Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#21 [url]

Aug 21 12 1:40 AM

Jim,

I hope that my comments were not read as any sort of 'berating' (or god forbid insult) to the work your team put into this set. It was as I said, "just MHO" nothing more. If "anyone" at WF thought other wise, my appologies.

While my main interest has been "Wars of the Empire", I too agreed there could or should be more females among the Zed's. As a customer of WF, I am very pleased to know WF " is " paying attention to the wants of their customers; i.e. producing this set was a very wise business move.
I think I was expecting something in the way of a "sequel", a Zombie 2 if you will, a set that was 50/50 (min) male and female or even 40/60 respectively.
A last thought on the Zombie subject, I know this 'wont' be produced because Im certain it would 'hit' only a very small market, and not be worth the investment to WF. However it would be GREAT, if they did have a set of Undead - dead (casualty) markers. Perhaps 2 or 3 peices premolded as you say, in the form of a wall of 'piled up bodies'.

As for the Apocalypse Survivors, Im confident its not a question of 'if", but simply 'when' they get them out.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Aug 25 12 2:34 AM

@ mudgunner, did rent dead island for a few nights ha ha great fun. Chose melle character smacking zeds with anything to hand. Any more new vehicles?   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its a bug planet its an ugly planet

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Aug 25 12 4:58 AM

jack,

Please, no worries on any offense taken. 

Sorry for the slow response here. I was the luck one, my plane/airport time on Monday from GenCon was only 17 hrs. Francis was nearly double that air travel time, and poor Daisy & Paul were 2 days returning to Colorado and Utah via truck.

I always consider all comments here on our forums as an opportunity for additional insights at the very least. In most cases I have found our forum members to be insightful, thought provoking, knowledgeable, and very helpful to name a very few of their many qualities. Jack, you especially fall into this category.

Often I will also wait to respond based on my interest in hearing other forum members views before I respond.

Thank you for your many helpful thoughts and suggestions.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Aug 25 12 8:02 AM

I am really looking forward to getting some Vixens. My only complaint (and this applies pretty equally to all the recent WF releases) is the lack of inclusive base that the older sets have. I never liked applying glue directly to the feet of a mini then sticking them to a base. I prefer to have much more of a contact point. But this will not stop me from collecting future sets from WF.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#25 [url]

Aug 25 12 8:18 AM

Jim,
Thank you, Im glad to know that.
Now, 17 hrs flight time huh? Well considering the current airport security measures (which I TOTALLY understand)  I have to say.. I think considering how "detailed' shall we say, some of those searches can get, I think I would have rather have spent 2 days riding with Daisy and Paul in the truck. LOL

Tinyminis
I have to agree in point with you. While as a rule Im not the biggest fan of gluing "flat feet' onto a base, I have never cared for the much more effective "slot" bases either. It made for a less than appealing finised look.
I think a 'happy medium' would be something as simple as a 'single tab' on one foot of each miniature and a small hole in the base.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Aug 26 12 4:26 AM

A tab or plug under the foot is good, but only if the base comes with a hole already drilled out. I don't mind making the hole for a handful of figures. But when we are talking about dozens to hundreds of figures, well that just gets to be more effort then I have time to spend on them.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#27 [url]

Aug 26 12 8:21 AM

A tab or plug under the foot is good, but only if the base comes with a hole already drilled out. I don't mind making the hole for a handful of figures. But when we are talking about dozens to hundreds of figures, well that just gets to be more effort then I have time to spend on them.-tinyminis

Well Lord.. who does? Or would want to?
I was refering to the WSS Cav.
Standing, advancing, not that big a deal to glue a 'flat' foot to a flat base, marching, charging.. thats all together different.
Then the angle of the horse' feet, omg.. all but impossible and certainly frustrating. That was what first sparked my suggestion, even when the Cav first came out.

Quote    Reply   

macasm

superstar

#29 [url]

Aug 26 12 5:19 PM

I never glue flat feet to a base, I always pin. Making holes for all those figures is a small price, or amount of time to pay especially when, and it is when, a figure takes a dive from the table top to the floor.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Aug 27 12 6:51 AM

Mac,

If you are pinning figures to bases, have you tried using a slightly larger pin than hole size so you can remove the figure? (Maybe 1/16? smaller, or even less difference, on the base drill hole?)

I was just thinking that for the "coet" zombie scenario where the figures, as they die, are left ON the table, pinning should work well. With a 'removable' figure pinned to a base the base is then detached, and viola, you have your casualty on the battlefield.

Has anyone tried this system?

Jim

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Aug 27 12 6:09 PM

Hm. Liking everything about them but the name. I'll be getting a couple of boxes when they make it over this side of the pond.

"Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein. . ."

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#32 [url]

Aug 28 12 5:49 AM

When this set was first announced I was less than thrilled. Then the figures were shown and they are very nice. I began wondering what the heck do I need female zombies for.  Last night I had an epiphany.  I realized "WHOA" more than half the world’s population is female; of course there should be female zombies. I’m sure most of you already came to this conclusion, I’m just a little slow on the uptake. 

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#33 [url]

Aug 28 12 10:30 AM

Last night I had an epiphany.  I realized "WHOA" more than half the world’s population is female; -bryon31

(banging on the desk, tears rolling down my cheeks.. as I bite my lip off.  momma always said "be nice" so...)
Why thank you for clearing that up for us Bryon.  grin

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#36 [url]

Aug 28 12 4:28 PM

You see, I've been married too long.. don't think in terms of male and female anymore.  The way I see it we're all drones condemed to blindly follow the instructions of the man (or in this case,  Me wife)

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Aug 29 12 11:24 AM

Hi Potter (& everybody else!)
Check out our forum under General Discussion for the Labor Day Sale info I just posted. I think you will be happy.
Thanks to all and enjoy!
Daisy

Quote    Reply   

potter

superstar

#40 [url]

Sep 4 12 12:25 PM

Ordered-Thanks Daisy and all at WGF

Is there anything you can't combine with the Persian figs?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help