Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 3 12 2:48 PM

Tags : :

My name is Stefano, first of all thank you for my admission to this forum. I am born in Milan - Italy. I like miniature soldiers since I was child and now I am 47 and still like them a lot. I have been painting them for 20 years since when my wife provoked myself with a 1/72 soldier box gift. They were romans so I started to love romans (even if I am from Milan!). I am also fond of european ancient history. Actually I am more a painter and collector than a war gamer. I use to play sometimes with friends but I am not very patient with rules.  My expectations and hopes here is to find somebody to discuss about miniature painting and ancient history. My favorite ancient period is punic wars. This is also due to ancient Hannibal stories (almost legend) told to me by my grand father. In fact my original land is near the Trebia valley where in III century before Christ an important battle took place and from that event some romans fugitives found my grand father's town or better 'oppidum'. So I have more than one reason to like studying and painting miniatures of that historic period.  I like also the celts who lived in those territories in III century BC and who belonged to the insubres tribes. That's all and I hope not to have bored you so much. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 3 12 6:18 PM

Welcome Stefano!  There are lots of great painters on here, and most seem to like history, so you should find lots of discussion.  I like Romans, but more of the late Republic (mostly because that is what wargames factory started with).  Nice to have someone on here from Italy!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help