Vote for it here: http://www.wargamesfactory.com/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=121322

Discuss...

Wargames Factory Customer Service

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Aug 23 11 5:55 PM

Good idea this is,oh yes. I would like to see some Conquistadors cavalry too.

Yes I did preorder the foot.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#3 [url]

Aug 25 11 4:16 PM

I'd really love to see this set come to life. Of course if you do, then you've all but committed yourself to do civilizations of the 'very' early America's. Let's face it, you can't mention the Conquistadors and not think of the Aztecs and such.
Well let's just hope for the best and see what happens.grin

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 25 11 4:39 PM

I would love some plastic Aztecs... I thought i had found some once (listed at 25mm) but it turns out they were 1/72... The looked like little dangerous children next to my other minis... I even thought of buying the WF zulu set and some lizardmen arm bits and converting aztecs... still might but I would rather have proper aztecs...

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#5 [url]

Aug 25 11 10:46 PM

I even thought of buying the WF zulu set and some lizardmen arm bits and converting aztecs... still might but I would rather have proper aztecs...

-captainmathias

Interesting thought. GW lizardmen sets do have some very interesting weapons, its pretty clear what they were drawing on when they came up with this set.
I dont know about using the "arm bits" though. I know it would mean more work, but IMHO you would end up with a better look if you cut away the "lizard" parts and used just the weapons, shields and such.

Again, would be interesting to see how that kind of conversion worked out.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Sep 22 11 4:07 AM

plastic aztecs are pretty much the ONLY way you could make a proper aztec army unless you have the inside scoop on the economy springing back anytime soon.   And yes, once you think of conquistadors you immediately think of the new world, a mostly untapped game genre.    
     Conquistadors are a good start into this because the figures would also be useful (at least parts of the figures) to medieval, renesceance (sp), and even napoleonic gamers.    The malleability of the torsos and arms almost tempt one not to label it with the big 'C' word, if it was called ' European Infantry 1450-1500 with Spanish Helmets' the same set could be marketed to a new audience, haha.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#7 [url]

Sep 22 11 11:43 AM

WF, you might want to seriously consider this idea.

plastic aztecs are pretty much the ONLY way you could make a proper aztec army ...
Conquistadors are a good start...   the figures would also be useful...   to medieval, renesceance (sp), and even napoleonic gamers.     ...if it was called ' European Infantry 1450-1500...   the same set could be marketed to a new audience, haha.

-bizzlesnach

I think this could help the marketability of this set. While I have not yet done it, but "when" you (WF) begin researching the Conquistadors, along with the 'standard' Spanish Conquistador helmet, I strongly urge you to research the next "most common"  helmet, cap, or head cover if you will, of european armies of this time period.
With this information, at the least add that "other" most common helmet of the time. This alone will give gamers a reason to pause and think..
"hmmm, just like that great WSS set. I basicallly have either of two (or more) armies in just one set. Ok I have to have this set!"

See.. its working already.  devil

But seriously, it may be possible by just adding one, or if you can.. two "helmet' options in addition to the Conquistador helmet. You may open a much wider market door here.

Oh well in for a penny in for a pound..  might I suggest the box could be marketed something like this.
"Conquistadors
And european infantry of middle 14th to the 15th century."

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 23 11 3:42 AM

They could call it whatever they wished, and not every conquistador had the high sloped helmet anyway, so some variation is to be expected.    I DO like the idea of having an entirely alternate set of heads, though, this would really put that set on the 'map' so to speak.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#9 [url]

Sep 27 11 10:45 PM

They could call it whatever they wished, ...   having an entirely alternate set of heads, though, this would really put that set on the 'map' so to speak.

-bizzlesnach

Yea "Tomato" - "Tomaah-to". Because if WF can't find or see at the least a reasonable market potential, then none of us are going to see any of these.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 28 11 10:12 AM

I agree with you entirely.  I can almost smell the wicks burning on the matchlocks already!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help