Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#1 [url]

Oct 15 12 7:58 PM

Conradhawkwood,

Once again.. really great work.  But...yea, I cant help myself I have to ask a couple of questions.
As Im not a reader and only vaguely familar with the WSS, Im confident that this is based on an "actual" reg't.

First; Where did you get those really great Flags? Was it your own work or from somewhere like War Flag?
Second; I have noticed that it is common, even when using 6 figs per base, you 'all' seem to use only use 4 Grenader models for their company as opposed to 6 figs.
IS this because of a limited number of parts.. or thats the way it is outlined in the rules set you use?

Thanks keep up the good work!

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 16 12 3:59 AM

David of Not by Appointment..he sorted out what he thought as the most accurate,,the bases are not companies I use these for Maurice so the unit representaion is rather abstract  I am merely representing  an average number of grenadiers..more likely than not they probably didn;t have grenadiers ..it is, as far as one be sure , a real unit,or 3 real units. cologne had 3 regiments of foot.Being an archbishopric it is recorde that they wore clerical black stockings.

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#3 [url]

Oct 17 12 2:45 AM

Thank you for the information.
Once again, I seem to keep 'reading too much' into these units, thats is seeing them as mare historically 'detailed' and less in the all-round sense.

As for the flags, "My Hats Off" to the designer / creator, even if he did take a bit of creative liberty here and there with them. They really give the units an amazing 'realistic' / and touch of detail.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help