Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 23 11 7:39 AM

Tags : :

This idea may be floating around here already.  I have always thought that one of the perfect candidates for the "plastic treatment" is the Ottoman Turkish army in the horse and musket period.

The dress of the various types is fairly simple, at least for the squaddies.  The army is colorful and not extremely ornate, thus not very difficult to paint.  Ottomans are the universal enemy of Russians, Cossacks, Spaniards, Italians, and Austrians -- and somebody I know I missed.  AND, a gamer will want a very large army.  A very large army.  This, plastic is the perfect medium.

What say you?

Bob Potter

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#1 [url]

Sep 23 11 10:16 AM

Your probably right Potter511,  I think someone 'did' make the suggestion, but none the less, such an army that opposed so many other nations, would make a great "antagonist" force for this series.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Nov 10 11 3:43 AM

I'd agree and my Turks fight my Poles as well as the armies you mentioned. If the basic infantry were done so that they could carry sword/spear or musket then they would cover several centuries.
Interested

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#3 [url]

Nov 10 11 1:38 PM

I'd agree and my Turks fight my Poles as well as the armies you mentioned. If the basic infantry were done so that they could carry sword/spear or musket then they would cover several centuries.  Interested

-perkunios 

I have a limited knowledge of this period, and (laughing).. less of the Turkish forces. It seems I do recall, there are enough 'differences" in the uniforms, head gear and pants specifically, that the WSS "Generic" set, just wont do them justice.

*Perkunios makes a great point..  if the uniforms actually changed little over a long period of time, then perhaps just having the  "sword, spear AND musket", options and of course a variety of head options (WF trademark if you will) this set could easily help promote not just the "Horse & Musket" but perhaps even the British Colonial period.

Please, those who are more up on their "Uniform" history help me out on this. As for the British uniform, from the Indian Mutiny to the Zulu wars to the Crimean.. it didnt really change all that much or did it?

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help