Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 2 12 6:12 PM

Tags : :

pics a bit gloomy wrong side of the work table for the best light..for the Maurice Project ..Bavarian and Kolnischer cavalry , and some individuals I put together for fun 

By conrad_hawkwood at 2012-07-02

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 3 12 3:41 AM

Nice, 'tis a pity the horses don't have a better joint between neck and body - having the same problem myself.

What's the character at front right of the first photo up to, looks as though he has a club in his right hand...  

Keep up the good work.

Jim M. Life is not a rehearsal.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 13 12 8:25 PM

Nice, 'tis a pity the horses don't have a better joint between neck and body - having the same problem myself.
What's the character at front right of the first photo up to, looks as though he has a club in his right hand...  [image]
Keep up the good work.

-russian_james

I agree.

I use Testors Plastic Cement. I fill those horses neck gaps by appling a hobby knife tip of Testors into the gap after the neck/horse is (almost) dry. After the cement is almost dry I smooth it out with the hobby knife tip

Practice improves the way it looks when it's done and painted over.wink

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#8 [url]

Dec 15 12 4:47 PM

Nice, 'tis a pity the horses don't have a better joint between neck and body -   Keep up the good work. -russian_james

I can see IF (when) I finally start getting WSS sets, Im definetly going to have to brush up on my "green stuff" or "epoxy" work. I have always felt, it would have also been a great benefit if there were even one 'tab' on one of the horses feet to make basing them an easier task. But no one can argue the final results, especially *Conradhawkwoods.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#10 [url]

Dec 27 12 5:10 PM

I don't greenstuff much.My conversions involve heating  bits of sprue

-conradhawkwood

Fire & Plastic. mmmmm "warm" memories of my childhood. 
No.. No.. Jacks a bad monkey.. we dont set Mr Racing Car on fire.. "JUST BECAUSE!"
"But mom.. he crashed." crying

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Dec 27 12 6:28 PM

I am getting ready to paint up two units by the book. Cuffs, buttons and whatever. THAT said...The pikes are almost painted up to be mixed into ECW/30 Years War units.  I plan to fight island colonial battles against pirates OR start  getting into yet another period.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#12 [url]

Dec 27 12 11:40 PM

Crazyharborc
I look fwd to seeing your "WIP" on thie project. I must admit, I 'blame' a dvd series entitled "Battlefield Britain", produced by the History Channel on much of my new found interest on the ECW.
One dvd in particular, borrowed from our public library covered a couple of battles during the ECW, and I have to say between the use of re-enactors and modern wargame CGI technology, the look of the massed pike units were very impressive. I must also give credit to other gamers 'out there' who have posted their ECW "battle reports" online as well.

I do wish that WF did have a 'mini sprue' for extra parts.. few more legs (lower torso's) of course, but also more pikes just for such a "time" conversion as it were.

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#13 [url]

Dec 28 12 6:40 AM

Fire & Plastic. mmmmm "warm" memories of my childhood. 
No.. No.. Jacks a bad monkey.. we dont set Mr Racing Car on fire.. "JUST BECAUSE!"
"But mom.. he crashed."

-jack

I used to do the same thing to my GI Joes. 

"But mom... he was killed by a flame thrower."

LOL

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help