or a huge PITA.  The baying head would only fit together one way, and it would be weird to have heads with the tongue lolling out both sides of the mouth.  Maybe a way to do the top and back of the head with the lower jaw as its own piece?  I've got too many ideas on how to handle that--and no way of telling if any of them would work.

And for more inspiration, I always recommend Ron Spencer's werewolf art.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#6 [url]

Aug 30 11 10:13 AM

"Pinky...."    First off I respect your opinions and agree this could be a really cool set to have but as you pointed out,,it could do with a bit more variation rather that just pre-cast "various pose's" as out lined by Mr. Cooke's original submission.

However, I think going with the "half and half" split down the middle body idea, not to mention the head in 2 parts ,is just going way too complicated for something this straight forward. I think this could make the entire process molding and scultping, more complex.. and possibly more costly in the long run.

I respectfully submit an alternative, Im sure some will think this may make it too simple, Im hopping the majority will simply see it as a "happy medium".

For simplicty.. Mr. James Cooke, I suggest we stay with your original idea of about 12 pre-cast "torsos", but no arms or heads.
For variety... a total of 24 seperate arms, these will be kept simple all the same basic pose (slightly bent, hands open claws extended). This would allow us to pose the arms at any angle desired to allow for greater variation in pose.

The same for the 12 heads, maybe 2 or 3 extra (Pinky made a few really good suggestions on alternate heads), but generally all heads one piece with the jaw open. Again this would allow the head to be turned as desired.

IMHO this would provide both simplicity in the manufacturing, as well as the actual building of the miniature and allow for greater versatitily in "how" they are built.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Sep 1 11 6:02 AM

I think that there are a lot of people who would like to get some Werewolves of the style referenced above. Probably the reason why none of the miniature companies are currently producing a large set of werewolves is that there are few customers who need an army of 300 werewolves. There are a lot of people who need 7 or 8 werewolves and a substantial number of people who want a warband of about 30 werewolves. You do not have the type of market demand that you would have for something like French line soldiers from the Napoleonic area where one person might need hundreds and hundreds of them to complete an army.

So how many different werewolf miniatures poses do you need? Should the set contain enough peices to build 30 different variations of werewolves? Probably 15 variations would satisfy the demand of most of the customers IMHO.

Quote    Reply   

superstar

#8 [url]

Sep 1 11 9:41 PM

Oh, I'm just spit-balling, jack.  Sometimes good ideas come from that.  The problem is that the rest of the ideas usually aren't so hot.    It should also be remembered that I'm one of those nuts that would (eventually) want a 100 figure army of lycanthropes.  Even if I never actually use them for anything other than collecting dust.

I actually thought that the L/R style would lend itself to a certain amount of both variation and ease of assembly.  Maybe not so much with the heads, but with the bodies.  We've been building horses like that since the 90s!  It just seemed like such an easy way to vary the horde.

Unfortunately, the more I think about this (potential) set, the more complicated I make it--and trust me, if there's someone that can over-complicate an issue it's me! 

Quote    Reply   

superstar

#10 [url]

Sep 8 11 7:40 PM

http://fobiapharmer.deviantart.com/

His Deviant Art page.  That should give you a pretty good feel for his style.  I always enjoy the Full Moon Offerings that he puts up.  According to one of the wiki's I ran across, he's withdrawn a bit and his production has dropped since the death of his wife.

I had the privilege of meeting him once at a M:tG event in Lincoln, Nebraska.  He was very down to earth and very patient with us all (but I was a fan of his work before that).  The tattoo on my right arm is what it is because of him!  He's done a great deal of M:tG, White Wolf games (Vampire, Werewolf, and Wraith for certain), and work for D&D.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help