Wargames Factory Customer Service

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#1 [url]

May 2 12 5:34 AM

I for one would love to see these!  Troops whose primary weapons are hammers? Every Skeletons worst nightmare. grin Now I'm confident WF would 'NOT' do this, but.. I have to say it anyway.

As long as 'their' Dwarf's, are simply very stocky, slightly shorter but 'Properly Proportioned' men, as it were, it could be great.
I think many long term gamers recall some of the very early Dwarf figures out there on the market, they were little more than metal/plastic one piece -blobs- with helmets and hammers or pickaxe (another great weapon option). But they lacked the look of any 'real human' character.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 2 12 6:37 AM

jack,

PLEASE!! One thing I am 100% sure of is IF the WF design team makes dwarf figures they will be works of art, not blobs!

I do agree with you on very short, stout, very humanoid type figures. When I mentioned dwarf figures in the warehouse I noticed all the boxes of orc figures started to shudder and shack! The orc figures vote 'no dwarf figures' is my best guess. 

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 2 12 6:53 AM

Everyone,

I must say Christopher has submitted a very detailed description for the dwarf figures listed above. With our WF orc figures this could be a very fun addition for everyone. There are also options to use the dwarfs as roll playing figures.

At my most recent miniatures convention the Persian sample sprues were of great interest to RPG crowd. (Roll Playing Gamers). This could a great way to attach new miniatures gamers. Christopher lists a leader figure, and other options which could be of interest to Roll Playing Gamers that you may know.

It is just my thought anyway.

What does everyone think?

Jim

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#4 [url]

May 2 12 9:55 AM

PLEASE!! One thing I am 100% sure of is IF the WF design team makes dwarf figures they will be works of art, not blobs! -jim_goss

Speaking 'very' calmly to Jim...
"Do WE feel better now? Lets remember our "Happy Place Jim." 
No no..not the happy place they wanted me to 'visit' with the white walls and the welcome committe that wanted my belt and shoe laces.

But seriously.. WF Dwarf's... Now your talking 'double duty'! Great for wargaming.. and Yes, you'll have some real option's for making  "individual Characters" for RPGs.
I have learned from this Forum, a few dedicated, campaign players, have even kept "history records" of some of their characters exploits. Thats Dedication to a Character.
Orc's heck.. I got my mind on that undead army of my dreams (yes it WILL be a WF army, I MAY have mentioned it a time or Fifty lol.. 
ORCs, SKELE's and UNDEAD:  Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid.   Dwarfs are NUTS.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 2 12 11:49 AM

I don't do much with Dwarves but I'd be interested in seeing the sprues if they ever get made.  I would be one of those who would purchase some for RP purposes, especially the Bear Rider versions.

No worries. {^_^}

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#6 [url]

May 2 12 11:53 AM

Dwarfs are my favorite fantasy race.  I admit I'm one of those guy's that likes the range produced by Mantic and I've purchased lots of them already.. However, a 2nd clan of dwarfs would be sweet!

Would love more Axes though, the Mantic stunties don't have enough of them.

On the RPG side, My first D&D character was a Dwarf called Haggas McHammer... 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#7 [url]

May 2 12 2:21 PM

Dwarfs are my favorite fantasy race.   ,,,I've purchased lots of them already.. However, a 2nd clan of dwarfs would be sweet!
Would love more Axes though, the Mantic stunties don't have enough of them. -bryon31

Reminds me a bit of the great.. "Whats the best Dwarf weapon?" debate.
As for "Haggas", I take it, "his favorite meal and weapon of choice" aren't exactly a national secret. LOL

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#8 [url]

May 2 12 2:38 PM

I don't do much with Dwarves but I'd be interested in seeing the sprues if they ever get made.  I would be one of those who would purchase some for RP purposes, especially the Bear Rider versions.

-girot

OH man I would love to see some sprues.. but we still have a 'wee bit to go laddie'.  devil
Hey, I'd love to see if they have any 'renders' that could be put up. I still recall the Dwarven hammer 'speculation' render that was posted. Very Nice.
I have to say in all honesty for myself, I dont see me buying any Dwarf 'riders' of any kind. When I think of the Dwarven race, I think of short, hearty people, where endurance is expected and other than 'pack animals' or wagons for goods/ supplies they prefer to just walk.

But if it got on the market or when I talk to RPG / Fantasy gamers, I will certainly advise anyone interested to check WF site and be heard on the LAUL.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 2 12 9:44 PM

Dwarves with two-handed war hammers? Goblin Squishers!

Leland R. Erickson, Evil-Genius-at-Large "Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 3 12 4:13 AM

Everyone,

I am only seeing this submission at the 2% level on the L&U! 

This is interesting giving the great ideas and usages I see above.

Please remember to vote, and tell your friends who are interested, as well as make comments here. 

Any comments made here will not register on the L & U site.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#11 [url]

May 3 12 6:52 AM

As for "Haggas", I take it, "his favorite meal and weapon of choice" aren't exactly a national secret. LOL

-jack

Giant rat with mammy’s secret hot n' sweet sauce was his favorite dish. But yeah, he really liked to smash stuff so hammers were his go to weapons of choice. 

As for Dwarven weapons any dwarf with half a nut would go with a shield + hammer, axe, flail, mace, or morningstar. It’s ok for a dwarf to have a dagger or shortsword but only as a secondary weapon or in cases of tunnel fighting. A Dwarf with a flimsy sword (scimitar, katana, and rapier are the worst) is a disgrace to his ancestors, but a good broadsword is ok.

Acceptable two-handed weapons are Mauls, Greataxes, and greatclubs. 

As for polearms, I don't really see a dwarf using one; they like to get up close and personal. There is not a better sound to the dwarven ear than the squeal made by an Orc that just took a hammer to his babymaker. That joy is stripped by weapons that put you out of reach.

For ranged weapons, dwarves use crossbows and shortbows ('course they just call them bows) but prefer a good throwing hammer or axe, preferring the thud sound made by these weapons when they hit something fleshy.

As for armor, they would wear the heavy stuff on their heads and shoulders. The rest of their bodies would be protected by something light and flexible; studded leather or chain. Why over protect areas that are not terribly exposed to enemies to begin with (most enemies are taller than dwarves and it would be impractical for them to aim for the legs when the dwarfs head is sitting there like a ball on a tee, you know you’d be equally tempted by the opportunity).

Dwarves don’t ride anything so get that harebrained notion out of your head. There are two reasons for this. One; Dwarves don’t ride things. And two; sitting in a saddle is a painful affair for a dwarf because their legs are too short. Would you like to be in the split position whilst riding anything?

As you can see I’ve not put much thought into this, but I am more than capable of going off on a rant for no reason whatsoever. Perhaps that’s why I’m so partial to the dwarven folk.

Put my vote in. Only trouble I have with the submission is the one eye theme.. it seems too specific to make the set appeal to everyone.  I'd leave iconography off for a wider customer base. Of course I assume the symbols would be easy enough to remove in either case love the idea of eyepatches on a dwarf. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help